What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official Swamp

rugbynotsoccer

Juniors
He is a mormon and won't lie. Why play for the dirty parramatta river eels when you can play for the Waratahs away from the westy bogans

rugbynotsoccer

Juniors
Give him a break he's been stuck in the Greater Western Sydney surrounded by degenerate Campbelltown, Parramatta and Penrith supporters.

Once he's in the clear, in a nice eloquent and affluent neighborhood away from the west. He will be a ambassador of Rugby Union and a shining light of success for a spiritual Mormon. Soon enough Jarryd Hayne will follow.

bileduct

Coach
It's ok to cheat the cap for 6 years to keep the best players in the game and recruit the best young talent in the country.
When you get busted for that, all you need to do is pay back the grand final bonus - no fines for being over the cap.
They were fined $1.7 million, of which there was a $500K penalty (the maximum fine for breaching the salary cap) and the return of $1.2 million in prize money.

And you can then re-value all your players so that they fit in the cap
The club had to let Greg Inglis go as they could no longer afford him, amongst other players.

and you don't need to count their Foxsports gigs that you teed up for them (etc etc).
It was actually Cameron Smith's contract with Fox Sports that instigated Schubert's investigation of the Storm's books.

But if some retired merkin writes a book, then you better damn well get ready because the Schu is coming for you.
The book deal should have been reported to the NRL, end of story.

If you wanna have a whinge at least get some of the facts right.

Last edited:

bileduct

Coach
which contract? must be hard when you have signed 3 to work out which one is for schubert and which is for your accountant.
Who signed three contracts?

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/detai...ting-giant-storm/story-e6frea8c-1225857622585

In a stunning twist, the file also reveals that at least one of the players specifically insisted that the terms of his agreement be included in the club's salary cap, indicating the players may not have been aware they were being used to deliberately cheat the cap.

bileduct

Coach
My facts were all correct enough for the joke.

Learn to read interpetively (I made that word up) and you'll enjoy life a whole lot more.
Uh huh, you mean correct enough in that they were all completely wrong?

There was a joke in there as well, was there?

Eelogical

Referee
Things aren't looking great on the recruiting front since Stuart arrived :?

I disagree. It's about time they started showing who's in charge. If we lose Will as well then that's the price we pay for not caving in to players demands. For me it's about players who want to play for Parra. Stuart, IMO is showing what has been lacking in quite a while....and that's discipline.

strider

Post Whore
:lol: .... i think we should move all ME's posts here - he goes fishing for a bite more than any of us :lol:

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Hayne is a clown, I really hope he stays with you lot. Anyone that would rather go shopping then watch their team mates is kidding themselves.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Tbh I didn't think GoodGuy did too much wrong.

You're right Strider. Me and Poupou should be regulars.

Last edited: