What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TOP FOUR BOTTOM FOUR 2020

Gareth67

First Grade
Our best Christmas present as Dragons fans would be for Lafai to be given the opportunity to live in Europe and finish his career on good coin filling Wilimes spot at Catelans. Win win for all.

He has no intention of going anywhere as his wife is expecting another child in the new year .

SBD82

Coach
Manly could be one to drop right down with the serious charge hanging over Faniu, spelling?.
They also need Tom to playa lot of games.
This is a really good point. Manly lost Koroisau, and without Fainu they’re starting the year without a recognised hooker. Pretty important position these days. Could be a massive issue for them.

Crush

Coach
Top four bottom four for 2024

Roosters
Penrith
Souths
Storm

Bottom
Warriors
Dogs
Tigers
Titans

kit66

Bench
Top 4
Panthers
Broncos
Sharks
Warriors

Bottom 4
Dolphins
Wests
Dogs
Titans

Dragons 10th

Parko1310

Juniors
Don't get any of the hype for souths personally, think they're a chance to miss finals again. Wighton is a good signing but there's no winger who can take the hard carries and make any metres out of the back field. Campbell Graham gone for 6 months who could've helped in that department. Latrell can't stay on the field, nor does he take the tough carries. Cook is absolutely washed up. Their middle isn't very strong either. Very very beatable team in my opinion with a game plan against them that writes itself.

Top 4
Panthers
Roosters
Broncos
Cowboys

Bottom 4
Dragons (just don't think we've improved enough roster wise to get out)
Raiders
Tigers
Bulldogs

Crush

Coach
My predictions? I reckon the Titans will improve this year with a new coach. Roosters won't have the same drive to win, will still make finals but not top four. Penrith, Newcastle and Sharkies to decline massively. Dragons to improve on last season allowing the board to offer supercoach another extension.

1.Storm
2.Manly
3.Parra
4.Raiders

13.Newcastle
14.Dragons
15.Penrith
16.Warriors
Funny, a lot of us had Manly in top 4, finishes in bottom 4.
Oh and Penrith won the minor premiership lol

Crush

Coach
Don't get any of the hype for souths personally, think they're a chance to miss finals again. Wighton is a good signing but there's no winger who can take the hard carries and make any metres out of the back field. Campbell Graham gone for 6 months who could've helped in that department. Latrell can't stay on the field, nor does he take the tough carries. Cook is absolutely washed up. Their middle isn't very strong either. Very very beatable team in my opinion with a game plan against them that writes itself.

Top 4
Panthers
Roosters
Broncos
Cowboys

Bottom 4
Raiders
Tigers
Bulldogs
Latrell will have a big year, Jack will add a lot too. Their forward pack is fine and a bit tough on Cook.
On the Cowboys, a bit of work to do, they finished 11th last year and haven’t signed anyone have they?

Parko1310

Juniors
Latrell will have a big year, Jack will add a lot too. Their forward pack is fine and a bit tough on Cook.
On the Cowboys, a bit of work to do, they finished 11th last year and haven’t signed anyone have they?
If Latrell stays on the field he will always provide impact. The issue is he isn't fit enough to play at fullback and is hence always injured. I've held the opinion Cook is finished for the last two seasons, he just isn't as good as people make him out to be in my view. When you look at their forwards, they genuinely aren't fine. Sean Keppie is a chance to start in the front row, Tom Burgess being busted. They've got enough talent through Tallis Duncan and Burgess off the bench for example to be competitive in the middle, but they won't dominate. Again, with Graham injured it's going to be Munro and Johnston on the wings. Neither of those two are good at doing the tough stuff out of their end, which is why the game plan is simple against them: kick early, pin those guys in the corners and make their sub-par forward pack turn around and tire them out, leading to even less impact from them. Cook's only strength is then nullified if his team is on the back foot. They're a mid-table side for me, somewhere between 7th-11th.

The Cowboys underachieved last year for mine. Payten's a good coach. I reckon Maloney will get the attack moving as it should. Forward depth is insane. Great hooker, five eighth and a good attacking fullback. Holmes, Taulagi, Taumalolo should have better years than last. Plus it shouldn't take them long to figure out Townsend shouldn't be there. They've got a very good team that simply underachieved for mine and I'd be surprised if they didn't at least significantly improve.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
I don't rate Canberra, think Stuart needs to go, generally his teams go through cycles with him, 1 good year followed by 3 or so shit years, its down cycle time..
Dogs as well, if they have a slow start to the season, the pressure will be immense, i look forward to that..
Wests Tigers, will have awesome games and horror games, horror games will win out and they will find themselves in bottom 4
The other spot in the bottom 4 will be fought by Knights, Souths, Titans, Dragons, each team has its positives and negatives, my pick is the Knights, don't rate their coach, they were lucky to make semi's last year, went on a winning streak also think Ponga will be out with a head knocks during the year, on a side note with Ponga and also with Keary if they suffer 1 or 2 head knock during the year, i think NRL should stand them down for 2 months minimum for their own safety...
Top 4, i just don't want the Panthers to win 4 on the trot, this BS that some media personalities going on about their achievements as equaling the 11 year streak of the Dragons is CRAP..
Panthers
Broncos
Roosters
Storm

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Funny, a lot of us had Manly in top 4, finishes in bottom 4.
Oh and Penrith won the minor premiership lol
Manly still have a good enough side to beat anyone on their day, but can they string a bunch of wins together? Parra and Souths in the same boat. Storm to decline, but then I say that every year. Knights and Warriors to revert to type and fall down the ladder. Dolphins & Dragons to improve but not top 8. Cowboys, Manly and either Eels or Souths to sneak into the 8.

Bottom 4 is tricky. Of last years bottom 4 sides, Dragons and Titans have new ex-grand final winning coaches, Dogs have bought up every available utility player, and Tigers have changed their entire Board. I'm interested to see which strategy gives the most improvement. I'm guessing the Dragons and Titans strategy will work better than the Dogs and Tigers.

And so with no confidence whatsoever:
My Top 4 - Panthers, Broncos, Sharks, and Roosters.
My Bottom 4 - Tigers, Dogs, Raiders, Knights

Top 4
Panthers
Roosters
Broncos
Cowboys

Bottom 4
Raiders
Tigers
Bulldogs
The biggest issues with Souths is they aren’t fit enough. Doesn’t just cause injuries, but if you stay in the wrestle and tire them, they get frustrated and beat themselves. Does JD have enough gravitas to flog them this pre-season, or do the inmates run the asylum. I think it is the latter and look forward to the first week of the season with Latrell running out with cigarette in hand and his belly rolling down over his shorts, and Mick Ennis drooling about ‘he looks fit and primed for a big year’…

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
For what its worth in no order
Top 4 - Penrith, Warriors, Souths, Roosters
Bottom - Dragons, Tigers, Dogs & Dolphins (Raiders close 13th)

blacksafake

First Grade
Injuries will always play a part but for me

Top 4
Roosters
Panthers
Cowboys
Broncos

Bottom 4
Tigers
Raiders
Dogs