What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

TheRev

First Grade
I heard recently that Cody Ramsey and Allan at the same time were moved out of the top30. I new that for Allan but was not aware for Ramsey?

So that means we still have one spot available before June30 to fill as we only have 29players?

Do I have that right?

Spots Available: 1?

• Alec Tuitavake
  • Ben Hunt
  • Ben Murdoch-Masila
  • Blake Lawrie
  • Christian Tuipolotu*
  • Dan Russell
  • Fa'amanu Brown*
  • Francis Molo
  • Hame Sele*
  • Jack de Belin
  • Jack Bird
  • Jacob Liddle
  • Jaydn Su'A
  • Jesse Marschke*
  • Kyle Flanagan*
  • Luciano Leilua*
  • Mat Feagai
  • Max Feagai
  • Michael Molo
  • Mikaele Ravalawa
  • Moses Suli
  • Raymond Faitala-Mariner*
  • Ryan Couchman
  • Sione Finau
  • Toby Couchman
  • Tom Eisenhuth*
  • Tyrell Sloan
  • Viliami Fifita
  • Zac Lomax
Supplementary players: Connor Muhleisen, Corey Ackers, Dylan Egan, Hamish Stewart, Jackson Shereb, Josh Coric
ur missing Tamale, we are on 30 currently (but we could easily shed a feagai or russell etc if someone came up)

kit66

Bench
I don’t think we are playing nearly at our capacity as yet….. even though we have been regenerating our list with the new 8 players for 2024 season already playing FG for us and we are 5/10 games so far.

I suspect we are still after a couple players for 2024 season let alone 2025……and the below players could be released at anytime as long as we have an incoming to make up the 30 required on the list (as long as before June 30).

fafita
Tuitavake
BMM
Fegai
Fegai
Russell

Development is happening:

we are starting both Couchmans as props this week in NSW Cup ahead of a couple older players like BMM, Tuitavake, Fafita etc.

That is two boys 20yrs of age, 188cms ish. 100kg. That is intense development for light lean young props which the Couchmans are still. Both have started most of the season in their respective positions. Egan, Tamale, Sione also getting stacks of NSW cup starting time in 2024 hich is great development for young guys.

8. Toby Couchman

10. Ryan Couchman

Exactly. I think people might look at our Reserve grade's record so far - 4 wins, 6 losses and a negative f/a and assume the whole team is fairly average but the truth is that 1-7 & 9 are mostly below average but our forwards are really quite good and getting better. The Couchman boys as you mention are still young but both are coming on in leaps and bounds, both average around 97% tackle efficiency and both are averaging big metres - Ryan 129 and Toby 153 (closer to 165 if you take out the game where he was injured after 2 minutes) and they've produced 25 Off Loads between them from just 8 games for Ryan and 9 for Toby - a huge improvement from last year. We've also got Tuitavake, Egan (top tackler in KOE Cup) and Villiami all coming on well. I'd like to keep JDB on firstly because he's not done yet and secondly as a mentor when the young guys come into firsts.
Tamale by the way is also picking up his game - topping the KOE Cup for tackle breaks by some margin and 2nd for line breaks but still needs to work on his defence.

Harry Bath

Juniors
Yes Bennett has form leaving his clubs in a worse position, in fact in Dragons situation in 2011 he basically stopped coaching the team whilst he negotiated with Knights, Dragons at half way mark of the season had bookies paying out on Dragons for Minor Premiership, from that point they barley limped into 7th position and out straight away in finals

SOS

Juniors
Exactly. I think people might look at our Reserve grade's record so far - 4 wins, 6 losses and a negative f/a and assume the whole team is fairly average but the truth is that 1-7 & 9 are mostly below average but our forwards are really quite good and getting better. The Couchman boys as you mention are still young but both are coming on in leaps and bounds, both average around 97% tackle efficiency and both are averaging big metres - Ryan 129 and Toby 153 (closer to 165 if you take out the game where he was injured after 2 minutes) and they've produced 25 Off Loads between them from just 8 games for Ryan and 9 for Toby - a huge improvement from last year. We've also got Tuitavake, Egan (top tackler in KOE Cup) and Villiami all coming on well. I'd like to keep JDB on firstly because he's not done yet and secondly as a mentor when the young guys come into firsts.
Tamale by the way is also picking up his game - topping the KOE Cup for tackle breaks by some margin and 2nd for line breaks but still needs to work on his defence.
JDB mentors the young guys to party and do the wrong things… the only positive to him is how good he is on the field otherwise there’s nothing else going for him.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Yes Bennett has form leaving his clubs in a worse position, in fact in Dragons situation in 2011 he basically stopped coaching the team whilst he negotiated with Knights, Dragons at half way mark of the season had bookies paying out on Dragons for Minor Premiership, from that point they barley limped into 7th position and out straight away in finals
Losing seven players to Origin that year didn’t help.

Dragsters

First Grade
JDB mentors the young guys to party and do the wrong things… the only positive to him is how good he is on the field otherwise there’s nothing else going for him.
Correct. He is a rugby league player, and a damn good one. That is the priority...

My theory.
Fifita signs a dodgy deal with Roosters.
Sees Ponga get investigated for his.
Roosters and/or Fifita start thinking this will spurn further investigations.
Fifita suddenly decides “he wants to be a Titan”

Not buying it for one second.