What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers Movements

If TT does not come through.

I would be happy with.

Mckinnon Tuqiri and Brown

McKinnon Tuqiri and Latu

or even

Brown Tuqiri and Latu.

I just don't think Beau Ryan adds anything at all to our team anymore.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
he doesn't, and albeit for 2 months when he filled at fullback and played awesomely, he never has.

He shant ever be forgiven for that kick ahead in the dying seconds against the Dragons

Ice-Tiger

Juniors
Rumour I heard is that we are chasing Matt Utai to replace Tuiaki if he does in fact retire.

I think its a done deal.

Utai showed up at Oztag with Wests Tigers gear on.

Mate asked him at game yesterday, he said he will sign with Tigers, possibly today.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
handy depth signing for the backs. If he gets his fitness and form back, could prove to be quite a handful

ShanghaiCharlie

Juniors
he doesn't, and albeit for 2 months when he filled at fullback and played awesomely, he never has.

He shant ever be forgiven for that kick ahead in the dying seconds against the Dragons

You don't think Benji or Robbie wouldn't have kicked? You think under that kind of pressure at full pace they would have made a match-winning kick?

Do you think Parra fans will never forgive Luke Burt and Raiders never forgive Croker?

Beau if a whole-hearted player.
You are a parasite.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
You don't think Benji or Robbie wouldn't have kicked? You think under that kind of pressure at full pace they would have made a match-winning kick?

Do you think Parra fans will never forgive Luke Burt and Raiders never forgive Croker?

You are a parasite.

Beau Ryan is rubbish.

He is a back-up option at best.

N.C.

Juniors

You are a parasite.

Beau is a winger. It's not his job to do what Robbie or Benji might have done... He should have taken the tackle and given us a chance to win it on the next play.

Sure, you have to forgive him and move on - that's footy. But you can't argue with anyone for saying he's a bit of a liability sometimes. He'd really look much better in Magpies colours anyway.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Can anyone remember what Utai is like under the high ball? He's a short fella & we are already dodgy when a kick goes up for the wingers.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member

You are a parasite.
Benji and Robbie kick all the time in games. IF they were in that position and kicked, it would have been much better.

But given the field position, he should have tacken the tackle, quick play the ball, we would have scored, or at least kicked a field goal to keep ourselves in the game, given all their defence was a long way back.

Beau can be as much of a whole hearted player as he wants, doesn't mean he's any f**king good.

Angelo Alavanja was a whole hearted player too, I suppose he should have been in contention for the 1990 Golden Boot award.

Muppet.

alien

Referee
i didnt think we would need utai when we have brown, daniela, latu, ryan as back up for tuiaki.

a little birdy told me mataka's visa was rejected and is signing with wests magpies nsw cup side

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
so 2012 squad so far (this is not official first grade squad, this is a list of Tigers players who played first grade in 2011 who are still with the club next year, with new signings added)

Blake Ayshford
Matthew Bell
Adam Blair
*Mitch Brown (rumoured to be looking elsewhere, as yet to be re-signed)
*Simon Dwyer (although I believe he may be off contract at the end of this year)
Gareth Ellis
Robbie Farah
Liam Fulton
Keith Galloway
John Grant
Matt Groat
Chris Heighington
Tom Humble
Sam Latu
Chris Lawrence
Robert Lui (pending possible Tigers action after court hearing this Thursday)
Benji Marshall
Sean Meaney
Jacob Miller
*Tim Moltzen (already signed with Dragons but looking to come back)
Ben Murdoch-Masila
Joel Reddy
Beau Ryan
Alan Schirnack
Jason Schirnack
Tim Simona
Lote Tuqiri
Matt Utai
Aaron Woods

thats 28 players.

MacDougall

First Grade
Out of NYC you could probably throw in James Tedesco, Curtis Sironen, Neil Begovich, Mosese Fotuiaka, Marika Koroibete, Taqele Naiyavaoro into the top squad list. Maybe. I have a feeling if Moltz doesn't neg his Dragons contract that Tedesco will have a crack at number 1 in Round 1.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
We can only have a 25 man NRL squad, so anyone still under 21 will be kept in the NYC squad. Pretty sure all those kids won't be 21 next year.

They'll play first grade most likely over 2012, but won't be listed in the NRL squad.

Johnny_L_O

Juniors
I've heard from 2 different people that Leeds have signed Chris Heighington for next season. Has anyone your side heard this? It was rumoured months ago but then seemed to die a death.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I believe Heighington is still under contract and has decided to stay at the Tigers

Phantomlock

Juniors
James Gavet, up and coming prop contracted to Warriors 2010/11, may be joining Tigers in 2012! He made NSW Cup squad this year but with the current propping stock of Packer, Matulino, Rapira and Lillyman it's unlikely he'll see much, if any, 1st grade game time. Hard to displace a Kiwi/SOO rotation.

Tigers and Dogs are chasing his signature.

PL