What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

kit66

Bench
Can anyone tell me why some clubs have more than 30 players on their "Teams" lists on their websites linked to NRL.com. Warriors (36), Melb (34), Raiders (35), Wests (35) etc. Do they include development or train & trial players or something ?

Can anyone tell me why some clubs have more than 30 players on their "Teams" lists on their websites linked to NRL.com. Warriors (36), Melb (34), Raiders (35), Wests (35) etc. Do they include development or train & trial players or something ?
Development players can play from round 1 for all clubs in 2024.
My guess is that is why some squad lists, like the Warriors shows 36 players in total.

Parko1310

Juniors
From training photos, you can basically see who is in the first team by the home jerseys/red training shirts. The players in the blue bibs are either bench or fringe of first grade players. Those photos, paired with this photo, seem to paint a clearer picture and from what I can tell the round 1 team (at least for the moment) is slated to be:

1. Sloan 2. Lomax 3. Suli 4. Bird 5. Ravalawa 6. Flanagan 7. Hunt (c) 8. F Molo 9. Liddle 10. Lawrie 11. Eisenhuth 12. Su'a 13. Sele 14. Mulheisen 15. De Belin 16. Fifita 17. BMM/RFM

That's the team I expect to see start the year. I doubt Eisenhuth starts every game, or is in the 17 for every game. Same goes for BMM and RFM. I would expect the Couchman's to both get game time throughout the year. Stewart and Egan will likely debut at some point too, so that 11 and 17 spot will be fairly rotational I think.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Mulheisen start some games with Liddle dropping back to the bench to provide impact, whilst Mulheisen plays the defensive role for the first 20.

Then there's form that comes into things. Players like Bird and Sloan will be on notice. Lomax will interchange a reasonable amount with Sloan you would think to start the year.

Villiame Fifita I doubt will play every game since he hasn't debuted yet. His impact and explosiveness off the bench will have to be replaced like for like I would think which is where Tuitavake comes into selection calculations. However, maybe on a particular given game day Flano will want to set us up more defensively, in which case maybe one of the Couchman's can come onto the bench in place of Fifita which would tighten up our middle more than usual.

Latest posts