What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todays Stats

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Golden Point should be exactly that a point.

Teams locked at 80 mins get a point each. Then play for Golden Point, the winner gets an extra competition point. I think at least a team gets something for the game.

Carlton

Juniors
Agree with most of this - I definitely don't think we were certainties if Widdop stays on, he doesn't control the intensity or the fact that we were gassed early in the second half.

However, the blocking play was 100% illegal. Evans moved from behind the ruck into position next to whoever the other bloke was and stood shoulder to shoulder, which is specifically outlawed (referred to as 'the wall'). That, along with chasers being offside, happens in every golden point and refs are too gutless to call it. Doesn't make it right.

I agree, I didn't see that much of a difference in the team after Widdop went off. I think the biggest deterioration in the attack came while JDB was playing 5/8. I don't understand why you move Mann and JDB to cover a wing.

Maxwell

Juniors
Had we had our Captain on the park, The Roosters had no way of winning. The Refs did what they could in the last 20 to push one team ahead.
5 Linebreaks to 2
16 Offloads to 5.
1750 Metres to 1520
24 Missed tackles to 40.

Penalties we lost.
Field Goal Blockers we lost.
Dugan gone for 12 mins.
Widdop no show 2nd half.

Well Done.
Hey Translation , I agree with what you say about Widdop, Dragons were lost with out him, for his organisation and Kicking game . But no one is saying any thing about the shoulder charge by Nappa on Dugan when he had to go for a HIA test. Tell me , a bloke runs in looking like a f**king aeroplane arms out then drives his shoulder straight under you chin, at no time did his arms look like wrapping around Dugan or even attempting to wrap them around him. Not sure of point of contact because fox announcers said he bounced into Cordner causing trauma's. But this Guy MR Nappa has been doing this tackle for 12 months and gets away with it, because he's a rooster. I thought Chechin was the best ref going but he is no better than the rest of the bunch. I bet any other team would except for Broncos or storm would have been penalised for blocking on the field goal. Chechin showed his colours when he penalised for blocking the chasers on a bomb , but we never got one for running and blocking our chasers.

Reactions: Qdf

Maxwell

Juniors
Agree with most of this - I definitely don't think we were certainties if Widdop stays on, he doesn't control the intensity or the fact that we were gassed early in the second half.

However, the blocking play was 100% illegal. Evans moved from behind the ruck into position next to whoever the other bloke was and stood shoulder to shoulder, which is specifically outlawed (referred to as 'the wall'). That, along with chasers being offside, happens in every golden point and refs are too gutless to call it. Doesn't make it right.
One thing I will say at least Mary didn't complain to the league like the f**khead roosters coach has done every time dragons beat them on Anzac day game. HE abused Mary in the tunnel last year, got the video ref stopped from reporting foul play against his grubby players. Nappa's shot on Dugan this year was a shoulder charge , holds his arms out like a aeroplane and drives his shoulder straight up . The rule states you must attempt to wrap your arms around the player you are tackling. His arms hardly even bend to wrap around , gets away with it because he's a rorter and Uncle Nick is his Saviour Boss.

Reactions: Qdf

j0nesy

Bench
We were in line with the pass to Fergo and it looked a mile forward. Replays suggested it wasn't so clear cut but still probably just forward. The knock on call against Nighty in the first half was wrong and that should have been a try. Widdop, Dugan and JDB injuries in the 2nd half really killed us but that's footy. Credit to the Roosters who stood up to our pack and despite been dominated by our pack hung in there. they looked shot at half time. Good game.

giboz71

First Grade
I agree, I didn't see that much of a difference in the team after Widdop went off. I think the biggest deterioration in the attack came while JDB was playing 5/8. I don't understand why you move Mann and JDB to cover a wing.

Really?

I thought Widdop was great in the first half. Constantly probing their line, particularly their right edge.

The Roosters would have been cheering he came off. In a golden point game, he would have been the difference.