What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Three-peat

Iamback

Coach
If Souths get some confidence and throw the ball around I think they can hurt us, but for whatever reason JD seems to get them playing pretty conservative when they come up against us. Cows the same, their second-phase play could be a threat if they get on a roll.

In saying all that, if we're on our game we beat anyone. But a lot can change in the next couple of months.

I can't remember us not turning up in big games. Especially Moses going to beast mode.

I think we turn up, Who can go with us for 80 is the questiom

maple_69

Bench
Ours to lose at this stage for sure. Parra can go with us for 80, they're the only one. They have the side, the experience and will definitely have the motivation and while they have a rough run in, they do get the week off right before the finals so may have the legs still.

Souths can't go with us but they have the capability to beat us even when they're well beaten. Given where their defence is at they'll need a big turnaround to be within 2 tries of us with 5 to go...

Brisbane troubled us even when they were hot trash. Experience on this stage across the squad is not in their favour but they do have a good smattering of guys with big game experience.

Cows agree they have such a hard road, Warriors don't have the experience across the park come finals, Storm short of a Pap miracle are a just a few guys short of competing at the moment. Raiders, Sharks and whoever else stumbles into the finals are just a few tiers below even an average game from us.

We are due some bad luck though to be fair. Lose a guy or cop some bad injuries in the next few months and I can see Souths/Brisbane/Parra giving us trouble. Plenty of water to go under the bridge yet.

Sime_11

Juniors
if we can get through to the GF -

if we can better the 1st half performance of 2022 GF - no one goes with us -

no one was beating us after that first half of 2022 GF - thats the standard we want to be and better

CCJohnC

Juniors
Ours to lose at this stage for sure. Parra can go with us for 80, they're the only one. They have the side, the experience and will definitely have the motivation and while they have a rough run in, they do get the week off right before the finals so may have the legs still.

Souths can't go with us but they have the capability to beat us even when they're well beaten. Given where their defence is at they'll need a big turnaround to be within 2 tries of us with 5 to go...

Brisbane troubled us even when they were hot trash. Experience on this stage across the squad is not in their favour but they do have a good smattering of guys with big game experience.

Cows agree they have such a hard road, Warriors don't have the experience across the park come finals, Storm short of a Pap miracle are a just a few guys short of competing at the moment. Raiders, Sharks and whoever else stumbles into the finals are just a few tiers below even an average game from us.

We are due some bad luck though to be fair. Lose a guy or cop some bad injuries in the next few months and I can see Souths/Brisbane/Parra giving us trouble. Plenty of water to go under the bridge yet.
Spencer Leniu out for four weeks hopefully only casualty.

maple_69

Bench
Bookies now have us at $2.50 as an aside. They consider us more of a sure thing to win the premiership than Manly, the 11th placed team, are of beating St George, the 15th placed team in one game.

How short did our odds get last year? I don’t remember them going this short.

hindy111

Post Whore
A fully fit Parra Eels would be your biggest challenge. But with Lane,Rcg, Titty hands, Sivo,Grieg all out they won't make finals.
I dare say if they do somehow get there other sides won't want to face them.

Raiders,Sharks,Cowboys,Warriors for me are making up numbers. Perhaps Warriors could do something.
Storm maybe but they don't seem the same side anymore.
Souths I think will win out and I'd fear them mostly. Lot of big names players with finals experience. Brisbane are the other who may push.
So yeah right now I'd say Souths and Brisbane. I'd be suprised if the winner come from any of the others.

Munky

Coach
They are extremely dangerous all around the park and are also a relatively young and energetic side. They feel a little like the 2020 Panthers, though I am hoping they turn out a little more like the 2018 crew.

I said in the round one thread that the Broncos have a great team on paper bar hooker.

Very good pack and back line.

Reynolds could be worked over in the finals though.

sportsnut

Juniors
People saying Parra. They still have to make finals with a hard run home. And if they do they will have to come from a long way back.