What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers Team Vs Canterbury

Tiger05

First Grade
1. Justin Hunt
2, David Nofoaluma
3. Tim Simona
4. Kevin Naiqama
5. Jordan Rankin

6. Mitchell Moses
7, Luke Brooks

8. Aaron Woods
9. Robbie Farah
10. Tim Grant
11, Curtis Sironen
12. Chris Lawrence
13. Sauaso Sue

INTERCHANGE
14. Josh Aloiai
15. Dene Halatau
16. Kyle Lovett
17. Ava Seumanufagai
18.Elijah Taylor

I reckon the team looks pretty good. I hope Taylor comes in at the expense of Lovett or Halatau. I just reckon we need more big men up the middle.

Taylor for Halatau would be the way I'd go.

Meanwhile in the reserves, very interesting that Cherrington is not in the 13. I wonder if that's:
- an indication that he just hasn't kicked on or
- an indication that the rumoured signing by Penrith is true or
- No one else to drop as Ballin had to get some game time in the 9?

1 WATSON HELETA
2 JOSH ADDO CARR
3 NATHAN MILONE
4 MICHAEL CHEE KAM
5 CHANCE PENI
6 JACK LITTLEJOHN
7 JOSH DRINKWATER
8 DALLAS GRAHAM
9 MATT BALLIN
10 WESLEY LOLO
11 TYLER CASSEL
12 ASIPELI FINE ©
13 ROD GRIFFIN
14 MANAIA CHERRINGTON
15 JORDAN GRANT
16 JOEL EDWARDS
17 MATTHEW EISENHUTH
19 JEREMY MARSHALL-KING

Tigerted

Juniors
I'd be replacing the useless sironen with Elijah Taylor.

Look forward to seeing how Hunt goes @ fullback.Will be interesting to c how we go w/out our best player.

The dogs r thin in the backs but geez they have a fabulous pack.

It's definitely a winnable game.If brooks can go close to replicating his effort vs a docile Souffs, our forwards aim up & Woods does play then we will win.

Clifferd

Coach
Probably the first time this year I've been happy with a Taylor selected team. Only change I'd have is Taylor in for Halatau

Appreciate his efforts with the club but he is a long gone has been and it's time to move forward & drop him to reserves and plan for the future ahead. Only thing Sironen has on his side is he's young, otherwise I'd probably put him in the firing line

Very very happy Hunt is in the side, he plays almost identical to Teddy if you watch him closely so I think we are well covered there

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
Really worried Taylor will come in for aloiai and we'll have a very small bench v the dogs. Lovett or halatau need to go.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Really worried Taylor will come in for aloiai and we'll have a very small bench v the dogs. Lovett or halatau need to go.

Agreed. I like the smokescreen naming Taylor at 18 as nobody knows where he will play, but I would have this pack in mind:

8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Grant
11. Lawrence
12. Sironen
18. Taylor

13. Sue (playing at Prop - he plays best here)
14. Aloai
16. Halutau/Lovett
17. Ava

We need the size to match it with the Dogs pack or we will get steamrolled

Vic Mackey

Referee
For all the shit he cops (and a lot is deserved) Lovett has been pretty solid this year IMO. I don't think he'll ever be anything more then an average first grader but every team needs some of them. His defence this year has been much better, I don't think he'll ever be an attacking threat but if he can help out with some dirty 8meter hit ups that's a job done.

Halatau gives a bit more versatility and to me he was great against souths. Kyles probably the one to miss out for me cause Taylor is far superior to both and needs to play. He's played a grand final and 10 test matches. I know it's against reserve graders but he stood out so much in the ISC state game on the weekend it wasn't funny.

MacDougall

First Grade
Lovett looked right up to them in the City vs. Country game. It gave me pause. I think he's got more than he shows in our gameplan.

Sirro looked better too.

I expect both would look decent in the right structure.

That being said, Taylor to 13, Sue to the bench and Halatau out would be my go.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Fair call but I couldn't bench Sue, if anything I'd push him forward and bench Grant

I wouldn't see Sue being pushed to the bench as a demotion. I think we need impact coming off the bench and Sue's barnstorming runs will provide that explosive power. Grant is solid but he I see him as a bit more of a worker than an impact player.

Tigerted

Juniors
Can't believe Hunt got the nod ahead of Milone !

Lovett who doesn't deserve to be dropped ahead of Halatau & sironen will most likely be the fall guy for Taylor.

I'd actually drop both sironen & Halatau & have Felise on bench.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Agreed. I like the smokescreen naming Taylor at 18 as nobody knows where he will play, but I would have this pack in mind:

8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Grant
11. Lawrence
12. Sironen
18. Taylor

13. Sue (playing at Prop - he plays best here)
14. Aloai
16. Halutau/Lovett
17. Ava

We need the size to match it with the Dogs pack or we will get steamrolled

Agree 100%. Sue is impact and off the bench with Ava we don't lose too much. I'd probably drop Halatau from the side. Tough call but I think Lovett can still grow while Dean peaked some years ago.

Clifferd

Coach
MCK deserves a spot somewhere but it's dam impossible to see where he'd go. Obviously E.T now moves Infront of him in the pecking order too

Clifferd

Coach
You are kidding, right ?
I'd rather have Justin Who . . . that has an unknown quantity,
Than Nathan Milone . . . and know exactly what we'll get.

You're talking to the guy who gets a hard on whenever Moses touches the ball

Wouldn't be surprised if it's the same for Milone too

BrotherJim05

Bench
MCK deserves a spot somewhere but it's dam impossible to see where he'd go. Obviously E.T now moves Infront of him in the pecking order too

Yeah MCK looks to be developing as a solid centre, but Simona and Naiqama are in pretty good form (apart from Naiqama's stupid rushing up in defence).

If Milone ever gets picked ahead of MCK again I'm going to simply lose it

Latest posts