What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tottenham Hotspur: "To Dare Is To Do"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eelmatta

14 million pounds for Palacios bwahahaha:lol: he's alright but nothing that special, I guess over inflated prices are running rampant in EPL

Tom Shines

First Grade
exactly fishy, we should be more than mid table

look at the money we have spent V. what we have achieved

we have spent and scouted poorly and we have generally been big spenders

its a frustrating team to follow but what the hell, they are my team

Welcome to my world...

Mong

Post Whore
exactly fishy, we should be more than mid table

Nah that's about your position.. Somewhere behind the mighty Hammers..

Had to laugh at this quote

West Ham's chief executive Scott Duxbury, told The Independent yesterday: "I'll go on record and say I want to avoid selling any of our best players to Tottenham ever again. I don't want to. Why should I? They are our local rivals. It would be a slap in the face for our fans. I want to finish above Tottenham. We did it last year and want to do it this year and every single year. It's nothing against Tottenham."

Nothing against Tottenham indeed..Nice work SD

Mong

Post Whore
Spurs to offer cash and Bent for Carlton Cole??

Bent is stuffed now, the Spurs curse strikes..

I'd much rather Englands next striker Carlton Cole :)lol:) then Bent..

We will not sell to Spurs, CC is a champ and he's ours..

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
dont know where you head that one ?

CC is hardly an improvement

Bent is definitely for sale tho

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
sorry I should have qualified my previous post

yeh, he's an improvement on Bent but not Pav or JD

I really hope we dont get him

bloody harry seems to think all players must have EPL experience but he only targets mediocre players that will never improve our position on the ladder

Mong

Post Whore

bloody harry seems to think all players must have EPL experience but he only targets mediocre players that will never improve our position on the ladder

You won't get him..

We won't sell to your lot apparently.. :lol:

Harry as always been like that, it wasn't that long ago that some in here were laughing that Hammers needed "a harry"..

That bubble didn't last long did it.. *cough cough Jimbo cough cough*

Tommy Smith

Referee

It's a symptom of managing small Premier League clubs looking for survival for 15 years. Namely Southamptom, West Ham and Portsmouth. Sam Allardyce has the same disease.

The players Harry wants would be great for a club like Portsmouth with their ambition, but not Tottenham.

Tommy Smith

Referee
'arry continuing to "buy back the farm."

Meanwhile, Sunderland defender Pascal Chimbonda is on his way back to Tottenham after just six months on Wearside.

It is understood that the 29-year-old Frenchman is having a medical and holding talks with his former club on Monday after the Black Cats agreed to let him go.

Sunderland boss Ricky Sbragia said: ''Since he came to the club, he has struggled to settle into the club. We had the opportunity of maybe making things a little bit happier for him.

''He's down in London; he is having a medical down there. But if it doesn't work out, we will be pleased to see him back. He's a good player. He played extremely well on Saturday, and we knew they [Spurs] had a scout there.

''He's a good player but he just had issues with himself and he has struggled, really from day one, to get things going at the club. It was an opportunity for him and for the club, and we will wait and see what happens.''

It is something of a strange move for Tottenham, having already recruited three right-backs at the cost of over £20m in Alan Hutton, Vedran Corluka and Chris Gunter.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=612891&sec=transfers&cc=3436

Pascal Chimbonda, huh? Onwards and upwards i suppose#-o

So how is the mood amongst Spurs fans regarding ole 'arry atm Twiz? Are they happy with his recruitment targets?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
'arry continuing to "buy back the farm."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=612891&sec=transfers&cc=3436

Pascal Chimbonda, huh? Onwards and upwards i suppose#-o

So how is the mood amongst Spurs fans regarding ole 'arry atm Twiz? Are they happy with his recruitment targets?

his targets just seem to be mediocre players

some are happy with Chimbonda coming back as he was sold to finance another deal but I'm not a fan.

He is only a squad player, Hutton is our No 1 right back and he's been out all year.

some people expect another 2 transfers in the next week

in all harry's rantings atm, he really is pissed off at what he call a "miss-mash", he wants to sell about 3/4s of the squad, including Modric who he says is too small for the premier league, also Gomez will be gone in the summer

fish eel

Immortal
Spurs have a good squad.

Harrys rantings are all about Harry.

If Spurs do OK, Harry will look great because he did it with this mish mash.

If they bomb, wasnt Harry's fault. He inherited a mish mash afterall....

