What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trade old rugby league videos

bluesbreaker

Bench
Anyone know what the format was for 2002 for these games?

What about Origin or international games? Any help would be appreciated.

bluesbreaker

Bench
Is there a reason why these streaming WMVs turn into crap at half time? Is it an error in my download, or are they all like that when you're using Net Transport? :(

gregstar

Referee
Bring back John Fifita said:
Anyone know of somewhere I can get the 87 panasonic cup final St George vs Balmain?

"INTERCEPT!!!!!!!!!! AWAY GOES GORDON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
1988 final

got that on tape

sunny

The oldest original tape i have is the Channel 10 broadcast of the 1991 grand final, classic game. Some of the old ads on the tape are f**kin' hilarious too :D

sunny

True that re: '98- i remember the coach of the adelaide rams whingeing about how a game of his didnt have the video ref, whilst others did.

jamesgould

Juniors
Yeah, I was looking through Rugby League 1999 a while ago, and saw a Brasher quote going off about a bad call for Balmain coz there was no video ref for that game!

PARRA_FAN

Coach
1999 I think all matches were televised bar one. When they reduced the competition in 2000, it definately happened.

League is Footy

Juniors
Does anyone have a copy of the Illawarra v Balmain game played in Melbourne (optus Oval) in 1994 (Including post-match interviews?).

Hoggy

Bench
bluesbreaker said:
Is there a reason why these streaming WMVs turn into crap at half time? Is it an error in my download, or are they all like that when you're using Net Transport? :(

I've found it is best not to do anything else when I am downloading streaming video to my harddrive.

Hoggy

Bench
BTW

I'm after...
*1998 Round 20 (I think) Storm vs Newcastle at OP
*1998 Semi Final Storm vs Canberra at OP

Hoggy

Bench
bluesbreaker said:
So it's definately not a problem with the files?

Nah I sent an abusive email to Telstra one time and they said there was nothing wrong with the files, I tried again while I was busy doing something else and it was sweet.

BTW, you got my games I want? :p

bluesbreaker

Bench
Hoggy said:
Nah I sent an abusive email to Telstra one time and they said there was nothing wrong with the files, I tried again while I was busy doing something else and it was sweet.

BTW, you got my games I want? :p

Nah sorry mate, only game I have of Melbournes was the flogging of Saints back in 00. Do you know the format for the 2002 games on the telstra site? or the origin, or the internationals? :\

jamesgould

Juniors
Yeah, it takes a few attempts to download games, I've found. My internet isn't top speed though, which mustn't help.

For 2002, just change the year, round, and guess the game number.

Ghoulies

Bench
jamesgould said:
For 2002, just change the year, round, and guess the game number.
If you're after the game number just go here and choose the round & year you're after, then the games should appear in a list with the game number being how far they are from the top.

For example.... if I wanted to watch the round 11 clash between the Dragons and Broncos, I would see that the game is 7th from the top of the list, so I would then substitute 7 for the 1 in the URL given.