What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"The Roster I Want"

Red V for life

Juniors
Dragons will win the comp! There I said it!
I have a belief in this actual team that will end up doing the business at the end against any rival..
Like your optimism mickeylane. I certainly hope they can get it done, but i’m not sure. They seem to be stuck in second gear atm. All teams have their slumps, but I genuinely don’t know whether we’re going to go up another gear.

All I do know is there’ll be heart palpitations over the next few rounds as it becomes clear!

Gareth67

First Grade
Can only say the same mickylane , you have optimism coming out of every pore of your body . By the way , how was Brazil ? Haven’t heard from you for a while now so naturally I presumed you left the country . . .

Frank Facer

First Grade
Our weakness is our 2 to 5. If we had Melbourne's 1 to 5, then I think we would be a very good chance of winning the comp. Having a look at Melbourne's team this week and they look really strong across the whole park. They are now the team to beat with Souths the next best.

St Georgio

Juniors
Our weakness is our 2 to 5. If we had Melbourne's 1 to 5, then I think we would be a very good chance of winning the comp. Having a look at Melbourne's team this week and they look really strong across the whole park. They are now the team to beat with Souths the next best.
We have a better spine and pack than the Storm, It's a Matter of our Centers and Wingers rising up to the Challenge, they were crap last week!

Crush

Coach
I posted this in another thread, and at the risk of starting another useless thread I thought it deserved more discussion.
McGreagor "Roster I Want"

JDB, Vaughn, Frizel, Sims.
4 current SOO reps.
Hunt.
Current, some would say unfairly former, SOO halfback.
Graham, international Prop.
Widdop, international 5/8
LAM, international prop.
McInness, one of two chances for SOO hooker.
Aitken, in the mix for SOO centre.
Tim Lafai, international Samoan rep.
Nene MacDonald, international PNG rep.
Dufty, good judges rate as a next superstar.

Now on paper that is as good a roster as any team in the comp.
So why were we at the start of the year rated as wooden spoon contenders?
Why do I
I posted this in another thread, and at the risk of starting another useless thread I thought it deserved more discussion.

4 current SOO reps.
Hunt.
LAM, international prop.

Why do I believe, fairly or unfairly, that we have over achieved by being 3rd at this stage of the year?
Why does everyone, fans and commentators, not rate us, and despite where we are, believe we will choke and drop out?

What is it about our club that we can not consistantly get the best out of that roster.
McGreagor is the simple answer, but is it the only one?
Mate, its not over yet.
I understand that you are angry at our form going south but there is time to bounce back here.
Yes we haven't been able to do that in the last few years but I think writing us off now is a bit premature.
I reckon we may struggle over the next couple of weeks and then hit some form late in the run home.
BTW, we have a great roster this year but not the best.

Mate, its not over yet.
I understand that you are angry at our form going south but there is time to bounce back here.
Yes we haven't been able to do that in the last few years but I think writing us off now is a bit premature.
I reckon we may struggle over the next couple of weeks and then hit some form late in the run home.
I’m not writing them off yet, but we have all seen Mary’s lack of ability to arrest a slump, maybe this year is different, maybe?

Crush

Coach
I’m not writing them off yet, but we have all seen Mary’s lack of ability to arrest a slump, maybe this year is different, maybe?
Surely we come out the other side here?
If we fade away into the abyss then sack him and find a replacement for 2019.
We are not there quite yet though.
Not that predictions mean much but Ill say
LLWWWWW

ouryears

Bench

4 current SOO reps.
Hunt.
LAM, international prop.

Why do I believe, fairly or unfairly, that we have over achieved by being 3rd at this stage of the year?
Why does everyone, fans and commentators, not rate us, and despite where we are, believe we will choke and drop out?

What is it about our club that we can not consistantly get the best out of that roster.
McGreagor is the simple answer, but is it the only one?
But it isn't a good roster.
It's not close to Storm, Souths, Sharks, Panthers at full strength, Roosters or Broncos.

Why?

Our centres are not fast, not creative and not smart.

Our half back is a better hooker than half.

Our winger is a soft runner.

Our other one is dead man walking.

Our fullback is still learning.

Our captain is not a leader.

How do I know this?

The damn results tell me and my own eyes.

We haven't got a good roster, it's barely ok.

Look at the scoreboard.
End of story.

Old Timer

Coach
Our backs as a collective are shit.
Last week the forwards including the SOO players laid a good enough platform for the backs to launch off and win the game.
Lafai, Aitken, Nighty are selected week in week out and provide f**k all.
At least Dufty does some inspiring things and ignites some great raids but the rest are tragically inefficient in creating or finishing.
Our much vaunted halves can look great on a given day but when needed to take command of a difficult or bad situation are found wanting.
All well & good to talk about the last 10 minutes and how we come home but that is just wall papering the truth.
The backs we select week in week out (gutless Mc Fookknuckle) will never win us a comp and the reliance on them just shows the lack of leadership from the coaching staff.

Last edited:

ouryears

Bench
Dragons will win the comp! There I said it!
I have a belief in this actual team that will end up doing the business at the end against any rival..
Can I pls offer you $5,000 bet and I will give you 10:1 odds.
Do you have these dreams often?

Great the normal gang agree with you
DA61, and his cat pack.

Anyway, put up or quit posting dreams.

JDHD

Juniors
Why aren't the juniors ready?
Most, if not all, are junior NSW or Australian Reps, all now in thier 20s.
So why can't we get them ready for first grade?

Because it’s f**king difficult to play first grade. You go to Penshurst this weekend, and of all those kids that play on Saturday morning, maybe one will have a first grade career. Maybe one. There are thousands of former junior reps/Aust schoolboys/U20s players who never made grade because they weren’t good enough. Go back and read the old Aus Schoolboys team lists and laugh at the big average journeymen who make up those teams.

ouryears

Bench
Mickey
If they win the grand final I will buy you drinks for a week.
Love your optimism mate
I think we will win 12 premierships in a row starting this year.

Now where is my prize?!

Blurting out insane comments proves......ohhhh never mind

Please tell us all the junior NSW Australian reps in our ISP team?!

Most of them are?

BS!
Ok, slightly mis-stated, I was referring to “our juniors” not the entire team
Most of the juniors under discussion for first grade are.
Lomax, Feild, Herbert, Host, Lawrie, Robson.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Mate, its not over yet.
Agree the next few weeks will be a struggle but not so sure there will be any turnaround unless something major changes to trigger it. McGregor is one dimensional and that has played its course, I'd be amazed if he has the capability of navigating them out of the hole they will soon be in.