What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tomahawks v Tonga

clarency

Juniors
Mr KcKnight...

Explain what is wrong with the owners of the established teams wanting more information, and say in how the league is run.

Also provide how much information you have on all the USARL teams to support your claim that "none of them would make it anyway". Which you know yourself is bullsh*t.

I can't wait for your lack of response.

gyallop

Juniors
I wasted an apology , the only opinion you value is your own irrelevant one can someone let me know when there is an actual thread of INFORMED comment and CONSTRUCTIVE debate on the US game rather than a few haters some who have no personal knowledge of the US game venting and shouting down those who have a differing view.

league13

Juniors
gyallop
user_offline.gif

Juniors
rank0.gif

icon1.gif
Re: Tomahawks v Tonga
I wasted an apology , the only opinion you value is your own irrelevant one can someone let me know when there is an actual thread of INFORMED comment and CONSTRUCTIVE debate on the US game rather than a few haters some who have no personal knowledge of the US game venting and shouting down those who have a differing view.

Just because contributers criticise the AMNRL and David NUi in particular doesn't mean they hate them.What they see is the way that league has been run over the years and still is.
It's only since the formation of the USARL that they have become more open in what they are doing.I think ever poster on here wants them to do well in the World Cup, but,they seem to be their own worst enemies in the way they are going about it.

Evil Homer

Staff member
So I take this as an admittance that you are a hypocrite and can't answer any of my points?

gyallop

Juniors
Why. You simply ignored your own lie about Dawn , as you do and pretend to take a moral high ground. You challenge others on your comment , I have looked online as I like you no nothing about US RL personally , you say Niu isn't prepared to do the hard work but your own source of perfect knowledge suggests that he has been working on the game in the usa since 1992 and that he stepped out of the game for a period and came back when others failed.i am not saying he has been good bad or indifferent , like you I have no personal knowledge but you say he isn't prepared to work hard.... A 20 year commitment says differently. Over to you please provide actual proof that the man hasn't been prepared to work hard given that you say everything you post is fact or correct you will have that proof.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Why. You simply ignored your own lie about Dawn ,
What lie? Is it or is it not true that Dawn was excluded from selection for the USA national team while he was affiliated with a USARL club, and as soon as he left the USARL club he was fast-tracked back into the Tomahawks squad? Why are you accusing me of lying when that is an indisputable fact?
gyallop said:
as you do and pretend to take a moral high ground. You challenge others on your comment , I have looked online as I like you no nothing about US RL personally , you say Niu isn't prepared to do the hard work but your own source of perfect knowledge suggests that he has been working on the game in the usa since 1992 and that he stepped out of the game for a period and came back when others failed.i am not saying he has been good bad or indifferent , like you I have no personal knowledge but you say he isn't prepared to work hard.... A 20 year commitment says differently. Over to you please provide actual proof that the man hasn't been prepared to work hard given that you say everything you post is fact or correct you will have that proof.
What? Where did I ever suggest that Niu has not been consistently involved in RL in the USA since he started? You have completely made that up. I didn't even say that he isn't prepared to work hard, I said that he is more interested in dealing with 'names' and events which will bring him prestige than laying proper foundations. I'm not sure why you have made up a load of garbage and attributed it to me rather than answering any of the points I actually raised. For your benefit though, I will re-post my argument from that thread so that there can't be any confusion over what I said.
Evil Homer said:
So you admit that the AMNRL are excluding players because they are desperate to hang onto influence and power and are willing to operate unfairly and undemocratically in order to do so. Does this suggest to you that they are confident in their own merits as administrators, or that they are fully aware of the fact that, on a level playing field, they would be removed from power? If they had the best interests of the game at heart, do you think they would want to hang on to power despite the fact that they are seemingly well aware that the majority do not want them there? You've claimed that Niu is not a self-promoter, but since there is no money involved I can't think of any other explanation for him behaving in the way that you have just stated.
Now do you have any answers to that, aside from once again resorting to the completely ridiculous comment that my opinion isn't valid because I don't live in the USA?

pennpool

Juniors
And there it is. Another topic has crashed and burned.

Both comps are either built or run on lies. Both comps have there own history of carcasses left on the path to 'success' < very lose term.

gyallop

Juniors
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyallop
Why. You simply ignored your own lie about Dawn ,
What lie? Is it or is it not true that Dawn was excluded from selection for the USA national team while he was affiliated with a USARL club, and as soon as he left the USARL club he was fast-tracked back into the Tomahawks squad? Why are you accusing me of lying when that is an indisputable fact?......You stated the AMNRL made an admission in the article......they didnt and that is a lie, I have no interest in your ignoring that and justifying your lie , whether your view is right or wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyallop
as you do and pretend to take a moral high ground. You challenge others on your comment , I have looked online as I like you no nothing about US RL personally , you say Niu isn't prepared to do the hard work but your own source of perfect knowledge suggests that he has been working on the game in the usa since 1992 and that he stepped out of the game for a period and came back when others failed.i am not saying he has been good bad or indifferent , like you I have no personal knowledge but you say he isn't prepared to work hard.... A 20 year commitment says differently. Over to you please provide actual proof that the man hasn't been prepared to work hard given that you say everything you post is fact or correct you will have that proof.

