What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TNA SuperThread SPOILERS

Big Pete

Referee
To be honest KTF the Guns should have won the belts back in 2008 and gone their seperate ways sometime last year - they both have the talents to make something of their careers individually unfortunately TNA has just been so slow to do anything productive with them.

I wouldn't be against them going their seperate ways for now, I just hope they don't go through the boring break up routine.

I agree with your points on Anderson and I'm interested to see where they'll go with him. I personally don't rate him but maybe he'll step up like The Miz did (or to a lesser extent Nitro/Morrison in 2007).

Just to go back to my thoughts on the PPV

- Kaz/Lethal and MCMG/BMI were as good as you'd expect they be and nothing else.

- The Dudley match turned out to be a best case scenario, they just brawled like machines, not a fan of seeing them feud at this stage of their careers, a bit like watching your uncles fight after too many brews but one of those it was better than it had any right to be.

- The finish was a good way to end the show, not really a match but a fun way to end the show.

The only points I disliked were...

Matt Hardy - Awesome Kong haircut and wrestled an extremely sluggish match with Van Dam.

Angle/Jarrett - As a promo it was fine, but a PPV event? Eh.

Abyss winning the championship - FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

TNA seem happy with the dynamic that Beer Money vs MCMG brings to the company, and I can't see anyone replacing MCMG in that role if they end up splitting them. Maybe London Brawling/British Invasion if they ever get back on TV, but otherwise I can't think of a face tag team to go up against them. Gen Me just don't do it for me either (they remind me of a young Hardy Boyz with less talent and no mic skills).

That was done on the fly due to AJ's injury. Not much that TNA could of done there, so I'll let that one through to the 'keeper. It fits in with their storyline of Immortal wanting all the titles. Otherwise the only other person it could of been was Ric Flair :crazy:

Big Pete

Referee
I don't want it to fit in with that storyline - it's been done before. Williams deserved a run with the belt.

Which is why TNA should be looking to bring more teams in. BMI and MCMG have members that are too good to be wasted in the tag division - time to start transitioning.

Big Pete

Referee
Er, judging from what I read it's not exactly what I want to see...

Although hopefully the end justify's the means.

That seems to be the way to split a tag team these days, as cliche as it is. There was a good opportunity to split them up years ago when Shelley would cheat Sabin out of wins during Shelley's run as X-Division Champion. I'd rather see them split as faces going after the X-Division Title, but there always seems to be a "need" to have a bad guy come out of a tag team split.

Hell, the Hardy Boys split up twice with Matt being the evil brother.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
To be honest KTF the Guns should have won the belts back in 2008 and gone their seperate ways sometime last year - they both have the talents to make something of their careers individually unfortunately TNA has just been so slow to do anything productive with them.

I wouldn't be against them going their seperate ways for now, I just hope they don't go through the boring break up routine.

I agree with your points on Anderson and I'm interested to see where they'll go with him. I personally don't rate him but maybe he'll step up like The Miz did (or to a lesser extent Nitro/Morrison in 2007).

Just to go back to my thoughts on the PPV

- Kaz/Lethal and MCMG/BMI were as good as you'd expect they be and nothing else.

- The Dudley match turned out to be a best case scenario, they just brawled like machines, not a fan of seeing them feud at this stage of their careers, a bit like watching your uncles fight after too many brews but one of those it was better than it had any right to be.

- The finish was a good way to end the show, not really a match but a fun way to end the show.

The only points I disliked were...

Matt Hardy - Awesome Kong haircut and wrestled an extremely sluggish match with Van Dam.

Angle/Jarrett - As a promo it was fine, but a PPV event? Eh.

The Guns going their seperate ways but still having each others back at times, I wouldn't mind, but after seeing what TNA did to LAX I don't believe that will happen.

My main concern is that TNA have already dropped the ball with the X-Division and now to have Team 3D and the MCMG break up, especially when LAX haven't been gone for much more than a year, would start sending their tag division downhill fast.

Who else is going to challenge Beer Money without making Beer Money look weak should they job to these new teams. London Brawling seems like the only genuine option.

-Young/Jordan? Ugh, someone should end that abortion of a team.

-Generation Me? Turned heel and did SFA since aside from be Cougarised by Tara.

-Ink Inc - ahhh, yup.

I wouldn't want to see the Tag Division drop to the levels of WWE where there's a procession of short term teams formed to pretend that the Tag belts are still relevant.

I'd say we're heading for Beer Money vs London Brawling, but after that?

