What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trent Hodkinson

hellteam

First Grade
How much do you Manly fans rate this guy?

Not sure how much you Sydney based fans would have seen him play, but I've been watching him quite a lot in the Qld Cup playing for Sunny Coast and he's impressed me immensely, pretty much carried Sunny Coast into the semi's. He's big physically and he could easily be playing first grade for some clubs.

To tell you the truth I don't think it will be too long until Hodkinson passes Orford as Manly's number one halfback.

Thoughts?

How much do you Manly fans rate this guy?

Not sure how much you Sydney based fans would have seen him play, but I've been watching him quite a lot in the Qld Cup playing for Sunny Coast and he's impressed me immensely, pretty much carried Sunny Coast into the semi's. He's big physically and he could easily be playing first grade for some clubs.

To tell you the truth I don't think it will be too long until Hodkinson passes Orford as Manly's number one halfback.

Thoughts?
Possibly the form player in the Qld cup.I just hope he hangs around til Ox calls it quits.Hokko and Foran would be a good halves pairing.

BURT

Juniors
Was a parra junior and I know that a lot of fans were upset to see him go. Watched him a few times and is heading for NRL 100%. Will be a classy player

Hopefully when he pulls on that Manly jumper though he struggles LOL

Dutchy

Immortal
Been watching him closely for 2 seasons now. I would have liked him too take Orfords spot for the 09 season, but I have always been a hater of Orford..

Had to be the number one player in the QLD Cup this year. Hopefully we dont re-sign and Orford. Hokko to first grade and Cherry-Evans to QLD Cup.

clipser

Juniors
Orford has had his time... time to blood the future players.. give Foran his 5/8th spot and allow him to actually be a play maker. However i think Trent is still a season or 2 away

APRIL BELLE

Juniors
Was a parra junior and I know that a lot of fans were upset to see him go. Watched him a few times and is heading for NRL 100%. Will be a classy player

Hopefully when he pulls on that Manly jumper though he struggles LOL

It could be that he will be back at Parra before you know it. Mightn't see out his current contract.

andrew057

First Grade
Ive heard whispers the Cowboys are going to have a huge run at him when hes off contract.

Daddycool

Juniors
I hope he stays but if they resign Orford, they don't deserve to keep him.

He had to have been recruited as a potential back-up for Orford in order to cover all eventualities, ie. injury and ultimately succession.

Well, that point has come. By all accounts he had a terriffic season in the QLD cup, leading them to a premiership. What else can he do?

Didgi

Ive heard whispers the Cowboys are going to have a huge run at him when hes off contract.

I have heard the same sort of things, but there seem to be whispers that the Cowboys are signing everyone :). I only saw him in the QLD Cup Semis and Final, where he lead them to the premiership against my team the Pride, but what I saw impressed me - He was playing well in the big games, and that is a large improvement on what Orford does. He would make a quality replacement for Thurston should he leave, or even could be switched to five-eight.

He probably deserves to have played 1st grade before now, but with Manly's loyalty to Matt Orford, and Orford staying reasonably fit, he hasnt received the widespread recognition that he deserves. Could probably form a good partnership with Kieran Foran in years to come, if he sticks with your club (which hopefully he doesnt ;-)).

eagles4eva

First Grade
I have heard the same sort of things, but there seem to be whispers that the Cowboys are signing everyone :). I only saw him in the QLD Cup Semis and Final, where he lead them to the premiership against my team the Pride, but what I saw impressed me - He was playing well in the big games, and that is a large improvement on what Orford does. He would make a quality replacement for Thurston should he leave, or even could be switched to five-eight.

He probably deserves to have played 1st grade before now, but with Manly's loyalty to Matt Orford, and Orford staying reasonably fit, he hasnt received the widespread recognition that he deserves. Could probably form a good partnership with Kieran Foran in years to come, if he sticks with your club (which hopefully he doesnt ;-)).

I do think it's time to blood a young and exciting half, saying that Ox is the team and premiership captain

Bazal

Post Whore
Orford will be resigned - apparently the terms of the 3rd year options are still to be sorted.

There is some talk that Hodkinson wants a release to rejoin Parra.

It's more than talk...he's a Parra boy at heart and if Robson goes will be a huge chance to return as early as next year.

If Manly can hang on to him though, he'll be a permanent post Orford fixture and a great 7

Pricey73

Juniors
Another player stuffed by a player manager,.

As most of us Parra fans will say, he should never have left, but if you believe everything your manager tells you will happen, sometimes you get burnt. Not sure if he will get a release or if there is room where he wants to go (home).

Manly 4ever

Juniors
Trent named in the Manly 25 first grade player list for 2010. Doubt he will be going anywhere now that Matt Orford has gone

APRIL BELLE

Juniors
Mail out of the camp is that Foran is Hasler 's choice for the 7 jersey. Hodkinson will be starting the season again playing for Sunny Coast .

Avenger

Immortal
Mail out of the camp is that Foran is Hasler 's choice for the 7 jersey. Hodkinson will be starting the season again playing for Sunny Coast .

I watched him closely in the lower grades at Parra. He was sensational and better then Mortimer and would have played first grade before Daniel had he stayed.

He will either kick on at Manly or come back to us if we fail to secure Mortimer beyond 2010.

Latest posts