The Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by John moz, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Overseas dragon

Overseas dragon Juniors

I heard a RUMOUR.theres a bunch of guys on this forum,they are very good at giving it to all and sundry.BUT give it back to them they go quietly into the night.YOU KNOW WHO YOU. ARE. And yes I do f**k up now and then and happy to admit when I'm wrong .

2. ouryear

ouryear Juniors

Wow.....have a drink

Crush likes this.
  3. Old Timer

Old Timer First Grade

I thought I was wrong once but in hindsight I wonder how I could have ever been so wrong about anything
    And for the record if you can get > 47% agreement rate in this place you get an autographed and framed Mc Fookknuckle " My Pathway to Success" certificate
    A great addition to your CV and highly reveered by BOD's

ALSGI and Overseas dragon like this.
  4. mobels

mobels Juniors

Roosters bought Mitch Cornish this year for their reserve grade and last year Broncos bought Darren Nicholls for reserve grade.

Every team buys reserve graders.

dragonssamy61 and ALSGI like this.
  5. ALSGI

ALSGI Juniors

Heard Bryden’s lawyers Toronto office are representing McCone and Marketo in a child support claim against Mary.

6. Overseas dragon

Overseas dragon Juniors

TO THE DRAG QUEEN ,regarding your mate MATT DUFTY .back in 2004 melbourne signed a scrawny kid by the name of BILLY SLATER .85 kilos and a jockey everybody said .HES TOO SMALL .they started him on the wing ,but soon made him a fullback .2004model is nowhere near as good as the current model it takes patience and a good coach to bring these young guns to their potential.MATT DUFTY has a lot to learn .BUT according to COOPER CRONK ,MATT is every bit as good as BILLY was back then .Don't take my word for it get a copy of DRAGONS v MANLY in Wollongong .CHANNEL 9 .just give the kid some time DRAG .you have nothing to lose .

jak and saintm like this.
  7. FlameThrower

FlameThrower Juniors

Bring back a Fullback like Karmichael Hunt.., never forget his kick returns - huge heart and raw guts ..
    Plenty fullbacks have been on the smaller side, Preston, Bowen , Slayter - Duffty just needs a few more kilos and back himself with fearless kick returns and use his speed and agility..

saintm and dragonssamy61 like this.
  8. dragonssamy61

dragonssamy61 Bench

Also flame thower
    Agree with you but the coach has instructed him to pass it to the wingers to hit it up.
    If he was coached correctly no doubt he would become a good nrl player.

9. Souths Till I Die

Souths Till I Die Bench

I thought this was the case. I kind of understand the logic of conserving energy but it definitely sets you back in terms of metres gained. I'd say by passing the ball off a kick return you lose 5-10 potential metres depending on the acceleration of the player. Odd strategy that's for sure.

dragonssamy61 likes this.
  10. Dr Fruitbasket Returns

Dr Fruitbasket Returns Juniors

Not as many as we do homes.

11. Too old too slow

Too old too slow Juniors

If the Roosters want Cronk so bad.. and they are supposedly prepared to move Pearce on.

Maybe it's time to raid the chookpen .. if only we had a wiley old fox in charge instead of the Wile E Coyote we have.

Salary cap.. even the playing field .. yeah right.. get Tedesco, Cronk.. let go Evans, Watson, Guerra ..

'The rich get richer the poor get the picture'

12. Old Timer

Old Timer First Grade

Pearce needs to be moved on regardless of Cronk or no Cronk.
    The chooks have obviously come to the realisation Pearce doesn't cut the mustard when it counts and therefore they understand they will not win again with him still there.
    If only NSW selectors eyes were open that wide.

13. Frank Facer

Frank Facer Juniors

Easts have won a comp with Pearce at halfback.

MrDragon007 likes this.
  14. Life's Good

Life's Good First Grade

The Roosters did have SBW, Maloney & Mini in that side, not too mention a very dynamic RTS. Pearce did his bit but the Roosters don’t win a comp without the others-case in point look at them since with Pearce as HB(granted better than most teams results since winning but definitely missed a couple of opportunities)?

dragonssamy61 and Old Timer like this.
  15. Old Timer

Old Timer First Grade

That's why I said "they will not win again with him still there".
    It's about their future not their past and no doubt they probably feel if they had of had a Cronk or JT they may very well have won again, as they know they have had very strong squads.

16. Frank Facer

Frank Facer Juniors

I agree with your post. Cronk would certainly be an upgrade on Pearce.

I still think that Easts are a great chance to win next year's comp with Pearce there and the bookies agree with me too. Easts are the current favourites to win next years comp. With the addition of Tedesco next year and Mitchell and Manu a year older. I think Easts are looking pretty good again. If they got Cronk, then they would be looking standouts. It looks either Easts or Melbourne again next year. Nth Qld will have Thurston and Scott back next year, they will both be a year older though, but they look to be 3rd pick. I expect the winner to come from one of the above 3.

Crush likes this.
  17. Old Timer

Old Timer First Grade

For mine Pearce is far too limited in ability and holds that team back.
    If not For Keary they would have been pretty pedestrian however with a really good half they would have been a far more formidable challenge in 2017.
    Melbourne maybe losing a few but I fully expect them to go back to back as their depth is already fantastic and they have the ability to lure those players with the greatest untapped and unrecognised potential.
    Munster will be unstoppable in 2018.

hazzbeen and dragonssamy61 like this.
  18. BrissyRedV

BrissyRedV Bench

19. Crush

Crush Juniors

What I wouldn't give for us to sign a couple of top tiered outside backs like James Roberts and Rapana.

20. BrissyRedV

BrissyRedV Bench

A high quality outside back would be outstanding. The only thing I fear would that they would be wasted with Mary's coaching and game plans. What I wouldn't give for a coach of the calibre of Green, Bellamy or Bennett.