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Just on Tag Teams, I'm surprised that the WGTT didn't register on the TNA radar at all. Those guys aren't main event single stars and could easily keep the tag division strong.

Also wouldn't complain if they brought back Homicide and Hernandez (who is due back to TNA soon anyway).

Big Pete

Referee
Benjamin and Haas made the right move, they'll get more respect in ROH than they would of had they gone to TNA.

I reckon the Briscoes would be a great fit for TNA - have that sort of character that would be a hit over there and I feel they've done all they can do in ROH. I would recommend Kings of Wrestling but I can see them breaking out as single stars - they're already showing their wares in PWG.

In saying, I hope TNA transitions their tag division over the next three-six months so they can focus on pushing Roode, Storm, Shelley and Sabin without compromising the quality of the tag division. I have faith in Gen Me. (I really hate that name) and if they can hire some more teams I believe they could do this with the odd BMI (or even AMW if they want to bring back Harris) or MCMG reunion matches.

Of course before they get begin their singles career I'd love to see a MCMG vs. Hardy's match.

Who else is going to challenge Beer Money without making Beer Money look weak should they job to these new teams. London Brawling seems like the only genuine option.
London Brawling / British Invasion need to get back on TV and re-establish themselves first. Brutus Magnus has been in one vinegette with Doug Williams in the last 3 months (which was solely to promote the Williams vs AJ Styles rivalry), and Desmond Wolfe hasn't been seen or heard of except for in that Magnus chat with Doug Williams. They were to be on TV last week saving Williams from a beat down by Styles and Rob Terry, but got edited out. As a unit, they will have to be rebuilt from the ground up to be shown to be a serious challenger to the Tag Titles.

Speaking of Desmond Wolfe, does anyone know what "injury" kept him out for this long?

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
London Brawling / British Invasion need to get back on TV and re-establish themselves first. Brutus Magnus has been in one vinegette with Doug Williams in the last 3 months (which was solely to promote the Williams vs AJ Styles rivalry), and Desmond Wolfe hasn't been seen or heard of except for in that Magnus chat with Doug Williams. They were to be on TV last week saving Williams from a beat down by Styles and Rob Terry, but got edited out. As a unit, they will have to be rebuilt from the ground up to be shown to be a serious challenger to the Tag Titles.

Speaking of Desmond Wolfe, does anyone know what "injury" kept him out for this long?

I always assumed the injury was severely broken booking.

You're right about establishing them again. All the more reason to hold off a month or two on the Guns break up. Hopefully it's just a tease for the moment.

The only positive about the guns breaking up would be the boost to the X-Division as no doubt they'd both land there.

It'd be nice if TNA could keep the Tag AND X division strong.

It's true that the booking for TNA is pretty ordinary at times. But Desmond Wolfe's "injury" is an interesting one. He just signed a multi-year contract, London Brawling were getting a push (albeit on Xplosion) and had a Tag Title match on PPV lined up, then they were suddenly pulled from the PPV. I haven't heard anything about what injury he has, if any. There was speculation that he was pulled for some other reason, though I'm not sure what.

Big Pete

Referee
I actually read somewhere Wolfe suffered a very serious injury, the one the WWE were afraid of hence pulling out of the contract signing. He's been working stand up ever since.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Wasn't that before Woolfe signed with TNA?

I think what SGLC is talking about is when Woolfe/Magnus suddenly disappeared in the middle of their push. Usually an injury is announced, which is probably why it led to several rumours about family issues/personal issues/injury, but the truth was never actually revealed.

Big Pete

Referee
No there was concern over his health which is why the WWE pulled out.

He then suffered the injury the WWE were worried about which is why he was rushed off of TV.

Last edited:
OH GOOD GOD NO!!!

The main event of Impact is Kurt Angle + Crimson (???) vs Immortal. Basically it's just a beat down of the faces. After a while, the lights go out. They come back on and Scott Steiner is there weilding a crowbar, cleaning house of the heels to close the show.

Kill me now!

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
:lol::lol::lol:

The Big Bad Booty Daddy is back.

Now all we need is for Nash, Sting and Booker to come back and then we can have the Main Event Mafia Vs Immortal war that we've all craved for so long.

:sarcasm:

I'm assuming Crimson is Red's brother?

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
How long before Steiner cuts a shoot promo and buries Flair?

It was inevitable Jarrett would get him back so I'm not surprised.

With the three stogies (Russo, Bischoff and Hogan) in creative the company is f**ked anyway.