What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

TruSaint

Referee
I don't want Mann punted. My only complaint against him is that he can be a ball hog much like Aikten. Reluctant to pass.

Pretty hard to show any passing skills when you are given varying roles, quite often in the back row, where his job is to tackle and take hit ups. When given a real go in the backline he has all the skills. Thats my point... Not disagreeing that he hasnt passed, but that his role has been varied and limited his ability over the course of his time with Saints.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I dont know whats happening behind the scenes, but Mann have been shafted big time.

Signed as a 1, dropped after 2 games, has since been used everywhere in the backline, in the forwards and spent a great deal of his talent sitting on the bench. During this period, over the past few years, we have had players out of form ( early on Aitken, Lafai, and even Nene ) been given a free run in the star up side. Let alone this year with Flo.

Why would he not leave. ?

Maybe Mary has plans for him in 2019, but he is a keeper for mine. Speed, great step, high work ethic, a great finisher...

Probably loyal to the club as a day is long, as well.
Hope he stays, too.

Probably loyal to the club as a day is long, as well.
Hope he stays, too.

I’m still not sure about Mann.
People here love him.
But I don’t think I’ve ever seen enough of him in one position to form an opinion.
I thought when he started he should have been given a better go at fullback, but now we have Dufty, so that’s out.
Not sure he has the pace I’d like to see one of our wingers have?
Not sure he has the skills for centre?
I just don’t know?

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
People here love him.
But I don’t think I’ve ever seen enough of him in one position to form an opinion.
I thought when he started he should have been given a better go at fullback, but now we have Dufty, so that’s out.
I just don’t know?

I'm hearing ya, mate.
That's the thing l think, he's a good all rounder / utility player and maybe there lies the problem.
Good but not great.
I'd like to see him given a chance for a while in one position ............ like friggin whatshisname from the Canadian Mounties type thingys ............... McCrone, that's him.

McGregor gave him six months or more before he rissoled him.

I'm hearing ya, mate.
That's the thing l think, he's a good all rounder / utility player and maybe there lies the problem.
Good but not great.
I'd like to see him given a chance for a while in one position ............ like friggin whatshisname from the Canadian Mounties type thingys ............... McCrone, that's him.

McGregor gave him six months or more before he rissoled him.

Six months, surely he played longer than that, it seemed like years and years and years.

Mann was the top try scorer for us in 2016 and even then he didn’t play the full season on the wing. That’s where I would have him

Yeah I get ya.
But I want a Ado Carr type winger, one who can blitz the length of the field, who can turn a game with one play.
I may be hoping for too much, but that’s what I’d like to see.
We have gone through a couple of Fijian baggage handlers that were supposed to be that player, but weren’t .

Life's Good

Coach
People here love him.
I just don’t know?
I think the difficulty is, apart from 8 or so games at the back end of 2016, he has really not been given any consistent time in any position.
I’m convinced he is a good winger that could cover halves & fb. Sadly, I don’t think much will change for him with us in respect of a permanent position with the likes of Herbert & Lomax moving further into the picture.

Drag Queen

Bench
Pretty hard to show any passing skills when you are given varying roles, quite often in the back row, where his job is to tackle and take hit ups. When given a real go in the backline he has all the skills. Thats my point... Not disagreeing that he hasnt passed, but that his role has been varied and limited his ability over the course of his time with Saints.
I tend to disagree
People here love him.
I just don’t know?
C'mon BGB. No offence, but Dufty is not our answer as FB. Name a weaker fullback in NRL today,

The Damo

Juniors
People here love him.
I just don’t know?
Yeah I’m similar. I think he’s a good footballer for sure. He looks a better than average winger without being stellar, and he’s our second best winger (not counting unproven lomax Herbert etc who might well be better). At Melbourne he was a good centre, but I don’t think he’s as good as either Lafai or aitken. He could probably play fullback and 5/8 well, but not as well as Dufty and certainly not Widdop. He’s in our best 17 currently, and well worth keeping. But his best spot is either wing, or bench playing the short middle role he was earlier and as cover if a back gets injured. My two cents anyway.