What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Raiders and BJ

Takes the Raiders to a new level....... Croker and BJ either side of Austin will make a huge difference, not only will the renunion further inspire Soliola and Frank-Paul it will have the Raiders as the dark-horse for the rest of 2015.

Just when I thought they couldn't get any lower...

BJ, Sezer and Whitehead (Maybe even Tamou) all strengthen the team no doubt BUT can the Raiders improve their defence? That is by far the biggest issue. It's all an attitude thing and at the moment they prefer to put all of their focus on scoring tries and not defending the line. There needs to be some middle ground.

BJ is very much a rocks and diamonds type player. I saw a lot of him at the Roosters and he has not changed much since he left us. He can be damaging with the ball at times and then go MIA when you least expect it. If you think he will "flourish" under Sticky's coaching then you are in for a shock.

AS to him listening to FPN, do people forget he was like he was at the Roosters whilst FPN was also there? Sorry guys but you will come to find him a very frustrating type player.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
BJ is very much a rocks and diamonds type player. I saw a lot of him at the Roosters and he has not changed much since he left us. He can be damaging with the ball at times and then go MIA when you least expect it. If you think he will "flourish" under Sticky's coaching then you are in for a shock.

AS to him listening to FPN, do people forget he was like he was at the Roosters whilst FPN was also there? Sorry guys but you will come to find him a very frustrating type player.

soliola ("cousin") not FPN

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
He's an interesting player BJ, if you could get his head in the game for 80mins he'd be a real weapon. Still only 23 with a fair of bit of experience, plenty of time on his side.

Radical Rat

Juniors
BJ is the dumbest looking footballer I have ever seen.

His head seems to be inflating. It may burst soon.

images

Jason Maher

Immortal
Rapa and Lee fight it out for the last wing spot. Rapa is injured half the time and has butter fingers, plus Lee has more potential so he stays IMO. Hopefully the pressure for a spot results in one of them coming good.

This only matters if BJ pulls his finger out and gets his attitude in order. Which, given his history, is a worry.

Rapana has butter fingers? Have you ever watched BJ play?

blaza88z

Coach
he just went from being an inconsistent centre to being Reg Gasnier

well.. in the eyes of Raiders fans anyway

Most Raiders fans are definitely apprehensive and we're aware of his inconsistent past. But the fact remains that he does have the talent to be a star, it's just a matter of getting it out of him. It's pretty obvious he wasn't happy in Newcastle, and I'm not underestimating the impact of Soliola (his cousin).

While guys like Soliola, Hodgson, Austin and Waqa have been performing on the field and are a big part of our turnaround, it's also their leadership which has been the biggest influence and reason for our improvement this year. We've been like a rudderless ship the last few years and now that the deadwood in Campo, Tilse, McCrone, etc are gone, we have actual talented players who are leading us around the park and changing our culture. If Leilua isn't performing on and off the paddock there will be nowhere for him to hide in this team.

Mr. Snrub

Juniors
I'm not completely convinced with BJ. I guess we'll see in the next couple of weeks. I think he still has to earn his place in the team first. Maybe a couple of weeks in NSW Cup. Lee and Rapana are doing okay on the wings right now.

A lot of people in this forum obviously don't want the Raiders to go well. Why all the hate? It's been a pretty dry spell for a supporter like myself. I've been supporting the Raiders since I can remember and theres been more shitty years than good.

There is no way he'll play NSW Cup.

He'll either have this weekend off and start next weekend, or be thrown right in this weekend.

No benefit to have him in NSW Cup, unfortunately Rapana or Lee will miss out.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Im cautious.

He is exactly the type of player we need to fill the Ferguson gap. We are thin as f**k in outside backs and are an injury away from Kennedy at centre so its a position we need.

That said he's an absolute plonker in the brains dept and a lazy jerk on top of it. Could go either way.

nick87

Coach
Lets get to the real heart of this thing

Is there anyone who has seen a bigger noggin than the one BJ has on his head? It's f**king huge!

Latest posts