What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The minimum debut age

Because the NRL are f**king idiots who make all their decisions based on non-existent legal threats. I've seen a 15 year old play in a local a grade grand final but even if he was a year older he still wouldn't be able to play off the bench in reserve grade in the worst comp in the country these days. In fact I don't think he'd be allowed to play under 18s. There are kids in some towns who are leaving the sport because of this. NRL = no f**ks given.

Brilliant response as usual from the brains trust.

If you can't contribute to a topic then f**k off. It's always pathetic when wankers have to play the man instead of the ball due to butt hurt over previously being owned.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Because the NRL are f**king idiots who make all their decisions based on non-existent legal threats. I've seen a 15 year old play in a local a grade grand final but even if he was a year older he still wouldn't be able to play off the bench in reserve grade in the worst comp in the country these days. In fact I don't think he'd be allowed to play under 18s. There are kids in some towns who are leaving the sport because of this. NRL = no f**ks given.
downloadfile-1.gif

Spade

Juniors
Why do we have a minimum age for when someone can debut? Doesn't make much sense.

I think Jordan Rankin caused it, debuted at 16 and some blame that early debut on him never reaching any heights.

All the scouts in Rankins teen years thought he'd be the next big thing and the word around is after the early debut he lost all confidence and wasn't the same player:

Last edited:

Canard

Immortal

Yes, 14 year olds not being able to play NRL is causing them to be lost to the sport.

Jesus Christ. You are the most miserable person on the planet.
And again.

Contribute something or f**k off.

If you can't discuss the issue because you know nothing about it stay in the game threads with the armchair fans.
You're contribution: 'f**kin nrl f**kin nrl f**kin nrl'

Quality, constructive stuff.
They changed the rule dickhead.

Not that you'd know that.

And still you offer nothing.

Canard

Immortal
And again.

If you can't discuss the issue because you know nothing about it stay in the game threads with the armchair fans.

Take something for your period pain and then come back and have a sensible decision with the adults.

Canard

Immortal
I'm the only one to answer the OP's question.

You've still offered NOTHING. Except nonsensical sentences.

"NRL= No f**ks given" is a real top quality contribution which shows that you have carefully considered the subject and looked at it from both sides of the arguement.

"NRL= No f**ks given" is a real top quality contribution which shows that you have carefully considered the subject and looked at it from both sides of the arguement.
And what have you done? Made several posts in a thread about a topic and STILL offered absolutely nothing on that topic, except to selectively quote me, from either side. Play the ball not the man. Of course you'd have to know how to play the ball first.

Iafeta

Referee
Rules designed to protect themselves? Well I never. The nerve. The audacity.

Is it 18? Show me a 14, 15 or 16 year old who could cope mentally and physically from it. It's the same type of brutality that Money is about to box into Mary McGregor.

It's 18 at NRL level and 17 at every level of the game. Even the lowest level pub comp reserve grade where the players aren't even as good as half the 16 year olds running around. It's costing the game players at a time when participation is already plummeting. But like I said, the NRL don't give a f**k. You can't play senior football until you're 17 no matter how good you are and you can't play rep football after the age of 23. They might as well just tell players they're not wanted in the sport.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
And again.

Playing the ball or the man?

Anyway, I'm sure you'll blame the nrl for all your issues