What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers show us how to defend

It would be nice to pick up a stats sheet and use it to determine where coaches are ranked, but it’s far from that simple because there’s a hell of a lot of context behind them, in particular the condition of the teams they take over, external factors affecting the team, and of course the balance of the squad. What Cleary took over at the Panthers, and now at the Tigpies, was a complete rabble undone by high-contract, low return players and poor morale from previous coaches. He then rebuilds and does a damn good job.

There is an essential balance of coaching and players in order to be successful. I often say a coach and players is like a tradie with his tools.- yes, a tradie needs the right tools to get the job done but I’d rather bring in a top tradie to do the job, rather than a shit tradie with awesome tools.
Like the analogy a lot...

Coffs dragon

Bench
Thats what happens when the coach forces him to play out of position for the entire time he was here...
More like Mary's interpretation of the game and his 98 m field length ideas!! Is it any wonder Benji passed and kicked into the Stand. Bennett played him off the bench and some dummy half last year with the Broncos & he went OK.
So I'm not blaming the position thing, I'm blaming the peanut in charge & his instruction or lack of it.

Dragsters

First Grade
More like Mary's interpretation of the game and his 98 m field length ideas!! Is it any wonder Benji passed and kicked into the Stand. Bennett played him off the bench and some dummy half last year with the Broncos & he went OK.
So I'm not blaming the position thing, I'm blaming the peanut in charge & his instruction or lack of it.

Perhaps, but blind Freddy can see he is far better at 6 than 7.

Walpole

Juniors
So I take it this thread was created as another shot at Mary. Quality stuff.

PS. f**k the Tigers.

BennyV

Referee
To add to what I’ve mentioned so far - Tigpies won’t win it this year. They’ll be floating around the 8 and will compete with us (and a few others) for position 6-8. But they’ll set themselves up for some good years.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I don't think that Wests will make the 8. They got off to a good start last year too and then fell away.

mickeylane

Bench
Tigers are simply amazing in defence this year - have held out to less than 10 points the below heavy weights..
Melbourne
Roosters
Broncos
A really amazing effort ..

I knew the Tigers would eventually come back to the field.

I like Cleary as a coach but he can’t work miracles with no cattle. That’s been the case since day dot, no matter who the coach is.

Mbye should help tho.
yeah he’s inherited a rag tag bunch Mbye and a healthy Reynolds will be a good combo but the tigers like the dogs are suffering from poor management decisions over the last decade both clubs will need to bottom out and rebuild

Slackboy72

Coach
yeah he’s inherited a rag tag bunch Mbye and a healthy Reynolds will be a good combo but the tigers like the dogs are suffering from poor management decisions over the last decade both clubs will need to bottom out and rebuild
I thought the Dragons had a monopoly on poor management. Well that's what the 'experts' on this sub-forum tell me.

Brutalitops

Juniors
I thought the Dragons had a monopoly on poor management. Well that's what the 'experts' on this sub-forum tell me.
Our fans have a high standard. In truth, the only teams better managed that us in recent history are the big guns like Storm, Roosters and Broncos. We are definitely around the top 4-8 in that regard

Latest posts