What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The only shining light is

getsmarty

Immortal
We have a good squad aside from McCrone ,Marketo and Packer. Also, we need a good coach, Mary is too stubborn and refuses to fix the glaring issue of McCrone.

McCrone is worse than Ben Kusto. McCrone is the worst player to ever play for the Red V.

Bit harsh on McCrone....I really think with a decent coach he would be a serviceable halfback.
Mary would confuse Slater/Smith/Cronk with his tactics...." But coach what are you saying..if we see an opportunity to play what's in front of us you want us to stick to the same sideways block plays that haven't worked for the last 3 years?".....That's right son...they will eventually work!!!!!!! LOL

Smack

Coach
Oh there is no doubt a better coach will bring the best out of him, but I'm going off his results as of now. In my opinion, he is our all time worst.
Bit harsh on McCrone....I really think with a decent coach he would be a serviceable halfback.
Mary would confuse Slater/Smith/Cronk with his tactics...." But coach what are you saying..if we see an opportunity to play what's in front of us you want us to stick to the same sideways block plays that haven't worked for the last 3 years?".....That's right son...they will eventually work!!!!!!! LOL

gonz

Juniors
There were a few shining lights last night:
- Dufty will most certainly be a gun
- Kurt Mann was our other most dangerous back and will be able to lock down a centre spot with old mate biscuit legs heading to the Cronulla Peptides next year.

- Jack De Belin is the absolute heart and soul of our team right now. We'd be f**ked without him.
- Frizzell had a phenomenal impact in the middle despite carrying a few injuries.

Those four can walk away proud. Frankly, we don't deserve them. The rest need a good, hard look at themselves.
Yep the rest outside Vaughn need to go.

The captain is paid 700 to much his an bsolute mess couldn't pull shit out of his ass

Bench
There needs to be a big shakeup next season. Marketo and McCrone gone and their names never be mentioned again.
McDonald on the wing is not working. He has no speed gets caught out in defence. Mary has stuck by him, but he needs to go.
Nightingale. He is one my favourite players. But my brain tells me he should have retired this season.
I wish we could get rid of Mary. People say we can't afford to pay half m out. I think we can't afford not to.

Maxwell

Juniors
Damned if we do and damned if we don't, keep Mary and we have another season like this one and Ben Hunts game is destroyed. If we sack him , We would be stuck with either Hornby or Dean Young and it will be nightmare at Kogarah again.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Damned if we do and damned if we don't, keep Mary and we have another season like this one and Ben Hunts game is destroyed. If we sack him , We would be stuck with either Hornby or Dean Young and it will be nightmare at Kogarah again.
JD is available.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Is he? If so, pay Mary out and sign him now.
Yes JD is available. I have heard/read that he has a clause in his contract, that if he was offered a first grade head coaching job, he can get out of his contract with Brisbane. He would also be quite familiar with our squad. Mary should have been sacked at the end of last year and JD given the job then.

Why on earth we resigned Mary mid season is beyond me. It wasn't like there were any other clubs lining up to sign Mary to coach them.

Drag Queen

Bench
Yes JD is available. I have heard/read that he has a clause in his contract, that if he was offered a first grade head coaching job, he can get out of his contract with Brisbane. He would also be quite familiar with our squad. Mary should have been sacked at the end of last year and JD given the job then.

Why on earth we resigned Mary mid season is beyond me. It wasn't like there were any other clubs lining up to sign Mary to coach them.
His re-signing mid season was beyond me too. Plain stupidity, although I hear he's a really nice guy.. I went down to Sydney today and listened to the Knights/Warriors game on the radio on the way back. Even though I am a Kiwi I was willing the Knights to win. Brownie is rebuilding and doing it well.

Do you honestly think the way Mary and the club treated him he would ever come back.

He is at a club that has a better oppurtunity of doing something in the future not a middle of the run club run by total clowns with a roster full of fringe first graders at best.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Do you honestly think the way Mary and the club treated him he would ever come back.

He is at a club that has a better oppurtunity of doing something in the future not a middle of the run club run by total clowns with a roster full of fringe first graders at best.
Yes I think JD would come back if he was offered the first grade head coaching role. I also believe that he could do a lot better with the roster we currently have and the addition of Hunt. Hopefully we can grab another good prop or two as well.

I don't think that our roster is that bad. We do have a good forward pack now, but I still think we need another good prop or two. We will have a very good pair of halves next year. I think Dufty is a very exciting prospect. Add to that, youngsters, such as Zac Lomax, Herbert, Marsters, Garrick, Field, Matherson Luciano, Host and Lawrie and I think a good coach would see a lot of positives to work with.

Drag Queen

Bench
Yes I think JD would come back if he was offered the first grade head coaching role. I also believe that he could do a lot better with the roster we currently have and the addition of Hunt. Hopefully we can grab another good prop or two as well.

I don't think that our roster is that bad. We do have a good forward pack now, but I still think we need another good prop or two. We will have a very good pair of halves next year. I think Dufty is a very exciting prospect. Add to that, youngsters, such as Zac Lomax, Herbert, Marsters, Garrick, Field, Matherson Luciano, Host and Lawrie and I think a good coach would see a lot of positives to work with.
If you look at this way, we will be rebuilding like the Knights with a few senior players. It's no secret I don't want Dufty or Field as our FB. I want a a FB that can attack and defend like every other team Lomax and Marsters could be the young ones to shine. Jason could definitely steer the ship. Don't take offence because I'm struggling to stay awake to see my Union team take on the Lions. And I'm half pissed.. Cheers Frank.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
My thoughts on the Dragons' few 'shining lights'....

Dufty: playing well and doesn't overplay his hand, which is probably a sign of him feeling his way into first grade (still a long way to go though to say he's going to be a 'gun').

Mann: a confidence player who should always have a spot in the starting side (let alone the bench...God knows why he re-signed).

Dugan: although quiet last night, he has tried his best in most games, and always looks as though he wants to play for the club (he will be definitely missed next year).

JDB: another wholehearted game last night, his game is better served as a head-down, ball under arm, bum up forward.

Frizell: tries hard, although I don't think this season has been his best (is he 'busted'?).

Vaughan: for a big bloke, his agility is remarkable....better than Wayman in his prime? (such a pity McGregor has NFI how to manipulate his game management).

Au Mau: consistently good and doesn't get the plaudits he deserves.

And of course, Nightingale, whose future and position should never be questioned.

As for the others.....

MacDonald: lazy, slow, error riddled, defensively frail...I cannot believe Saints allowed Morris to go in favour of this bloke (and Nabuli).

Lafai: started strongly but is fading badly.

Aitken: determined ball runner but needs to learn to pass and not rush up in defence (I have hopes for him).

Widdop: cops so much undeserved crap when it's so blatantly obvious that he has far too much responsibility on his shoulders.

McCrone: started well but lacks consistency needed for first grade....his lack of form affects Widdop.

Thompson: for someone with so much first grade experience and potential, this bloke fades out pf games too often for my liking (a perennial underachiever, I'm afraid...Thompson should be SOO material by now).

McInnes...tackles his arse out but offers next-to-nothing in attack (not helping Widdop enough); he reminds me of Ben Ellis.

Packer: looked disinterested since signing with the Tigers.

Sims: see Thompson...another player not reaching his true potential (frustratingly, when he is 'on song'. Sims is bloody awesome).

Host: jury is out.

Sele: not first grade material, doesn't offer much in either attack or defence.

The shining light?

The draw, because at least we didn't have to play West Tigers twice this year, thus avoiding the possibility that we would have lost every single team to not make the Semis.

....oh and the Warriors.

Latest posts