What? Where did I ever suggest that Niu has not been consistently involved in RL in the USA since he started? You have completely made that up. I didn't even say that he isn't prepared to work hard, I said that he is more interested in dealing with 'names' and events which will bring him prestige than laying proper foundations. I'm not sure why you have made up a load of garbage and attributed it to me rather than answering any of the points I actually raised. For your benefit though, I will re-post my argument from that thread so that there can't be any confusion over what I said.

I never attributed those comments to you , you challenge others to disprove your "facts". I researched your source of knowledge and suggested 20 years of work shows he is prepared to work hard.

You have not posted the actual sentence I challenged so that someone who hasnt read the threads will believe that I am wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Homer
So you admit that the AMNRL are excluding players because they are desperate to hang onto influence and power and are willing to operate unfairly and undemocratically in order to do so. Does this suggest to you that they are confident in their own merits as administrators, or that they are fully aware of the fact that, on a level playing field, they would be removed from power? If they had the best interests of the game at heart, do you think they would want to hang on to power despite the fact that they are seemingly well aware that the majority do not want them there? You've claimed that Niu is not a self-promoter, but since there is no money involved I can't think of any other explanation for him behaving in the way that you have just stated.

Now do you have any answers to that, aside from once again resorting to the completely ridiculous comment that my opinion isn't valid because I don't live in the USA?.......have the courage to post the correct sentence. I could answer that question by saying that it is completely ridiculous comment that anyone can state that their opinion is valid if formed without personal knowledge but where would that take us?

Evil Homer

Staff member
What are you talking about? I quoted your post in entirety? I don't know what you think 'personal knowledge' is, but it's absolutely pathetic to keep repeating this and thus implying that I am somehow misinformed if you cannot address the issue at hand or provide any sort of argument against any of the points that I have made. Again, I will ask, do you have any answers to the following?

If I am misinformed due to a 'lack of personal knowledge', then please point out where I am going wrong.

Last edited:

MattyCLark

Juniors
Those players and their clubs turned on the competition that gave them their start, so you can't use a loyalty sob story. The only players from the USARL that would make the team have joined the AMNRL.

So I have to read a RL fourm to find out that I'm not "GOOD ENOUGH" to play for the Tomahawks? Well with that said I guess I should stop hoping for the selection email that I was told to wait for. Cause I still have all the emails and text messages from before the split and none of them say that I'm not good enough. But thank you for clearing that up.

In fact this statement is false. There are a number of players that have played and could still play for the Tomahawks. My little brother Casey is playing first grade lock for the Helensburgh Tigers down in the Illawarra comp. He is one of the fittest players I've played with.
And the reason that I didn't give up my Axemen season was so that I could play on the same team as him.
So yeah Mr. Knight Loyalty is a factor. I didn't ask for the split. And I can't travel to Atlanta or New England to play. I have a wife, daughter, and job in Jacksonville. The AMNRL turned its back on me.

Just to clear that up

Play some footy

Juniors
So I have to read a RL fourm to find out that I'm not "GOOD ENOUGH" to play for the Tomahawks? Well with that said I guess I should stop hoping for the selection email that I was told to wait for. Cause I still have all the emails and text messages from before the split and none of them say that I'm not good enough. But thank you for clearing that up.

In fact this statement is false. There are a number of players that have played and could still play for the Tomahawks. My little brother Casey is playing first grade lock for the Helensburgh Tigers down in the Illawarra comp. He is one of the fittest players I've played with.
And the reason that I didn't give up my Axemen season was so that I could play on the same team as him.
So yeah Mr. Knight Loyalty is a factor. I didn't ask for the split. And I can't travel to Atlanta or New England to play. I have a wife, daughter, and job in Jacksonville. The AMNRL turned its back on me.

Just to clear that up

there are a couple of guys good enough to play - siose in new haven, shorto in jax - but then we'd probably have another thread about foreigners making up the usa side.

Fatwing15

Juniors
there are a couple of guys good enough to play - siose in new haven, shorto in jax - but then we'd probably have another thread about foreigners making up the usa side.

I like that you are tossing out a couple names. I would like to see a side by side comparison of the Tomahawks and USARL players that have the ability to compete for and possibly win positions on the national team.

pennpool

Juniors

Hell, there are guys in the AMNRL that are better than some players that get picked regular and/or play more international games than they do domestic.

pennpool

Juniors
If only you could elaborate!

If only people from both sides would take there heads out of the sand, or there ass, and jump down off the pedestal I wouldn't need to.

One is a dictatorship, the other may have lead it's troops into battle blind. ultimately no one is more victim or villain than the other they are just working to different ideals.

Ultimately competition is healthy. If, by trying to develop more teams to try to out do the 'other group', we end up with 1 team a year we end up with progress. If there are 3 'new teams' every two years and only 1 survives, we have progress.

The one thing I'm currently finding weird is that the USARL side seems to be coming across more bitter on the forums.
We first had the whole AMNRL twitter issue but since that went away the revolutionaries have been the most critical and vocal. .