What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial V Mutts

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Sounds like a good performance. I'm liking this new look team.

So what is Cleary going to do with Ropati? Is he going to be a bench player of play in the centres. Or be left out all together?

I'm interested to know from the people who went to the game if they think Crockett should be one of our starting wingers?

ozbash

Referee
crockett is a bigger tougher prospect than paddy, he takes more to catch and pull down so i really dont know. Paddy slots into the team well tho.

JRo ? really dont know. He was on the bench last night and not doing warm ups, then at half time doc mayhew put him and russel packer through their paces. russell played, JRo stayed on the bench with a heavily strapped left hammy.

Cleary is blessed with options this year .

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Geez, I'm almost feeling sorry for Jerome Ropati. Who am I going to pick on this year??? Suddenly, I feel empty.

ozbash

Referee
hes very steady from the 2 times ive only seen him play. my one criticism is he stays out on his wing (hes a winger ? ). doesnt seem to go looking.

seems very safe and is real quick.

i liked mick hancock (hope thats who you meant), hard boy to tackle but i dont really see a lot of similarities between him and crockett.

So is Packer ahead of Rapira in the propping list Oz and Nutter

not yet, rapira is reliable, tho not earth shattering, and packer has the potential to be anything. i,d hate to see him get buggered up by being thrown in the deep end. kids only 17 or 18.

L NUTTER

Juniors
RHYTHM AND STEALTH said:
So is Packer ahead of Rapira in the propping list Oz and Nutter

cant speak for bash but sam is ahead at this stage
ditto to what bash said packer will excell in the premier grade
the kid has exceeded expectations after only a short time
just like anything...more time and conditioning he will make his presence known

its good to see sam and evarn lift
knowing the young ones are coming
more competition makes for a better and hungry unit

Captain Charisma said:
I'm interested to know from the people who went to the game if they think Crockett should be one of our starting wingers?

i think he should get the nod ahead of ahvan
offers more on attack and is sound on defence
ahvan coming back form injury would do better to bide his time in premier

and also in saying that depends on how cleary wants to rearrange his centres
to see who gets pushed out to accomadate the turnsdial of the halves
but i like the look of crockett fast, safe and finsihes well

dazza said:
have you heard anything on rubes injury? hope he`s ok for round 1.

cuz no news on him..after the game he looked weary but sweet
it was like it was pre-caution though he went hammer and tongs
he signalled to santa after the game and looked alright......

dazza said:
thanx for that nutter. you coming over for the titans game cuz? be good to catch up.

im heading across for a family function early april mrs wont let me front again cuz
no doubt you'll throw down the gauntlet when the lads venture into titan country

L NUTTER

Juniors
hey bash n ali great pixx guys

i had to visit the toilets quite alot due to my lil experts...bloody kids!!!
cant tell them to give it a squeeze now and then can i

(bash i knew you would appreciate hello sailor my nephew said W.T.F is this)

AliN

Live Update Team
L NUTTER said:
hey bash n ali great pixx guys

i had to visit the toilets quite alot due to my lil experts...bloody kids!!!
cant tell them to give it a squeeze now and then can i

(bash i knew you would appreciate hello sailor my nephew said W.T.F is this)

ha ha took the little one to the loo at the break and it looked to be every female was heading the same way. The facilities are brilliant, and no waiting at all.

I also converted our 12 year old to the music of Hello Sailor. Not a bad effort.
Mind you I enjoyed the band at the fan day just as much, if not more.

dazza

Staff member
L NUTTER said:
im heading across for a family function early april mrs wont let me front again cuz
no doubt you'll throw down the gauntlet when the lads venture into titan country

sure will cuz. you heading to brissy? i`ll pm you my numbers if you are. maybe we can catch up.

cheers dazza

B.A. Baracus

Juniors
OZBASH - What camera & lens did you use to take those snaps? Those are some quality shots there!

I'm dead keen to set myself up with some nice gear & start taking photos at game myself - but I don't really have a clue when it comes to SLR camera & lenses.

Cheers!

ozbash

Referee
B.A. Baracus said:
OZBASH - What camera & lens did you use to take those snaps? Those are some quality shots there!

I'm dead keen to set myself up with some nice gear & start taking photos at game myself - but I don't really have a clue when it comes to SLR camera & lenses.

Cheers!

its nothing flash BA, bought it from Harvey Norman, Canon Powershot S315. 6 mega pix.

we just make sure we dont use the digi zoom because they become blurry/grainey.

only cost $500 and you can pick them up much cheaper now.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Bloody hell, how old is Packer, 17 or 18? Looking at those photos of him he's an absolute monster, has the physique of most front rowers 5-10 years his senior and doesn't look like he's got the puppy fat most guys his size have at his age (remember Paleaesina and Tuimavave at that age?).

Martli

Coach
SpaceMonkey said:
Bloody hell, how old is Packer, 17 or 18? Looking at those photos of him he's an absolute monster, has the physique of most front rowers 5-10 years his senior and doesn't look like he's got the puppy fat most guys his size have at his age (remember Paleaesina and Tuimavave at that age?).

Yeah, he also looks like an angry, angry young man. I can't wait to see this guy play.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Martli said:
Yeah, he also looks like an angry, angry young man. I can't wait to see this guy play.

Normally that would worry me a bit, but looking at his academic/leadership record he seems to be something of a prodigy and looks like he has the brains to focus that aggression. Hopefully he lives up to his promise, I'd already say he's a very safe bet to be the Warriors youngest ever 1st grade debutante, he's not 18 til September, has anyone else made their debut before their 18th birthday?

Martli

Coach
SpaceMonkey said:
Normally that would worry me a bit, but looking at his academic/leadership record he seems to be something of a prodigy and looks like he has the brains to focus that aggression. Hopefully he lives up to his promise, I'd already say he's a very safe bet to be the Warriors youngest ever 1st grade debutante, he's not 18 til September, has anyone else made their debut before their 18th birthday?

Cooper vuna is the youngest person to play for the warriors so far, pretty srue he was under 18.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Thierry Henry said:
Vuna was only a month past 17! Will be hard to beat. He was only in 6th form at school.

Looks like Packer won't break that mark then as he's already about 17 & 1/2. Mind you Packer's a front rower and to play front row in the NRL at 17 is a lot rarer acheivement than to play wing IMO.