What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Penrith rumoured to have offered $350k, if we offer $450k, im sure Panthers will find an extra $50k, same as when they said to Luia we can only offer Xamount and then increased that after they learnt of the other offers, they found some extra cash but obviously not enough as it was a huge difference...
Now that Manu is leaving for Japanese Rugby, Turuva will end up at the Roosters. You know it makes sense.

justadragon

Bench
Wasn’t V’Landys talking some rubbish about possibly making rugby players exempt from the cap in the future?? If that comes through then hello Mr Politis scores himself Joey for zero $$$ on the cap.
I think there was some more thought put into that announcement. Basically to aviod such a thing with Manu, otherwise the Warriors could have got back RTS for nicks, which they didnt. If a player comes back into the system it will be on previous worth. otherwise we would have all clubs rotating players through the union ranks.

redv13

Bench
I think there was some more thought put into that announcement. Basically to aviod such a thing with Manu, otherwise the Warriors could have got back RTS for nicks, which they didnt. If a player comes back into the system it will be on previous worth. otherwise we would have all clubs rotating players through the union ranks.
Hopefully common sense prevails. Cheers justa

Dragon David

First Grade
Makes a whole lot of sense to me justa. The statement by V'Landys about league players coming back after spending say a year playing union and not affecting the salary cap of whichever club that he goes to was a "rort" idea on behalf of a club which has multi sombreros littering the chairperson's office.

Bloody hell, if this actually happens, the union might have to create more clubs to accommodate the league players and to be known as the "transit clubs" for league players who will return to league.

What a dick pulling joke of an idea that was.

Wasn’t V’Landys talking some rubbish about possibly making rugby players exempt from the cap in the future?? If that comes through then hello Mr Politis scores himself Joey for zero $$$ on the cap.
That would be terrible. That would mean Easts could field a side worth twice as much as the salary cap. I'm just glad this isn't already the status quo.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I am pretty sure that rule also states that they have to be in Union for a fair bit of time nit just 1 year in Jap rugby which consist of 8 games a season. Joey will miss 1 full season at best and be back at the Chooks. He is probably getting the money to top up his salary and come back to the Chooks when Teddy is gone and he is their fullback.

What happened to the union centre Saints were linked to? The Saints should get that rule applied to him for sure seeing that he is not from any NRL club and Saints will be his 1st club if he leaves union.

I find it so weird that they are losing Tuopo, Suallii and Manu and not going after Lomax. I thought he would be a shoe in at the Chooks. There was also talks about him a year or 2 ago linking him to the chooks. Something has turned them off Lomax or they have a plan be lined up with a top notch centre coming across. They wer elinked with Jorgensen at 1 stage.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I heard that Scott Fulton to Saints for the head of recruitment role is not going ahead. It was shot down apparently by the Saints board. Thank god. I think the guy is a nob. With Scott they would have probably ended up with Schuster on 800k. Good to see that Saints are looking for someone for recruitment though. The perfect man for that to me is Nathan Brown but that won't happen. He has a good eye for talent and built the Knights and Warriors teams.

I thought Millard had that role in charge of recruitment. The guy that came from the Dogs last year. Or is he just looking after pathways?

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Geez I hope Saints land Tauruva. That would soften the blow for losing Lomax big time. A terrific player who can play fullback and play that position well. He was killing it in the juniors in that spot and if not for the ever reliable and dynamic Dylan Edwards he would be the Panthers fullback.

What would be even better is if Saints can land Turuva and Kotoni Staggs. That would definitely be a massive boost to the backline as I hear Kotoni Staggs could be available to keep Cobbo, Reece Walsh and Ezra Mam.

Dragon David

First Grade
Geez I hope Saints land Tauruva. That would soften the blow for losing Lomax big time. A terrific player who can play fullback and play that position well. He was killing it in the juniors in that spot and if not for the ever reliable and dynamic Dylan Edwards he would be the Panthers fullback.

What would be even better is if Saints can land Turuva and Kotoni Staggs. That would definitely be a massive boost to the backline as I hear Kotoni Staggs could be available to keep Cobbo, Reece Walsh and Ezra Mam.
Well anything can happen and will but who we end up with is the $500k to $1m a year question? Letting Lomax go, they must have someone or a couple of guys in mind and are certain of getting him/them.

Dribble&Yarn

Juniors
I am pretty sure that rule also states that they have to be in Union for a fair bit of time nit just 1 year in Jap rugby which consist of 8 games a season. Joey will miss 1 full season at best and be back at the Chooks. He is probably getting the money to top up his salary and come back to the Chooks when Teddy is gone and he is their fullback.

What happened to the union centre Saints were linked to? The Saints should get that rule applied to him for sure seeing that he is not from any NRL club and Saints will be his 1st club if he leaves union.

I find it so weird that they are losing Tuopo, Suallii and Manu and not going after Lomax. I thought he would be a shoe in at the Chooks. There was also talks about him a year or 2 ago linking him to the chooks. Something has turned them off Lomax or they have a plan be lined up with a top notch centre coming across. They wer elinked with Jorgensen at 1 stage.
just on the chooks - I think you'll find Tupou will play on 1 more year, with a bloke coming from union next yr to play on the wing/centre as well. They'll be sweet

Dribble&Yarn

Juniors

If it's a choice between Staggs and Cobbo, I'm picking Cobbo everyday of the week.

TheRev

First Grade
I heard that Scott Fulton to Saints for the head of recruitment role is not going ahead. It was shot down apparently by the Saints board.
I thought Flanno had control of doing things his way? If he feels like he needs some extra punch in the recruitment market.. im not too stoked the board are getting in the way of that.. I am nervous about inviting any of the snakes into our house.. but we need some seriously help in the player market.

TheRev

First Grade

We need some kills.. Turuva isnt a marquee, but hes a proper upgrade.. and if he goes off at fullback like he supposedly did in penrith juniors.. honestly the biggest thing our side has been missing for many years is an animal at fullback... everything becomes easier with a gun at the back.

The only way we pull Cobbo or I think Turuva, is with the lure of the fullback jersey.. I dont think 50-100k gets anyone to our club in a like for like position... which is why I think we can only get '1' of them.

I also thought we were chasing Jordan Petaia for that fullback jersey.. so basically I think we only get 1 crack at a quality fullback capable player.. Petaia might be a bit different because he could probably take one of the centre spots and pulling someone out of rugby is very different to trying to take from a rival NRL squad.

We need some kills.. Turuva isnt a marquee, but hes a proper upgrade.. and if he goes off at fullback like he supposedly did in penrith juniors.. honestly the biggest thing our side has been missing for many years is an animal at fullback... everything becomes easier with a gun at the back.

The only we pull Cobbo or I think Turuva, is with thelure of the fullback jersey.. I dont think 50-100k gets anyone to our club in a like for like position... which is why I think we can only get '1' of them.

I also thought we were chasing Jordan Petaia for that fullback jersey.. so basically I think we only get 1 crack at a quality fullback capable player.. Petaia might be a bit different because he could probably take one of the centre spots and pulling someone out of rugby is very different to trying to take from a rival NRL squad.
If Sloan can do the basics, he'll be a better fullback than any of those.

Latest posts