What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The minimum debut age

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Problem is ECT, every time someone does try to argue an actual point with you, you always come back with "F*ck off Gallop/Smith/Greenberg fan boi" or some other crap.

People have given up trying to have a constructive argument with you because they get the same response no matter what topic is.

Problem is ECT, every time someone does try to argue an actual point with you, you always come back with "F*ck off Gallop/Smith/Greenberg fan boi" or some other crap.

People have given up trying to have a constructive argument with you because they get the same response no matter what topic is.
Riiiiiight.

So they won't or can't discuss the topic but they can troll the threads discussing them. Makes sense. Anyone who "gives up" discussing a topic but is happy to still post irrelevant shit clearly never had anything to contribute to begin with.

The OP asked a legitimate question about something the NRL have imposed recently and not a single person has answered the question or even responded on topic, except me.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Here's a response princess, its all the nrl's fault. Everything from young blokes leaving the game through to taking the blue out of rainbow paddle pops.

Anyone who has a contary view to your tinfoil f**kery is called a dick head so its best just to agree with you. Right?

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
The minimum age was raised to 18 because the NRL were concerned not only about the physical toll on people under 18 but also the mental toll and pressure it puts on young players.

There were 5 suicides between 2013-2015 in the game, and that's at the highest level of junior grades.

I don't see the 18 age minimum as a bad thing at all.

No, apparently it's best to just be a troll who can't respond to the issue at hand.

I responded to the topic. You didn't. You retrospectively now making the excuse that it's because I don't constructively argue is clearly bullshit. And to still not offer anything of substance proves it further.

The minimum age was raised to 18 because the NRL were concerned not only about the physical toll on people under 18 but also the mental toll and pressure it puts on young players.

There were 5 suicides between 2013-2015 in the game, and that's at the highest level of junior grades.

I don't see the 18 age minimum as a bad thing at all.
How many under 18 first graders killed themselves?

And how can you link suicide to playing first grade before turning 18 when the answer to that first question is zero?

And what about under 17s not being allowed to play even the lowest possible level of senior football? How does that make sense?

unforgiven

Bench
There is a lot of off topic garbage in this thread, I think the minimum age restriction for the NRL is fine. I do think its a mistake to impose limits on age in the lower levels of football, especially in the country where it is getting harder and harder to field teams. I also have massive problems with country football rep teams being restricted to under 23's