What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers Team Vs Canterbury

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I know this is all about commenting on our team but gee that Greg Eastwood does some work for the Dogs, plays pretty good minutes too. I believe he is unsigned for next year and we could do worse in toughening our pack. I don't think he would be on huge money.

gordsy

Juniors
I'd punt Taylor and not Elijah, the other one called Jason.

At least he showed some progress by dropping Sironen today but unfortunately they had to use him because of injury to Sue. Now will he show us that he really does have some balls by dropping Moses for Drinkwater, Rankin for Aldo Carr and Naiqama for a centre.

As for the forwards, I hope they take notice in their video review session of the guy who came into the squad this week and played so well without the benefit of an off season and 10 rounds of training with his new team mates.

Can we actually drop Moses without blowing the 2nd tier cap ?

I don't see the point of picking Halatau and cherrington. For me it's one or the other. We lack punch as it is and having more small guys in the team won't help that, especially since we could slot Halatau into hooker if we need to sub Ballin and bring another forward on.

macnaz

Staff member
In regard to Naiqama's defence issues , Nofo and Moses werent far behind . It has to fall solely on the defence coaching . Naiqama can atleast make a tackle , its just the rushing in. Also Nofo's days have to be numbered , he is going down hill quickly in my opinion. All he is now capable of doing is scoring from 10 metres out or helping with some forward runs.
The rest of his game isnt NRL standard for a modern winger

macnaz

Staff member
So many problems ALL across the park , wasting money on Brooks and Moses is not going to fix any of them :(

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Halatau isn't NRL standard.

He's depth only.

He should be 4th choice hooker now and behind even Sironen as a back row option..

Maybe Nofo should move into the back row....wow....

YNWA Tigers

Juniors
As soon as i read that Hunt is replacing Teddy last week, i knew this was going to end in tears.
This is how the backline should have been IMO:

1. Rankin
2. JAC
3. Nofo
4. Simona
5. Kev

Clifferd

Coach
Nah I'd leave hunt there even after yesterday, he tried his guts out despite getting absolutely smashed a few times in attack. Puts his body on the line. Why drop someone after one game when we persist with plodders like Halatau, Sironen, Naquama and Milone who plod around consistently..He'll also be available with an early guilty plea

Made over 150 metres I believe

Tedesco wouldn't have made any difference to our side yesterday being so poor in defense and a certain somebody in the halves over calling the play

Last edited:

Dogs Of War

Coach
Can we actually drop Moses without blowing the 2nd tier cap ?

Moses doesn't count under the 2nd tier cap. As he is in the top 25. Just depends on how long you need him to play there, and if his replacement is in the top 25 for your team which means your 2nd tier cap isn't being touched.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Whatever the reason he needs more involvement...

If this means giving the hooker a gob full for not passing him the ball, or telling Moses to butt out every once in a while than so be it..

However, I think he has a confidence issue.
Bagging the hooker won't solve anything, it's not his fault. The hooker only has the player playing the ball in front of him, he can't see what the halves can see.

Of course the hooker will go to the most recent call.

The fault there lies entirely with Moses if this is the case, as he is killing the attack and starving Brooks of good ball in quality field position, which we don't get much of.

If he went out and bagged someone most of the fans would call him a sook. Poor bastard can't win either way.

First port of call is to stop trying to play both as a left and right halfback.

Brooks is at his best when he is the only first receiver. Moses is a shit first receiver as he is sideways and doesn't take the line on. I'm lost as to where Moses belongs.

Tigerm

First Grade
Nah I'd leave hunt there even after yesterday, he tried his guts out despite getting absolutely smashed a few times in attack. Puts his body on the line. Why drop someone after one game when we persist with plodders like Halatau, Sironen, Naquama and Milone who plod around consistently..He'll also be available with an early guilty plea

Tedesco wouldn't have made any difference to our side yesterday being so poor in defense and a certain somebody in the halves over calling the play

i wouldn't worry too much about Hunt, not sure he will be available next week?

Clifferd

Coach
i wouldn't worry too much about Hunt, not sure he will be available next week?

Grade 2 careless high tackle

Yeah nah cleared to play if he takes the early guilty plea. Kinda soft imo lol that was the worst coat hanger I've seen in years

magpie guy

Juniors

Not bagging Hunt's effort but Teddy would have stopped a couple of those tries and I didn't see Hunt is attack at all. The result probably would have been the same but might have been a bit closer. Teddy is just a cut above and good for 3 tries a game (saved or scored). I wouldn't drop Hunt though.

I would consider moving Rankin to 5/8, dropping Moses and bringing in JAC on the wing. Something has to be done about Naquiama rushing in as well. Aren't Chee Kam and Fine doing well in the lower grades?

Last edited:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rankin isn't going to be any better or different to Hunt.

Or Moses.

He's a good enough player, but was never what we needed.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Our side made 6 tackle breaks. Compare that to the Dogs who made 32.
We had 1 line break to their 9
We had 1 offload to their 12

Apart from our props Woods, Grant and Ava and Lawrence, we don't have any forwards hitting line with impact and pushing past the advantage line. Players are being wrapped up too easily and so we are not creating any second phase play at all. That just means we have a very one dimensional attack, or an attack that moves sideways to try and create space for the halves (which barely ever works for any side)

Simona touched the ball 8 times. Naiqama 15.

Everyone knows Simona is the better centre, yet he gets f**k all ball.

jadtiger

Juniors
pretty sure offloads have been coached out of the players
I dont think there is much doubt that is the case obviously it has greater risk and better rewards if you do offload.This is yet another piece of stupidity from a pathetic coach.
On sunday Woods didnt even come onto the field for 20 minutes and at that stage the game was basically gone(forwards dominated).I really cant wait until Taylor is gone, it was obvious the players were disorganised and some showed little if any interest.We made the dogs look like world beaters.

jadtiger & TT, what about Woods who takes ball up as 1st receiver and as he gets to the defence he 'off loads' to another forward. That must be coached into them.

No half running at line and picking a forward running into a gap,
No half running at line and passing out the back to the backs,
No half running at line and having a go himself.

The coach and his coaching make opposing teams look like world beaters, except for 3 hiccups but it well may be Newscastles turn this week.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Newcastle are a worse side than us. No doubt we'll win well and save Taylor's arse again.