What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The wait is finally over

Look at this my fair minded rugby league computer game fans!!!

The question on everyone's lips is who will win this years NRL Telstra Premiership. Right? Wrong! The question on everyone's lips is how you control your teams destiny
in the quest for League's ultimate prize, NRL supremacy.
Features
pic1.gif
Arcade & Simulation Modes
Arcade mode provides a simplified, faster game for instant gratification. Simulation mode provides a more detailed simulation of rugby league with player injurues, fatigue and penalties. Multiple Camera Angles
Primary view provides an overhead view of the field, letting you spot gaps and overlaps in the defensive line. The camera zooms in when a try is about to be scored.
pic2.gif
Play a Full Season
Compete through a full NRL season, guiding your team to the Grand Final. Realistic Player Collisions
Bigger players hit harder and take more punishment, but tire faster. Take advantage of a defensive mismatch. NRL Team Stadiums featured with home ground advantages
All of the NRL stadiums accurately represented in the game. In simulation mode, your players will have a small but useful home ground advantage.
pic3.gif
Simple coaching options
Substitute players, set the aggression of your team, swap reserves into the side before each match. Believable ball physics
The ball bounces in an authentic way. In simulation mode, wind direction affects the distance of long range kicks. Edit and change your favourite team line ups.
pic4.gif

A simple editor allows you to view and adjust the abilities and attributes of the players in your team. Player Injuries & Fatigue
Use your bench to bring fresh legs into the game or replace an injured player. Multiplayer Play
The game supports network play (LAN and Internet), or two players can play together on the same computer.
pic6.gif
pic5.gif
Two Player Tackles
Up to two players in every tackle. Choose between a safe tackle or a big hit. Minimum System Requirements.
Pentium II Processor (low end)
4Mb 3D Video Card
32Mb Ram
Windows 95
4x CDROM Recommended Specs:
Pentium II Processor 300Mhz or better
8mb+ 3D Video Card
64Mb Ram,
Windows 95/98/98SE/2000/XP
16Mb Free Hard Drive Space
CDROM
Sound Card
Direct X 8 Disclaimer:
Please note that game features, graphics, and system requirements may change at any time without notice Thanks to: www.hesinteractive.com WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Moffo.

imported_bronco

Juniors
It looks and sounds bloody good for an early version. I also like that the fact your not going to have to have a fast powerful computer to play this game. I computer stats are about middle of the line and easily meet those min requirements so I'm happy.

Most of the game options have already been mentioned in this thread. Its also good to see it will have lan/internet capabilities. I'm sure more features will be added if later versions of the game are released.

Looks good to me!!!

Yeh Bronco, i agree. I hope the game goes over more than one sesaon though, so that player transfers can take place.

The fact that it needs only 16mb is a bit of a concern, hopefully that is just the basic/demoversion or something.

Im just waiting for them to stick grounds in the background. It looks a little weird, with it looking like they are playing on some back paddock at 2am in the early shots hehehe

Moffo.

imported_bronco

Juniors
That 16 MB has me a bit concerned as well. There no way with those kind of graphics and options that the full version game will take up just 16mb. For a good game you'd expect around 200mb at least I'd say.

I was thinking the same thing about the black backrounds moffo. I want to be able to see the packed out venue in the background. It also makes no mention of whether we can play State of Origin and International footy, it would be a dissapointment if your unable to.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
"The game supports network play (LAN and Internet), or two players can play together on the same computer."

Excellent!

Man I can remember that Super League game, I used to have it, I got it a few Christmas' ago but took it back to the shop 'coz it was sooooooooo annoying. I got bored of it after a while.

I currently have a copied pirate version of International Rugby League (UK version of ARL 96 I think) and the Championship Rugby Manager game, Super League clubs, made by Midas, it sucks quite a bit though but I still sometimes use it when I'm bored or there's no one to play footy with.

lol.

rj.