What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official Swamp

Ratchy

Juniors
Doesn't say much for Parra's oft-celebrated junior system though, does it? No, much easier to swoop in when another team has done the talent identification and early development.

Have a look around the league at Parra players playing for other clubs before you start whinging.....

Chipmunk

Coach
Doesn't say much for Parra's oft-celebrated junior system though, does it? No, much easier to swoop in when another team has done the talent identification and early development.

Mate, you've come to the wrong club to be whingeing about junior players getting pinched by other clubs. Our juniors are just about in every club in the NRL.

I don't think it says anything either way for the Eels junior development system. The Eels certainly invest their fair share in juniors, as do the Raiders and a lot of clubs. Unless you are prepared to level the same criticism at Raiders whenever they sign an established player.....what's your point? And it's not as if Papali has been playing in the Raiders system since he was 12 or anything. Look on the bright side....should be easier to extend Edrick Lee et al. now.

skeepe

Immortal
If reports of Papali on 100k this season are true the Raiders only have themselves to blame. Especially after signing a useless Slug like Edwards who is probably on more.

How so? He was a Toyota Cup player in 2011 and this is still the same contract. The Raiders offered him a 3 year extension that also included a big top up for this season. Not sure what else they were supposed to do.

natheel

Coach
How so? He was a Toyota Cup player in 2011 and this is still the same contract. The Raiders offered him a 3 year extension that also included a big top up for this season. Not sure what else they were supposed to do.

Offer more?

Tbh we do offer a certain spot in the 17 while raiders have juniors coming through who are very promising so players jump ship for more money and a certain start

skeepe

Immortal
It's not over yet... suggestions from a very reliable Canberra Times journalist that the Eels only released this to the media to pressure Papalii because they know he is having second thoughts and wants to stay with the Raiders.

natheel

Coach
It's not over yet... suggestions from a very reliable Canberra Times journalist that the Eels only released this to the media to pressure Papalii because they know he is having second thoughts and wants to stay with the Raiders.

could you put a link up?

Also read he signed the contract 2 weeks ago. Look we are never going to get the true story from the media and of course Canberra would be putting these mixed messages out there. Whether it to make us nervous that he is in fact having mixed feelings or is it something along the lines Furner threatening his position in the team?

Hopefully he comes out and squashes the rumours and tells it like it is.

Read the tweets from tuxworth but also read tweets and retweets from fellow team mate Anthony Milford who kinda points to him leaving (fans send their respects and hopes of him maybe staying)

Tuxworth more so sounds like a Raiders fan venting his frustration at losing a promising player (as many would)

But lets be serious what NRL club would release a media statement of Officially signing a player just to put 'pressure' on him to stay? all this talk of him having second thoughts is coming from Canberra way so if anyone seems to putting pressure on him it seems to be Canberra media.

Last edited:

skeepe

Immortal
you are claiming it's a conspiracy because there are no sound grabs

you're quite happy to believe that he has had second thoughts and wants to stay with not even one quote from him saying that

the only drongo saying that is the journalist who keeps changing his mind :lol:

You're going to be very embarrassed when he runs out in a Raiders jersey next season.

skeepe

Immortal
The Raiders can bitch and moan all they like. They can run around organizing 3rd party deals until the cows come home. But it's too late fellas, he's signed with us.

Actually it's not too late. The contract he's signed isn't worth the paper it's printed on until the NRL registers it, and they won't do that until after round 13.

skeepe

Immortal
Wow precious lot in here aren't you? My posts were hardly off topic, in fact the majority were discussing the issue at hand.

You guys would give the Chinese a run for their money with the ridiculous censorship.

Take my last post for example. Was 100% truthful and on topic, why was it moved?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Actually it's not too late. The contract he's signed isn't worth the paper it's printed on until the NRL registers it, and they won't do that until after round 13.

This is a true statement which probably doesn't belong in the swamp.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Wow precious lot in here aren't you? My posts were hardly off topic, in fact the majority were discussing the issue at hand.

You guys would give the Chinese a run for their money with the ridiculous censorship.

Take my last post for example. Was 100% truthful and on topic, why was it moved?

because of your previous posts where you were being a dickhead

you can stay in The Swamp

skeepe

Immortal
Not strictly true ME. Unfortunately the contract he's signed isn't worth anything to us until the NRL registers it, and they won't do that until after round 13.

Well said.

To be honest I actually don't like the idea that a signed contract can be rendered null and void by a change of mind, as far as I'm concerned a contract should be binding, but thems the rules and we've all got to work with them.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Well said.

To be honest I actually don't like the idea that a signed contract can be rendered null and void by a change of mind, as far as I'm concerned a contract should be binding, but thems the rules and we've all got to work with them.

Yeah - I think the one thing all Raiders and Eels fans can all agree on is that the current system of registering contracts mid year is not working and needs to be fixed!