What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The trouble with St. George Illawarra

Crush

Coach
Never seen it...no comment.
You've never seen Zoolander?
Dude, give me a break, one of the greatest comedy movies ever! Pull your head in and watch Zoolander!
Don't post until you have seen it, you're an embarrassment to this forum.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
You've never seen Zoolander?
Dude, give me a break, one of the greatest comedy movies ever! Pull your head in and watch Zoolander!
Don't post until you have seen it, you're an embarrassment to this forum.

It gets worse. I haven’t seen The Blues’ Brothers either.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Just an excerpt from your wonderful post, but since when does colloquial reference become mathematical fact?

It's 90s, not 90's... sorry for being anal about the use of the English language but it kind of goes with the academic territory that you have ventured into.

I totally agree that 10 years can happen over any period, you are spot on there and that's not what I'm arguing. But let's not get that mixed up with the sequential order of the calendar, which is the accepted measure.

You are actually agreeing with me with your baby born analogy when you say, "a baby isn’t automatically 1 when it is born..."

The St George NSWRL first grade team were born in the season of 1921.

1921 was season No. 1
1922 was season No. 2
1923 was season No. 3
1924 was season No. 4
1925 was season No. 5
1926 was season No. 6
1927 was season No. 7
1928 was season No. 8
1929 was season No. 9
and 'lo and behold...
1930 was season No. 10

Our first season in the Big League actually works in well with the year dot. If our first season was in 1 AD, our first decade would conclude at the end of season 10 AD.

Yes... it is footy related.
Correct. A decade is 10 years. We agree on this.

But... A decade can be any 10 years. This is the crux of the argument.

So if the Dragons first season was 1920, instead of 21, the 10 years would have been reached at 1929. (So, just like that magical decade called the roaring 20’s..)

And the first decade for the joint venture came about in 2008..

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
But it didn't.

Have a dim sim.
But a worldwide numerical system isn’t redundant based on the year the dragons entered the comp..

Plus, I have zero dim sims right now

Last edited:

RedVDragon

Juniors
His name is Paul Mary McGregor. When is he going to get the sack even if we find a way to win. Get rid of this useless coach

Old Timer

Coach
Interestingly it’s possible for people to make those allowances yet come to a different conclusion. Indeed the assumption that others haven’t done so borders on the, dare I say, hubristic?
Also - hubris is still fun. Though I don’t think it’s mocking the gods to say we have a better chance of beating the eels, dogs or knights than the tigers have of beating the bunnies.
As I said hubris

RedVDragon

Juniors
This is worse than last year. So whats MgChokers excuse now. He has a representative half to partner a tough nut prop. MgChoker coaches them to Choke. Bennett was right in sacking him. Now sack yourself idiot

SBD82

Coach
I do not mean to be rude mate but they disgraced your jersey tonight...
I do not mean to be rude mate, but you're less useful than the link that I left in the toilet this morning.

You also lack its charm, wit, and inoffensive odour.

f**k off you little merkin.

Latest posts