What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TLT Rnd8 vs Manly Friday 8pm

hindy111

Post Whore
I don't get it.

What makes Sanders more ready to play now that 4 weeks ago? It's not great form in cup i'll tell you that.

It's a desperation move and again just shows the lack of planning in our squad from our football dept.

Were we waiting for him to sign with the Raiders before we gave him a first grade jersey? For mine, there is now LESS of a reason to blood him than there was 4 weeks ago.

If he was a valid option, then he should have been 6/7 since Moses went down and getting experience in the role so by now he was comfortable.

Agree. What did Blaize do in Darwin to make BA think he isn't ready? What did orienting do bar drop 1 ball.
Yet Lussick stuffs up 5x a game and is kept. And why is Blaize at 5/8 in NSW CUP. Pick his position and leave him there.

Eelogical

Referee
I don't get it.

What makes Sanders more ready to play now that 4 weeks ago? It's not great form in cup i'll tell you that.

It's a desperation move and again just shows the lack of planning in our squad from our football dept.

Were we waiting for him to sign with the Raiders before we gave him a first grade jersey? For mine, there is now LESS of a reason to blood him than there was 4 weeks ago.

If he was a valid option, then he should have been 6/7 since Moses went down and getting experience in the role so by now he was comfortable.
Imagine if he has a blinder!

JokerEel

Coach
Agree. What did Blaize do in Darwin to make BA think he isn't ready? What did orienting do bar drop 1 ball.
Yet Lussick stuffs up 5x a game and is kept. And why is Blaize at 5/8 in NSW CUP. Pick his position and leave him there.

Yep Blaize apparently is our future fullback so go play in CUO at 5/8

Chipmunk

Coach
Dropped a winger to go work on his game in NSW cup at centre ....

Asi won't play this week due to 11 day stand down

Carty dropped due to being injured..

The well is dry
No issue with winger, he was ordinary and Sivo had to come back eventually.

Asi is playing NSW Cup at this stage.

Blaize seemed like a pointless pick on the bench.

Gronk

Staff member
Asi is named in reserves. I don't get it.
Here's what I think from what I heard. He was taken off Friday under Cat2. When he was off the NRL Dr said actually changed my mind Cat1.

So the club is apparently working through that confusion of applying HIA protocols.

If he gets clearance to play, he was dropped anyway.

the phantom menace

First Grade
So we've tried Talagi in the halves - who was then dropped.
We've tried Asi again - who being named in Cup appears to have been dropped.

And now it's time to debut Sanders into this hot mess of an under-performing squad...? I guess since he's likely signing with Canberra it not longer matters if this messes up his career.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Shame Cartwright is injured - probably came back to early tbh... But good to see Hands and Makatoa both named on the bench.

Having Hands should change things up a bit - assuming Lussick gets hauled off at the 30min mark as he clearly needs to be. Maka will rip in and have more of a go than Matterson in the middle rotation, and not fussed at all that Moretti has been dropped to find some form and rack up some minutes in Cup.

I'd expect Sanders to play more of the traditional 7 role, given Gutho's quote about him "doing what halfbacks do, controlling". Which means Dylan in his usual 6 role, just that BA doesn't change the numbers because doesn't want to backtrack on previous statements re Brown being 7 material.

Latest posts