What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top 10 overrated players in the NRL

legend

Coach
1. Michael Vella
2. Adam Dykes
3. Braith Anasta
4. Matt Gidley
5. Trent Barrett
6. Willie Mason
7. Brett Finch
8. Luke Ricketson
9. Lance Thompson
10. Jason Stevens

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
1.Brett Kimmorley
2.Willie Mason
3.Mark O'Meley
4.Danial Wagon
5.Owen Craigie
6.Sean Timmins
7.Ben Ikin
8.Timana Tahu
9.Matt Gidley
10.Ryan Cross

legend

Coach
Kimmorley? How can you say that? Did you see his performance against the Knights last week? He single handedly won the Sharks the game with a brilliant performance. It was the best individual display I have seen from aplayer this year.

As for Mason and Gidley....... :lol:

salivor

First Grade
LOL legend, one performance doesn't make a player, hes been having a terrible year before last week. 1 game hardly makes up for the other 8 or so.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Major_Quimmby,

Can you have Kimmorley on your list of over-rated players and your top 20 players - If he is in the top 20 how is he over-rated??? :?

legend

Coach
That's true Bronco but Kimmorley is a proven big match player. He's won a premiership and like all players, will suffer form lapses. I still think Kimmorley is one of the best players playing in the NRL today and hardly overrated.

El Diablo

Post Whore
In no particular order

Anasta
Mason
Dykes
M.Gidley
Gower
Blacklock
Stevens
Gasnier
Vella
C.Walker

salivor

First Grade
We could argue about his performances in big match, I remember a couple of woeful origin performances. I don't think hes really advanced as a player since leaving Melbourne but I will give credit where credit is due and admit he had a fantastic run of form down the home straight for the Sharks last year.

Green Eye

Juniors
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Kimmorley is a fudge packer.

I'm with the mayor on this. He would be number 1 on my list of over-rated players. He has had a shocking season and just because of that one performance last week I hardly think he is the player many believe him to be. Sharkies coach Chris Anderson puts way too much faith in him.

Suppose Brett has had to deal with a pregnant wife so that can take your mind off the game. :lol:

Moffo

Referee
Blacklock
Kimmorley (sorry Legend, it was a good game last week but he put in several shockers before that)
Gidley
Gower
Girdler
Meyers
Stevens
Peachey
Menzies (died in the arse lately)
Mason

Cheers,
Moffo

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
Menzies has “died in the arse” lately because he is not being able to be a free ball running forward, now he is just a tackling and hit-up merchant, which has really taken away from his appearance to people. He is still a great player but just in a different respect, he could still be the elusive dangerous Menzies we all know if Manly had some attacking halves.

ozzie

Bench
legend said:
1. Michael Vella
2. Adam Dykes
3. Braith Anasta
4. Matt Gidley
5. Trent Barrett
6. Willie Mason
7. Brett Finch
8. Luke Ricketson
9. Lance Thompson
10. Jason Stevens

good one - not one Canberra Raider in it how could I have guessed that!

ozzie

Bench
Schiftcoski (apply the heat and he turns to jello)
all of Souths team
johns
kelly
walker C
walker S
fittler - lately should consider retirement
hopoate
ikin
thurston

legend

Coach
Lol, Ozzie, we don't get any tv coverage on free to air so the channel nine boys don't know who to rate and not rate.

If Finch was still at Canberra, he would have made the list. I never liked him, regardless ofwhich jersey he was wearing. :roll:

Spike

First Grade
In no particular order:

1 Craig Gower
2 Scott Hill
3 Robbie Kearns
4 Matt Gidley
5 Jason Stevens
6 Willie Mason
7 Owen Craigie
8 Brett Hodgson
9 Adam Dykes
10 Clinton Toopi

Anonymous

Juniors
El Duque and Moffo.. how you say Blacklock when he hasnt played in the NRL for the best part of a year and then re-signs for around $10,000? How is that overated?
Prior to that he scored 100 tries in 117 games. Bloody drongos. :lol:

Top ten overated:

Anasta
Anasta
Anasta
Anasta
Anasta
Anasta
Anasta
Woolford
Anasta

in no particular order.

kaon

Juniors
Braith Anasta
Lance Thompson
Danny Buderus
Matt Parsons
Jonathon Thurston
Brad Meyers
Soloman Haumono
Jason Stevens
Brett Finch
Matt Gidley

JoeD

First Grade
Mason
Kimmorley
Woolford
Vella
Anasta
Gidley
Barret
Ricketson
Stevens
Cayless

BTW who rates Craigie to make him over rated?
This kind of thread always brings to mind a theory i have that the selection of certain players is based on their looks. Somebody like Brent Sherwin will hardly get a look in at SOO level whereas somebody like Barret gets picked time and again for Australia usually on the back of indifferent form and injury. Anasta is another prime example, how he keeps getting picked for rep teams is beyond me. Can somebody tell me how Ricketson is that much better than Ian Hindmarsh that he warrants automatic selection for the Blues yet Hindmarsh hardly makes a dent at rep level?

ozzie

Bench
legend said:
Lol, Ozzie, we don't get any tv coverage on free to air so the channel nine boys don't know who to rate and not rate.

If Finch was still at Canberra, he would have made the list. I never liked him, regardless ofwhich jersey he was wearing. :roll:

rats my post has been recognised as a beat up...
:lol: :lol:

Latest posts