Tommy Smith

Referee
his targets just seem to be mediocre players

some are happy with Chimbonda coming back as he was sold to finance another deal but I'm not a fan.

He is only a squad player, Hutton is our No 1 right back and he's been out all year.

some people expect another 2 transfers in the next week

in all harry's rantings atm, he really is pissed off at what he call a "miss-mash", he wants to sell about 3/4s of the squad, including Modric who he says is too small for the premier league, also Gomez will be gone in the summer
LOL He's a football player not an NFL wide receiver. I dont think Zola was too small, or countless others. He just needs to be used right.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
and this mornings British press are suggesting Robbie Keane is the next Spur to come home, although harry doesn't agree with them

Harry Redknapp offers Robbie Keane escape route from Liverpool

(Lee Smith/Action Images)
Robbie Keane was left out of the Liverpool squad for the FA Cup fourth-round tie with Everton
Oliver Kay, Football Correspondent and Oliver Kay
Robbie Keane has been offered a potential return ticket to Tottenham Hotspur as he faces up to an increasingly uncertain future at Liverpool after his £20.3 million summer move.

The Ireland forward has featured in only six of Liverpool’s past 12 matches in all competitions and, to the astonishment of some at the club, was left out of the 18-man squad for the FA Cup fourth-round tie at home to Everton on Sunday, with David Ngog, who has never started a Barclays Premier League match, preferred among the substitutes.

The latest snub has left Keane, 28, more concerned than ever about his long-term prospects at Anfield and, while he intends to stay and fight for his place, Harry Redknapp, the Tottenham manager, has indicated an interest in taking him back to White Hart Lane, whether in this transfer window or at the end of the season.

Redknapp has already re-signed two former Tottenham players this month, with the return of Jermain Defoe from Portsmouth followed by that of Pascal Chimbonda from Sunderland yesterday and he indicated that Keane would be a target if Liverpool are willing to cut their losses on the forward.

RELATED LINKS
Agger delay adds to Anfield confusion
Gerrard comes to rescue again
Liverpool want to get back to business
Manchester City also showed a vague interest in Keane this month, but they have since signed Craig Bellamy from West Ham United, so Tottenham would be in pole positionshould their former crowd favourite become available. “I wouldn’t sit here and say I wouldn’t like to have Robbie Keane at my club because I would be a liar if I did,” Redknapp said. “But he belongs to Liverpool, so it is not an option, unfortunately. As a player and a person I have a lot of time for Robbie Keane. I think he’s fantastic.”

While Redknapp’s statement may appear to rule out an imminent approach for Keane, he made similar public overtures while canvassing whether Portsmouth would be willing to sell Defoe. As with that transfer, the structure of the original deal may work in Tottenham’s favour. They are likely to offer Liverpool a small sum while waiving the balance of approximately £10.8 million that is outstanding on the July agreement. Liverpool may prefer an exchange deal, with a player such as Aaron Lennon or Gareth Bale moving in the opposite direction.

Keane is determined to make things work at Liverpool, the club he supported as a boy, but he is known to be disappointed by his position amid concerns that he may be a victim of the power struggle between Rafael Benítez, the manager, and Rick Parry, the chief executive. While Benítez was glad to sign Keane, he was less happy that Parry and his fellow board members pushed through the deal while refusing to support him with a bid to sign Gareth Barry, his prime target, from Aston Villa.

The tension between Benítez and Parry has increased in recent weeks, with the board rejecting the manager’s request to be given full control of transfer policy as he sought a redefinition of his role during his contract negotiations.

There have been suggestions that Benítez is trying to make a point while hoping to reopen contract talks with the club’s owners, Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr, who are on Merseyside this week. Benítez, though, has said that Keane’s omission from the squad against Everton was a football decision, with Ngog preferred on the basis of his form in the reserve team.

Contrary to reports that Keane refused to attend the match in protest at his omission, the player reluctantly accepted Benítez’s decision and trained with his team-mates yesterday. He hopes to be involved away to Wigan Athletic tomorrow evening and firmly expects to stay for the rest of the season, but, having lasted 90 minutes in only five of the club’s 34 matches in all competitions this season, his role under Benítez appears increasingly peripheral.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article5594535.ece

Tommy Smith

Referee
Oh well Twiz, things could be worse. Instead of Redknapp you could have Benitez.

Who apparently thinks Dirk Kuyt is a better option up front than Keane. It seems as though some managers dont place enough importance on, you know, scoring goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts