What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Nelsn Trial

Jubileeboy

First Grade
the trailers for the match didn't show much.

I know, too many tries in that highlights package to be able to get a good look at hole punching forwards and support play and some good passing, or fkn socks !... Terrible, hey ?
We were the red and white ones that scored plenty and didn't let the other team score many.
Hope that helps mate.

TruSaint

Referee
I know, too many tries in that highlights package to be able to get a good look at hole punching forwards and support play and some good passing, or fkn socks !... Terrible, hey ?
We were the red and white ones that scored plenty and didn't let the other team score many.
Hope that helps mate

:lol:

St Georgio

Juniors
Hope that helps mate.

that is beauty a :lol:

Last edited:

RedVDragon

Juniors
Your issue/obsession with Rein seems to go beyond his ability, it actually seems to be personal. I'm curious, what's the story here? What did he do to you? Are you Cameron King?

I will address your curiosity. The issue here is around competence which Rein has none. He starves the team of any attacking flair he cannot read the play and simple skills for Hooker like passing the ball from dummy half is terrible.

Has it become personal, yes. Why because he personally effects the teams ability to win games consistently. Let's assume he has ability then why hasn't he improved as a player like most players that have ability. We keep hearing how he wants to be the NSW state of origin hooker how delusional is Rein. Apart from his passing issues watch him when he gets a run next how he slowly trots to dummy half and consistently looks behind him left and right before he gets to the play the ball. Shouldn't a hooker already know who to pass too? Shouldn't a hooker look for gaps in the defensive line and aim to run the play there when the opportunity presents itself? If I am wrong then I promise I will stop criticising Rein. I don't know why he is still in the side even though his own team mates are starting to get frustrated with Reins lack of ability.

The Dragons deserve far better service out of dummy half and we haven't had this since Nathan Fien and Dean Young retired.

Final no I am not Cameron King and yes King is a far better player on one leg.

saintjeff

Juniors
If Cameron king is so good he couldnt make it at the cows ,know is at the eels who he might struggle to get a go ,plus injury prone
Even when we won a heap of games early on rein cops it
Give him a break he has got guts tackles the big guys in the middle

King had his time at the Dragons ruined by injuries and they decided to let him move on and I hope he does get a decent amount of games in first grade.

Rein needs to improve in areas thats for certain.

GC Dragon

Juniors
Milne was given a token 10 mins at the end. Which suggests he is not in the mix for round one . Which is a shame because my mate at the ground said he was far more threatening in that 10 mins than Lafai was for the entire game .

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Milne was given a token 10 mins at the end. Which suggests he is not in the mix for round one . Which is a shame because my mate at the ground said he was far more threatening in that 10 mins than Lafai was for the entire game .

Thought that might be the case....I guess their going to give those that they have spent the dollars on the first option...thanks for the info GC

hewi

Bench
From asking around my Union friends Milne is a gun. Aitken in the centre , Milne on the wing and Lafai? Who cares?

krispyredv

Juniors
From what ive seen lafai hasnt improved us at all, sure he might need some game time to get back into form, but that can be in the cutters. I would like to see Milne get a shot but it probably wont happen to start with

getsmarty

Immortal
Dragons run in eight tries to two in Warriors win

By MITCH JENNINGS
Feb. 21, 2016, 6:14 p.m.

A WEEK after bemoaning his side’s lack of intensity in a Charity Shield loss to South Sydney, Dragons coach Paul McGregor had a lot more to be pleased about in a 46-10 hammering of the Warriors in New Zealand on Saturday.

The Dragons ran in eight tries to two in a dominant display that saw first-choice halves Gareth Widdop and Benji Marshall re-united for the first time in 2016 and Josh Dugan’s first appearance in the 13-a-side format in the centres.
The Dragons led 18-4 at halftime on the back of tries to Euan Aitken and Dugan and Kurt Mann. They added five more in the second with Tyrone McCarthy, Jack de Belin, Widdop, Siliva Havili and a second four-pointer to Aitken putting a stamp on the victory.
‘‘I thought it was a big turnaround from last week,’’ Marshall said.
‘‘I think our defence, our intent, how hard we were running and how hard we were tackling was much better.

“Having guys like Gareth Widdop and Joel Thompson back was a big thing for us as well really helped us as well.
‘‘I think it was good stepping stone to what we can do this year but it was really just a snippet of what we’re capable of.’’
Marshall also welcomed the chance to link regularly with Dugan who was a standout on the right edge .

‘‘I thought he showed a few good glimpses of what he can do out there,’’ Marshall said.
‘‘I’m just really happy to have him outside me to be honest.

“He really adds another dimension to our attack and makes my job a lot easier.’’

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/3741973/dragons-hammer-warriors/?cs=2382

getsmarty

Immortal
Marshall: We Showed Intent

Mon 22nd February, 07:00AM A A

St George Illawarra Dragons half back Benji Marshall discusses the 46-10 point win over the New Zealand Warriors in Saturday's trial fixture at Trafalgar Park, Nelson.

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2016/02/22/marshall_we_showed_i.html

Minh

First Grade
Hope that helps mate.

It was a disaster.....:lol:

TheRev

First Grade
Excitement Machine, but he can have a run mid season (injury/rep/form whatever), lets see how he handles 80 minutes for the Cutters, no shortage of blokes very much first grade proven and deserving of first shots.

I also have my suspicion that a full season of first grade is a huge ask for a new kid.. such as Aitken last year, I think youd rather come in for half a season, be fresh.. get a taste.. get your confidence and hit a preseason.. just a suspicion but I think their introduction should be a gradual process.