What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Carney

Tom Ace

Bench
typing.gif

Spot on.

woodgers

Bench
I have nothing against Todd at all, things just didn't work out for him at the Raiders. The unfortunate thing was we'd built our castle around him and had to start again, so that was painful. It was even worse that he then got picked up the next day by the most unethical club in the game but I expect nothing less.

Todd has done well to stay off the booze this year, if he has in fact achieved that feat. However while not straying too close to that moderation line, i'm not sure he is the off field saint that he is being made out to be. He has other forms of relaxation these days...

franklin2323

Immortal
I am over it. The media treats him like a god. The bastard hasn't even apologised to Canberra for being a turd.

Not to mention how he let his mate Steve Irwin get shafted by taking the wrap for him again no apology.

Being good for 12months. Doesn't make him less of a grub of a human being

I'm over the bitter Canberra fans who can't let this go. If they're not flapping themselves about the Dragons being scared of them they're still angry at Todd Carney.

woodgers

Bench
I'm over the bitter Canberra fans who can't let this go. If they're not flapping themselves about the Dragons being scared of them they're still angry at Todd Carney.

I find it is about 50/50. Some Canberra fans hate him and hope he dies, others like me are over all the drama and now I just enjoy watching him play, albeit for my most hated team.

Paullyboy

Coach
I find it is about 50/50. Some Canberra fans hate him and hope he dies, others like me are over all the drama and now I just enjoy watching him play, albeit for my most hated team.

I was the same.....untill the love-in started and everyone made him seem like a saviour or the second coming of christ. If he played the way he has, but was still looked at as 'the bloke who did his mates and junior club wrong', I'd probably stick up for him. But because it seems he has been forgiven by all and sundry I feel the hatred starts to re-surface

petermctaggart

Juniors
Firstly as a Raiders supporter, I'm over the fact he is playing well for another club. Actually I still enjoy watching him play.

But is anyone else sick of hear about how he's turned his life around?

Every day this week the Telegraph has run a big story about the "re-formed" Todd Carney and every story highlights a different turning point that put him on the right track.

It's very unlike the Telegraph to publish so many "positive" stories and the conspiracy theorist in me is thinking they're building him up for a big fall.

He's stayed off the turps all season and it's worked out well for him but the off-season approaches. As much as I'd like to believe he's turned his life around, that will be the real test.

Is everyone as "convinced" as the DT?

Latest posts