What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Um.. what do you call it ... thats right, THE DOGS CHOKED!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

maestro1

Bench
Saying the Bulldogs choked is not giving Parra enough credit, they lost Pattern early and they slugged it out with us to the final whistle. Great game by 2 very good sides. And well done to Hazem who has been a ornament to our great game.

Didn't the eels deserve credit against the Dragons....Why were the Dragons considered chokers. You know where the "choker" bullsh*t is coming from.....that FWIT Rothfield with his agenda against the Dragons where he "Negatively blogged" about the Dragons for 6 weeks in a major campaign because Bennett wouldn't talk to him. All the "mindless" twits that read that rubbish they pass of as sports journalism and mimic the message mindlessly...........Mindless telecrap readers........

maestro1

Bench
Comiserations to the Doggies and their fans, thanks for a great game.

To all the Saints Fans in here trying to pass on the chokers tag, forget it, your side have not won a farkin premiership for 30 farkin years and it don't even look likely for another 30.

ST Merge Illawarra are the biggest chokers in rugby league history and will always be remembered for their underacheiving ways.

I now know why poor Brian Smith cant win a premiership, it's because he first coached Illawarra and St George and caught the chokers disease.

maestro1

Bench
Umm, not everyone said that the Dragons chocked. Calm down princess.

C'mon Ridders, Rothfield's 6 weeks blogging was abysmal and uncalled for and I'm surprised he was allowed to continue his campaign. Even the most ardent Dragons hater mates of mine have admitted to me that Rothfield's agenda was the lowest sports journalism they have ever seen. All because Bennett won't talk to him.........

maestro1

Bench
Umm, not everyone said that the Dragons chocked. Calm down princess.

For the last 2 weeks I've heard nothing but "Chokers". Of course not everyone has called them chokers (because they aren't) but a HUGE majority of the mindless followers have.........

I know you posted that Saints just came up against two form teams and credit to you for that, but fair dinkum, when you have morons like Fein (whose team didn't even qualify), heaps of sharks supporters, and even roosters supporters giving it to you, you know something is out of wack. I've never, ever seen the supporter of a team that has just won the wooden spoon give it to supporters of the team that won the minor premiership....Until this season......

I even had some moron called "Isaac 1" (a roosters supporter) email me (I suppose he got my email from this forum) and give it to me in my personal email. This moron did the same thing after Manly beat us in 2008. I don't know this imbecile from a bar of soap and twice now he has done this. I know some other Dragons supporters from our old forum got emails from this d*ckhead as well. Both seasons.

maestro1

Bench
What does some hack journalist have to do with our club?

Nothing. Your club has done a great job this year. As has ours. Neither choked. They just met better teams on the given nights. The "choker" tag has been perpetuated by a lot of your fans. They even sang the choker song to our under 20's team at the game on Friday night. They have made up t-shirts with "Ckoke" on them.

I'm just giving as good as I have received. I have said before, teams don't choke, they just come up against bettre teams on the night.

Both the dogs and the dragons can be proud of their seasons.....

Ridders

Coach
Nothing. Your club has done a great job this year. As has ours. Neither choked. They just met better teams on the given nights. The "choker" tag has been perpetuated by a lot of your fans. They even sang the choker song to our under 20's team at the game on Friday night. They have made up t-shirts with "Ckoke" on them.

I'm just giving as good as I have received. I have said before, teams don't choke, they just come up against bettre teams on the night.

Both the dogs and the dragons can be proud of their seasons.....

Fair enough, i can agree with most of that. I just believe the choking tag is used to liberally these days by idiotic fans who fail to look at the circumstances. For the Saints, it doesn't help that the choking tag has almost become synonymous with your club. Both our teams simply faced the hotter team on the day, but that shouldn't take away from the great seasons both teams have had.

jimmythehand

Juniors
Meh, Dragons were playing badly for weeks leading into the finals. They were fading rather than choking. They peaked too early. I think the game against Melbourne was the turning point. Even in the penrith win the week later, we didn't look the same team. Jamie's goal kicking was off after he banged his leg against Melbourne. The Dragons came off the rails badly after having an excellent winning run through the middle of the year.

Choking is doing everything right, everything at the club is going well only to get to the big stage and then falling over. Things weren't going well at St George for weeks out of the finals. The Bulldogs had a good run into the finals, except for obviously noddy getting hurt. You drew a weak Newcastle week one, and he was back ready for this weekend.

that's exactly what the dragons did. Things were going great, then the press started talking about grand finals, the fans started singing 'oh when the saints' and the ceo was talking about tshirts. The Saints were on a pedestal. Pressure was too much and they choked on their season.

i think kimmorley had a pretty big choke, the rest of the dogs played just about to their best. Kimmorley was awesome all year but against the Eels he made some horrible decisions (most notably going for a f/g instead of a try) and his execution was terrible.

Last edited:

Ulysseus

Bench
I'm still waiting for the bloke who was called a "androtop" to stand up and actually accept the challenge.

Go get your fight club on in real life and post the results here.

STG-Dragon

Juniors
Fein, I don't give a f**k about the thread and I have no problem with your comments about the Bulldogs. What I am saying is I won't be entertaining a handbag duel between you and Dragons fans on the Bulldogs forum. You can take that little tiff elsewhere.

Mate don't waste your breath just ban the f**kwit!

LL3

Juniors
Mate you are f**king kidding, you cu#terbury fans are the pathetic ones, gave us a tonne of sh*t last week and now that it's your turn you can't take it f**king low life's!

What happened to the so called best team in league 8 of the 16 Dally M medals and also what happened to that so called dynasty your club claimed to be starting??? CHOKERS! :lol:

Here Here, ive been threatened with a ban due to listing the definition of a PRETENDER. ha ha

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Fein, LOYAL DRAGON - don't say you weren't warned. Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts