What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

I'm Hornby

Juniors
I hope he doesn't end up like Moses Mbye did for us.
Why did Flanno let Mbye go, just to then go and sign poo brown?

Mbye had much more NRL experience, played origin and is even more versatile by covering all the stated positions of Brown but also Fullback (where he played well for us) and Centre.
He has been killing it in super league at one of the best teams where as Brown hasn't cut the mustard and has been sent home from SUPER LEAGUE.

Dumb dumb dumb signing and clearly fraud Flanno has his favorites from past club as well.

Mojo

Bench

Mbye had much more NRL experience, played origin and is even more versatile by covering all the stated positions of Brown but also Fullback (where he played well for us) and Centre.
He has been killing it in super league at one of the best teams where as Brown hasn't cut the mustard and has been sent home from SUPER LEAGUE.

Dumb dumb dumb signing and clearly fraud Flanno has his favorites from past club as well.
Why do you bother to follow this club?

Parko1310

Juniors

There's no shot you're pretending Mbye is better than Brown.

Sage63

Juniors

You must have a very short memory or a very biased opinion about Flanno!
Mbye was absolutely useless when with us.
May have had something to do with Hook!!!

Agree I am actually buoyant for a change with this journeyman
I liked him when at the Dogs and Tigers and thought he was quick out of dummy half and strong and what we need
Maybe his defense or passing is sus
I understand why he left Newcastle as no spot there
Keen for a back up
Always watch W/Tigers games with my son (Excepting Dragon games - I go to the shed)
F/Brown was one of his favourites
A try scoring Hooker albeit maybe not a 80 min player

justadragon

Bench

Mate , I get it, you hate Flanno, you loved Hook, nor you or me or anyone else on this forum is going to change the fact that Flanno is the current coach, it seems to me you are after some sort of justification that you are never going to get. Truth be known, i dont give a shit about Brown, Lomax, KF, Hunt or anyone else as individuals, if they have committed a discretion and paid their dues then fair enough, but collectively all these people combined represent the Dragons Club which I love and will support and have done so for over 30 years. My question to you is are you a supporter of this club ????

Last edited:

Sage63

Juniors
Mate , I get it, you hate Flanno, you loved Hook, nor you or me or anyone else on this forum is going to change the fact that Flanno is the current coach, it seems to me you are after some sort of justification that you are never going to get. Truth be known, i dont give a shit about Brown, Lomax, KF, Hunt or anyone else as individuals, if they have committed a discretion and paid their dues then fair enough, but collectively all these people combined represent the Dragons Club which I love and will support and have done so for over 30 years. My question to you is are you a supporter of this club ????
I believe he's a dead-set killjoy.

TheRev

First Grade
Hope we can land Turuva.. but feel like we are once again going in as low as possible..... 400-450k as a winger, 600k fullback.. "As a winger" its 'just' enough to make him think about leaving Penrith, around 30-80k more after tax.. but then Newcastle probably look far more appealing.

The only way we get him is if he wants to get back to being a fullback, 600k isnt great fullback money.. but I spose if hes rly killing it, we would re-negotiate later... if Edwards gets an injury.. I suspect he will get the fullback jersey and want to stay put... so lets hope that fullback draw is enough.

We don't want to miss this guy after losing Lomax, we need some quality.

Crush

Coach
If it is about the "war chest $$$$" and adding $850 k to it to entice some marquis players then the war chest $$$$ could have also been equally enhanced by keeping Lomax and letting Hunt go (he asked often enough) and that would have been IMO a far more sensible outcome all-round.

However I suspect the sad reality is that Hunt had nowhere to go and was not easily marketable where Lomax is and as funds are needed he is deemed expendable.

Lomax could very well be nothing more than collateral damage due the Hunt extension.

The worst scenario is Lomax gone war chest topped up and no significant signing for 2025 and that would be seriously criminal.

I suspect Hunt staying at 7 ensures Kyle F a position at 6 for the duration and that was influential in the decision making.

Hunt to 9 or out the door meant that the halves needed a total overhaul and no guarantees for anyone so that was never going to be in the plan.
It looks to me that Lomax and Hunt don’t get on.
Lomax asked to leave, Flanno let him go, wouldn’t you know it now Ben wants to stay on.
It was a him or me thing I reckon and Hunt was more valuable.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Hope we can land Turuva.. but feel like we are once again going in as low as possible..... 400-450k as a winger, 600k fullback.. "As a winger" its 'just' enough to make him think about leaving Penrith, around 30-80k more after tax.. but then Newcastle probably look far more appealing.

The only way we get him is if he wants to get back to being a fullback, 600k isnt great fullback money.. but I spose if hes rly killing it, we would re-negotiate later... if Edwards gets an injury.. I suspect he will get the fullback jersey and want to stay put... so lets hope that fullback draw is enough.

We don't want to miss this guy after losing Lomax, we need some quality.
Penrith rumoured to have offered $350k, if we offer $450k, im sure Panthers will find an extra $50k, same as when they said to Luia we can only offer Xamount and then increased that after they learnt of the other offers, they found some extra cash but obviously not enough as it was a huge difference...

justadragon

Bench
Penrith rumoured to have offered $350k, if we offer $450k, im sure Panthers will find an extra $50k, same as when they said to Luia we can only offer Xamount and then increased that after they learnt of the other offers, they found some extra cash but obviously not enough as it was a huge difference...
Agree, but do you think maybe his manager might have said if you go to this amount the Panthers wont be able to match it, slimy critters those managers :)

Latest posts