What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Topsy turvey

jeffdragon

Bench
Dragons warriors on top .
Tigers going well .
Broncs ,cows ,storm down so far.
Hope i dont speak to soon with the saints, hope we can keep on strong.
Wil have to lose .sooner or later.

Strange season.
But then the Storm without Cronk are a different side, does make you wonder how good Cronk made Slater and Smith look.

Cowboys are always up and down, rely too much on thier forwards, if they aren't on song they go backwards.

Tigers have recruited well, it's obvious now that out of the players they lost, Brooks was the one to keep, well done there.

I saw photos in the off season of the Warriors doing road work, everyone knew if they could get fit and stay focus they would be hard to beat, maybe know they have the coach to do that.

Dragons, well we've been here before eh?

ouryears

Bench
Strange season.
But then the Storm without Cronk are a different side, does make you wonder how good Cronk made Slater and Smith look.

Cowboys are always up and down, rely too much on thier forwards, if they aren't on song they go backwards.

Tigers have recruited well, it's obvious now that out of the players they lost, Brooks was the one to keep, well done there.

I saw photos in the off season of the Warriors doing road work, everyone knew if they could get fit and stay focus they would be hard to beat, maybe know they have the coach to do that.

Dragons, well we've been here before eh?
That's it, I am going to have to start tipping against Storm and Broncos ... and start tipping Newcastle, Warriors and Tigers in our work tipping contest from now on.

Storm and Broncos cost me big time this year, time to join the form guide instead of how things used to be.

Thank goodness the dragons have given me 5 from 5

Last edited:

TomRedVRiver

Bench
It's becoming a f**king AFL season. No such thing as a favourite any more, any team can win on their day. It's great to see.

Not so great for my tips though, I'm bottom of the ladder in my comp. I'm nervous for the nudie run.

Gareth67

First Grade
Wonderful to see the teams rated - an outside chance and those rated no chance - showing great early season form . More so the fact that as each week passes and these lesser lights of the competition continue to win matches , then that's an extra game the top dogs will need to make up if they are to play semi final football .

And to see see the Storms master coach Bellamy ripping his hair out in sheer frustration when things do not go his way made me shed a tear or two . And what about that bloody tiger Packer tearing the Melbourne pack a new back passage . I could go on but I am sure that you gents would share my delight at the state of the competition ladder as it is at the moment and hopefully so will the NRL itself , as the game can only thrive if all teams can truly compete equally.

Last edited:

FlameThrower

Bench
Greg Alexander stated that Thurston looks to have gone 1 year too many ... they made a big deal of it on Fox post game show, then someone mentioned it to JT ‘live’ at Cowboys press conference. JT just replied ‘ he is entitled to his opinion ‘
Then they threw back to Fox Studios and there was like a 5 second awkward pause .. with the post game panel .. Alexander again repeated he believes he has gone one season too many and knowhere near the player he was ....

Crush

Coach
Greg Alexander stated that Thurston looks to have gone 1 year too many ... they made a big deal of it on Fox post game show, then someone mentioned it to JT ‘live’ at Cowboys press conference. JT just replied ‘ he is entitled to his opinion ‘
Then they threw back to Fox Studios and there was like a 5 second awkward pause .. with the post game panel .. Alexander again repeated he believes he has gone one season too many and knowhere near the player he was ....
I agree with Alexander

Crush

Coach
I worry about how origin and rep games will affect us. We are a team built on grunt, fitness and power. We don't have the Vanavuli or Rapana like players that can break a game open with flair.
If Frizzell, Vaugahan, JDB, Widdop, Graham, Hunt all get fatigued due to the energy that rep footy zaps out of them we will be in trouble.
I hate origin.

Dunno, I think the Cowboys forwards have been poor this year, they don't seem to be bending the line like they used to.

ouryears

Bench
I agree with Alexander
I think the cowboys are struggling trying to work out who should be their master on the field.

Last year Morgan ran the team with JT out injured and now JT is back it's thrown Morgan's game out as well.

I am not ready to say JT is finished, let's not wake up a sleeping tiger by ruffling their pride.

Scott and their other big boppers are only making half the metres they used to, that's their problem as well.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Wonderful to see the teams rated - an outside chance and those rated no chance - showing great early season form . More so the fact that as each week passes and these lesser lights of the competition continue to win matches , then that's an extra game the top dogs will need to make up if they are to play semi final football .

And to see see the Storms master coach Bellamy ripping his hair out in sheer frustration when things do not go his way . And what about that bloody tiger Packer tearing the Melbourne pack a new back passage . I could go on but I am sure that you gents would share my delight at the state of the competition ladder as it is at the moment and hopefully so will the NRL itself , as the game can only thrive if all teams can truly compete equally.
Yes it's great to see Gareth and can only be good for the game. I feel that by seasons end, this will go down as the closest competition we have seen.
It will be easier to pick the Wooden Spooner than select a top 8 that will fluctuate regularly. So I tip Canberra to run 16th!

ouryears

Bench
I worry about how origin and rep games will affect us. We are a team built on grunt, fitness and power. We don't have the Vanavuli or Rapana like players that can break a game open with flair.
If Frizzell, Vaugahan, JDB, Widdop, Graham, Hunt all get fatigued due to the energy that rep footy zaps out of them we will be in trouble.
I hate origin.
Me too crush, hopefully selectors will overlook us, otherwise it's gonna be tough on our forward pack as you say.

ouryears

Bench
Yes it's great to see Gareth and can only be good for the game. I feel that by seasons end, this will go down as the closest competition we have seen.
It will be easier to pick the Wooden Spooner than select a top 8 that will fluctuate regularly. So I tip Canberra to run 16th!
I think the raiders have more going for them than Parra powerless!

BennyV

Referee
Scott and their other big boppers are only making half the metres they used to, that's their problem as well.
This is their biggest thing I think. Taumololo seems to be a bit tired, Scott isn’t himself and McLean is close to Woods in the overrated stakes (just not as soft).

Granville also seems to have gone downhill.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I think Canberra have made the semi's every second year over the last 8 years or so, they usually finish the even number year, 12, 14, 16 season winning most of their premiership matches. Then miss the semis in the odd number year. Lets see if the pattern continues?

Last edited:

Latest posts