What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tre, due, uno vs Storm

bluefox68

Staff member
3. Gal - 80 mins (I think) against the undefeated Storm intent on revenge - Warrior!
2. Wade - fantastic game - 100% commitment!
1. Bird - best game for the Sharks (apart from the GF)...

coolumsharkie

Referee
4. Bird....finally played like a million bucks.
3.Wadeo.....Cronk will have nitemares of him tonight.
2.Seggy.....awesome 25 mins. Short kicking game was exceptional.
1. Gal...Fifi...Boogs all played well.

Yeah, not that I would give him 2 points coming off the bench but I've been saying since game 1 that we miss that type of play that Ennis did last year.

Seggy looked great, Brailey was great but lacks that part of attack at this point. Probably a coached thing but from what I see, looks like Seg will be used for impact off the bench from now on.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Yeah, not that I would give him 2 points coming off the bench but I've been saying since game 1 that we miss that type of play that Ennis did last year.

Seggy looked great, Brailey was great but lacks that part of attack at this point. Probably a coached thing but from what I see, looks like Seg will be used for impact off the bench from now on.
Agree....thought brailey was really solid again other than spilling that offload from Boogs at a crucial time. Some will call for Seggy to start aftet his impact today but I think Flanno is spot on. Seggy wouldn't have the same impact as he did today if he started.

chewsta

First Grade
Wade-o
Bird-o
& Jimbo - for flattening Slater with a fair tackle and then fighting the biggest human in the stadium.

sandshark

Bench
not many good performances, pretty sloppy out there.
1. Bird- Kept trying all night
2. Graham- Read Bird.
3. Maloney- Read Graham & Bird.

Eion

First Grade
Feef
Wade
Gal

Won in the forwards, despite a horrendous penalty count, just smashed them. Birdy was great, jimjim class. They were all good, great win.

bluefox68

Staff member
not many good performances, pretty sloppy out there.
1. Bird- Kept trying all night
2. Graham- Read Bird.
3. Maloney- Read Graham & Bird.
You're dreaming - that was an awesome, captivating performance, where we beat the undefeated Storm, beat them at AAMI Park for the 1st time EVER, beat them in Melbourne for the 1st time since 2008, and held them tryless for the first time ever (against any team) at AAMI Park.

3. Gallen Grabbed them all & said come with me.
2. Wado, our Captains apprentice, said cmon kunnys.
1. cuckoo. Runs like one. Nobody knows what the f**k to do. irreplaceable.

wibble

Bench
3 Bird- looked like he could easily play as a wide running lock, very tough

2 Gallen- still unbelievable form, forget Smith's "most wins" (with help from their Salary Sombrero), Gal must be right up there in terms of most number of matches he has been in the top 3 players on the field, even through wooden spoon years (though to be fair, Smith would give him a run for that one)

1 Graham- Cronk looks like he really hates playing against us. Maybe that rules us out of getting him, but maybe he'd rather play beside Graham next year than against him!

Chimp

Bench
3. Wade for his first big hit on Cronk
2. Wade for his 2nd smash of Cronk
1. Waddey Boy for his 3rd mayhem maker to the departing Cronk.

There's something really satisfying about watching a team employ the oldest trick in the book of absolutely belting the opposition half back at every opportunity and being successful - it's even more enjoyable when it's us, and even more so when it one of those purple 'good humans'....

Chimp

Bench
And just to add, whilst Cronk gets all the plaudits for his career and the player he is - belting him works.... yet our Jimmy comes in for that sort of treatment week in, week out, and he just cracks on and gets the job done. That bloke is a born winner, and a top bloke too...