What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ticketek & Brooky Oval

Peet

Juniors
On Saturday 14 July, I arrived late to the Manly vs Melbourne game at Brookvale Oval. I got there at half time & was told in no uncertain terms that I could not get in - why? Because at half-time the box-offices had closed already! I was at the turnstiles with cash in my had & was refused entry! I was then told to "get on-line" for a ticket! I couldn't believe it. When I was a teen, the gates were open at half-time, but now a paying customer can't enter - stupid! At the same time, a lady & a young girl were also refused entry even thought the lady's husband & other child had already entered some minutes earlier & were standing at the other side of the turnstiles. The locked-out little girl started balling her eyes out as a security guard stood at a push-through gate (for wheelchairs, etc) refusing to open it. After I blew my top about the upset child, one security guard relented and let the woman & child go in. Was I at the footy, or the old Berlin Wall?

yakstorm

First Grade
Just FYI, Brookvale Oval hasn't been a Ticketek venue for almost a decade now. Your frustration to not being able to easily get a ticket in this case really should be directed towards Ticketmaster.

Last Week

Bench
On Saturday 14 July, I arrived late to the Manly vs Melbourne game at Brookvale Oval. I got there at half time & was told in no uncertain terms that I could not get in - why? Because at half-time the box-offices had closed already! I was at the turnstiles with cash in my had & was refused entry! I was then told to "get on-line" for a ticket! I couldn't believe it. When I was a teen, the gates were open at half-time, but now a paying customer can't enter - stupid! At the same time, a lady & a young girl were also refused entry even thought the lady's husband & other child had already entered some minutes earlier & were standing at the other side of the turnstiles. The locked-out little girl started balling her eyes out as a security guard stood at a push-through gate (for wheelchairs, etc) refusing to open it. After I blew my top about the upset child, one security guard relented and let the woman & child go in. Was I at the footy, or the old Berlin Wall?

You're in Berlin. Also you're about 100 years in the past.

Springs09

Juniors
And then the security guard shot the poor little old lady trying to cross the street to get to the footy, while the cancer-stricken teenage boy whose last wish it was to watch the second half of Manly v Melbourne was also refused entry.

Peet

Juniors
Just FYI, Brookvale Oval hasn't been a Ticketek venue for almost a decade now. Your frustration to not being able to easily get a ticket in this case really should be directed towards Ticketmaster.
Ticketick - ticketmaster - whatever. I got the wording wrong (sorry Tiketek) - but you must agree, a stupid situation.

ReddFelon

Juniors
Cool story, could use some more teeth, wait no benefits, hang on I mean a job. I meant you, not the story.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Usually they do close the box office a certain amount of time after kickoff. It's a waste of time and resources having someone there staring out an empty window.

They didn't "refuse paying customers" either, you were told you could easily buy tickets on your phone (judging by the fact you'd already been to a game that day, I'd suggest you know how that happens).

Why didn't you just do that instead of abusing people for doing the jobs they're paid to?

JamesRustle

First Grade
Was I at the footy, or the old Berlin Wall?
If you were in Manly, I'd say you were close to being at the footy. If you were in Berlin, I'd say the Berlin wall.

Are you a commie bastard? If yes then you'd be used to being kept on the outside.

Peet

Juniors
Usually they do close the box office a certain amount of time after kickoff. It's a waste of time and resources having someone there staring out an empty window.

They didn't "refuse paying customers" either, you were told you could easily buy tickets on your phone (judging by the fact you'd already been to a game that day, I'd suggest you know how that happens).

Why didn't you just do that instead of abusing people for doing the jobs they're paid to?
Started the day at NSO - payed cash!
Went to ANZ - payed cash for ticket
Not everyone has a internet-connected phone.
I abused them for upsetting a kid (considered 'funny' by some here)
I repeat, years ago, the gates were open at half-time.

Spade

Juniors

Surely they can afford 1 booth to stay open lol