What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toronto Wolfpack in League 1

Evil Homer

Staff member
Anyone found any highlights?
s7BGelj.gif

IntRLEnthusiast

Juniors
Cannot believe Fox has not picked this up, They have a 24 hour channel now!!! And all tonight i can watch replays of NRL 360 and The Matty Johns show!! I simply cannot believe the short sightedness! If anything is going to knock the NRL of it's perch it's the whole short sightedness of the focus of the people in power in RL in Aus!

8Ball

First Grade
Full game is on their official youtube channel now (also on their site).

Love how they have a Canadian voice pre-game

The Wolfpack seems to be getting a lot of coverage in Canada

Last edited:

taipan

Referee
Great news to report.The Wolfpack is not only getting coverage in Canada.
Have Foxtel and one of the the TV stations included in the deal is Al Jazeera (Arabian broadcaster home base Doha) broadcasting to not only the Middle East but elsewhere.
At approx 9.55pm on their news tonight, they did a story about Toronto v London scholars.

1) They interviewed Perez one of the owners,who gave rugby league a huge rap.Saying he was blown away when he first watched it.
2) They interviewed the Wolfpack's coach Paul Rowley who stated he would chase players from Canada ,USA and Jamaica.If it came down to a choice between two players of equal ability the Canadian would be chosen.
3) They interviewed a couple of the fans who attended some from Canada and Pommy land.They all agreed not was a great idea,having another team for abroad ,as it ads flavour and prevents staleness.
4) They showed part of the action and the eventual score.
In fact the stand for a small ground was full.

Rest assured we'll get the usual anti rl d*ckheads from other codes, having their passing shot.But this sort of money can't buy publicity craps on these cynics from a great height.

Jim from Oz

Juniors
Something similar was shown on ABC TV News 24 (the Australian ABC's 24-hour news channel) around early afternoon today.

I saw it while at work … the sound was down but it may have been the same report described above?

taipan

Referee
Something similar was shown on ABC TV News 24 (the Australian ABC's 24-hour news channel) around early afternoon today.

I saw it while at work … the sound was down but it may have been the same report described above?

Possibly.AL Jazeera does bring in a lot of Oz stuff at times.3 minutes coverage on a popular channel is sure worth something in terms of publicity.

deal.with.it

Juniors
I emailed them and got the following response:

Unfortunately we currently don’t have the rights to the Wolfpack games but it’s something we may look at next year.

Meanwhile, warratahs super rugby game attracts 14,000 viewers.

Fox are crazy for not getting French and Toronto rights. They could also buy the rights to WCQs and show replays. Especially if they're gonna simulcast the WC.

And they have the audacity to say they would support an NRL game in the USA if it was good for the game and promoted the game internationally.

f**k me.

jim_57

Staff member
https://www.torontowolfpack.com/201...bc-sports-another-canadian-broadcast-partner/

(Toronto) The Toronto Wolfpack have confirmed that CBC Sports will be broadcasting all of the team’s league matches for the 2017 season. All matches will be available live and on demand at cbcsports.ca as well as on the CBC Sports app for iOS and Android devices within Canada.

Toronto Wolfpack CEO Eric Perez had this to say on the announcement: “We are excited to have Canada’s national public broadcaster aboard for our inaugural season. The future of television includes online content and CBC Sports has embraced this by providing an excellent platform for Canadians coast to coast to enjoy programming. We are proud to partner with CBC Sports, where fans can expect some spine tingling action in 2017.”

“We are pleased to provide coverage of the Toronto Wolfpack’s 2017 season to Canadians through our digital platforms,” said Greg Stremlaw, executive director, CBC Sports, and general manager, Olympics. “This is a thrilling sport and we are looking forward to sharing the game with new and existing audiences across the country.”

The first League 1 match to be broadcast via the CBC Sports app and cbcsports.ca, on Sunday March 26, 2017 at 3:00PM BST and 10:00AM EDT when Toronto plays the Keighley Cougars in Keighley, UK.

About CBC Sports

CBC/Radio-Canada is Canada’s Olympic Network and is committed to showcasing high-performance athletes and sports across all platforms, including Canadian athletes and their international competitors. CBC Sports prides itself on ensuring Canadians always know the athletes who represent them before they see them atop the podium

jim_57

Staff member
CBC is a pretty massive link up, even if it is only livestream. It creates a partnership which could lead to TV coverage down the line.

Yet elsewhere I've read that the Wolfpack won't be allowed in to Super League by other club bosses and that they are probably a money laundering scheme for the Mafia.. :oops:

Heritage XIII

Juniors
CBC is a pretty massive link up, even if it is only livestream. It creates a partnership which could lead to TV coverage down the line.

Yet elsewhere I've read that the Wolfpack won't be allowed in to Super League by other club bosses and that they are probably a money laundering scheme for the Mafia.. :oops:

yeah why have the Wolfpack when they can enjoy 7000 at Leigh for a local derby :rolleyes:

Pommy

Coach

I don't think other club bosses get a say do they? It's promotion and relegation if your good enough your in.

jim_57

Staff member
I don't think other club bosses get a say do they? It's promotion and relegation if your good enough your in.

Was a bit of a joke comment mate, on another forum I've seen comments about how they won't make it to Super League because club bosses won't allow it and Catalans are only a "guest". Someone even went to the effort of suggesting that it was too good to be true and the club could well be a money laundering operation.

deluded pom?

Coach
Was a bit of a joke comment mate, on another forum I've seen comments about how they won't make it to Super League because club bosses won't allow it and Catalans are only a "guest". Someone even went to the effort of suggesting that it was too good to be true and the club could well be a money laundering operation.
Ah, the fantasy land that is the TRL forum.

Latest posts