What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

TheRev

First Grade
o Its almost impossible for a young halfback to succeed in their 1st go in the NRL.. even their 2nd.. all these guys this forum has on the scrapheap.. we can definitely salvage one.. I just dont know which one.. I always thought we would end up with some scraps from the dogs spending spree.. I would hope that we dont pay full freight however.. but at this point I dont even care anymore.. we must be 1 from 40 in our attempts to land players.. Leilua the only bloke we managed to beat out 1 other side.

o But at this point Hunt is our 7.. so.. if we are talking about 2026 or even 2027.. I mean thats still a long way away.. but its not long enough for our junior options.. not to takle over as primary playmaker.

o The alternative is a more dynamic running 6 to partner Hunt.. they are easier to find.. there are probably 6 in our club alone.. but not sure Marshke or Ralph are gonna be invested in.. and behind them they are all young.. I think if we have learnt anything from the Amone vs KFlan experience.. its that its really helpful if said 6 can make his tackles... Amones defence caused so many headaches for us... we can probably afford a few missed tackles if said 6 was tearing opposition teams apart however.. but they'd have to be very good... King-Togia I feel is the standout at this point.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
This Penrith team that has made for GF's and won 3 comps did not have to go and poach from other teams. Lets hope Saints have the same success in the near future based on young kids coming through. Winning SG Ball is a great start. And quite convincingly I might add. I would be more pi$$ed about losing one of those than missing out on a player who needs to be forced to join due to big $$.

qld redvee

Juniors
o Its almost impossible for a young halfback to succeed in their 1st go in the NRL.. even their 2nd.. all these guys this forum has on the scrapheap.. we can definitely salvage one.. I just dont know which one.. I always thought we would end up with some scraps from the dogs spending spree.. I would hope that we dont pay full freight however.. but at this point I dont even care anymore.. we must be 1 from 40 in our attempts to land players.. Leilua the only bloke we managed to beat out 1 other side.

o But at this point Hunt is our 7.. so.. if we are talking about 2026 or even 2027.. I mean thats still a long way away.. but its not long enough for our junior options.. not to takle over as primary playmaker.

o The alternative is a more dynamic running 6 to partner Hunt.. they are easier to find.. there are probably 6 in our club alone.. but not sure Marshke or Ralph are gonna be invested in.. and behind them they are all young.. I think if we have learnt anything from the Amone vs KFlan experience.. its that its really helpful if said 6 can make his tackles... Amones defence caused so many headaches for us... we can probably afford a few missed tackles if said 6 was tearing opposition teams apart however.. but they'd have to be very good... King-Togia I feel is the standout at this point.
Rev,
Problem is coach needs to explain to little Benny that he doesn't need to call every play get his hands on the ball every play and kick the most ineffective 5th tackle every 5th tackle. Until a game plan does this it doesn't matter who plays at 6 they won't achieve anything

KingFlanno7

Juniors
But the other knob jockey doesnt get a mention? I see him walk towards kent at the start of the video to escalate it once those other flogs started recording. He was obviously wasted no excuses there, but security done shit all, the bar kept filling him up with grog, he was provoked and fell for the bait. That other flog offering a drunk old man to a fight is an embarrasment, and couldnt fight to save his life by the looks of him absolutely bottling it once kent was in his face. Some absolute clean skins in this forum by the sounds of it

But the other knob jockey doesnt get a mention? I see him walk towards kent at the start of the video to escalate it once those other flogs started recording. He was obviously wasted no excuses there, but security done shit all, the bar kept filling him up with grog, he was provoked and fell for the bait. That other flog offering a drunk old man to a fight is an embarrasment, and couldnt fight to save his life by the looks of him absolutely bottling it once kent was in his face. Some absolute clean skins in this forum by the sounds of it

Police have charged the other bloke.
(Not Kent as yet)

Dragon David

First Grade
So now that Luke Keary will be retiring at the end of this year, the Roosters will be going hard for a replacement to fill his shoes. He has given his club plenty of notice so that can start their scouting now to get the best half or 5/8th to replace him.

I wonder if Luke Metcalfe might say that he is homesick and wants to return home to be closer to family and try for a release from the Warriors so that he can join the Roosters? Maybe we can offer them Hunt?

Parko1310

Juniors
So now that Luke Keary will be retiring at the end of this year, the Roosters will be going hard for a replacement to fill his shoes. He has given his club plenty of notice so that can start their scouting now to get the best half or 5/8th to replace him.

I wonder if Luke Metcalfe might say that he is homesick and wants to return home to be closer to family and try for a release from the Warriors so that he can join the Roosters? Maybe we can offer them Hunt?

Halves are pretty hard to come by at the moment. They might just simply promote Sandon Smith who has done extremely well every time he's come in. Keary is hopeless, probably should've retired a couple years ago. Sandon and Walker have been a great pairing every time they've played together so that's probably the way they'll go, and they'll spend the extra money elsewhere. If they do end up signing a half, then the Dragons should be on the phone to Sandon Smith's management immediately as he would've been pretty hard done by if he's not promoted

Dragon David

First Grade
Halves are pretty hard to come by at the moment. They might just simply promote Sandon Smith who has done extremely well every time he's come in. Keary is hopeless, probably should've retired a couple years ago. Sandon and Walker have been a great pairing every time they've played together so that's probably the way they'll go, and they'll spend the extra money elsewhere. If they do end up signing a half, then the Dragons should be on the phone to Sandon Smith's management immediately as he would've been pretty hard done by if he's not promoted
Agreed -

Parko1310

Juniors
Still waiting for our bunch to make just one even somewhat exciting signing for next season.. after a loss like the one last round is usually when they like to push something out to try to pretend everything's sunshine and rainbows, the fact that nothing has come out means they've got nothing close to lined up

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Sandon Smith will be a great replacement for Keary. He has been very impressive. I would not be suprised if they go to someone like Lachlan Lam over in the UK. He was part of their junior system and killed it in the ESL last year. Not sure how he is going this year. Roosters will have a plan B as they always do. A smart club.