What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Paleo Diet appreciation thread

some11

Referee
How about just eat what you need and cut out as much sugar and processed crap as possible.

I've been losing half a kg per week and don't even bother counting kj.

Cletus

First Grade
How about just eat what you need and cut out as much sugar and processed crap as possible.

I've been losing half a kg per week and don't even bother counting kj.

It would be good if the Paleo diet wasn't tied up with the rubbish backstory about cavemen because it's obviously very effective. But it's too restrictive because of it and I think it would be very hard to follow. Excluding alcohol and junk food is always going to be a good way to lose weight.

Cletus

First Grade
I love my baked beans! The no dairy I find a bit strange though, do people on Paleo have whey protein? I wouldn't thought there would be too many cavemen era protein drinks.

Haffa

It would be good if the Paleo diet wasn't tied up with the rubbish backstory about cavemen because it's obviously very effective.

I think the back story stuff has pretty much been wiped in all but the name for most people (other than your usual fad crazies).

It's really just another clean eating diet.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Yeah the caveman angle is a pretty bad sell for what I think is a good diet. I'm on keto which is similar but less carbs and moderate protein. As long as the macros are followed I'm not too strict on what I eat but it rules out grains, fruit and a lot of dairy due to carb content anyway.

Last edited:

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I eat a lot of rice because I like cooking se Asian and Indian style food. It doesn't seem to hurt me.

Cletus

First Grade
Yeah I'm not a fan of the ketosis diets so I tend to eat a bit of carb rich foods. I just find they make me feel lethargic and I frankly just don't like them. Mind you I seem to be stuck at 93kgs so maybe I should try them :) If I ever hit 90kgs I'll post a selfie in the acheivements thread.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I'm using Keto to burn fat and it's working tremendously. It won't be a lifestyle choice though, as soon as I'm down to my desired weight then I'll be back on a more balanced diet.

There's no way I could live the rest of my life without beer or pasta!

redvscotty

First Grade
I'm currently doing the carb backloading style.

Protein and fats during the day and a carb up about 2-3 hours before bed. Only a month in and only lost a couple of kgs, but got all my strength back and can notice my waist line shrinking visibly.