What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Underbelly: The Golden Mile

fightingirish69

Juniors
i think this series is ok guys, the police is stuff is really interesting.
the hollingsworth stuff is boring .

i honestly thought they would do series three about walsh street/ pettingills, lots of killings there. but series four wont even go there as its alledgedly about the fitzgerald enquiry.
as an ex -pat queenslander, who read the" road to fitzgerald " i think they are going to have make up a lot of stuff to make it exciting for tv. nothing much happened apart from police corruption, i dont think any major people were wacked.

Seriously, she has to be one of the ugliest looking actresses I've ever seen. She pours on the makeup so much so that she looks like a candle about to melt!

Haha! I wonder what the hell the producers were thinking when they cast her. She is fugly! Did they have to comply with some sort of equal opportunity thing to give ugly actors a chance? :sarcasm:

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Seriously, she has to be one of the ugliest looking actresses I've ever seen. She pours on the makeup so much so that she looks like a candle about to melt!

I actually think she's reasonably attractive disregarding the hooker makeup she wears. The girl just can't act to save her life. She's a hell of a lot better looking than the real thing

hollingsworth_narrowweb__300x450,0.jpg

gronkathon

First Grade
Are you kidding me? DK was a prominent figure in KK. Not as big as John Ibrahim or the Bayeh brothers, but he was definitely a big name. His genius plan was recruit teenagers to do the running for him - put the drugs in water-bomb balloons and hold in the mouth, walk to the destination, swallow the balloons if police want to do a frisk, regurgitate the balloons later.

He had runners working the Darlinghurst and Harry's areas and his main income came from Surry Hills. DK never had a prescence in the Cross

Bulldog Force

Referee
She's playing a f**king hooker, what the hell do you expect? :sarcasm:
Someone who looks more like a human, and less like a candle.
she really isnt that ugly.

lets face it, 100% of people on here would do her.
Make that 99% ;-)
Haha! I wonder what the hell the producers were thinking when they cast her. She is fugly! Did they have to comply with some sort of equal opportunity thing to give ugly actors a chance? :sarcasm:
I wouldn't even classify her as an actress tbh.
I actually think she's reasonably attractive disregarding the hooker makeup she wears. The girl just can't act to save her life. She's a hell of a lot better looking than the real thing

hollingsworth_narrowweb__300x450,0.jpg
Take 20 years off that and you might have someone who looks better than the candle on there right now!

Bulldog Force

Referee
I wouldn't trust the old Wiki as it is often innacurate in these matters
Dude, I know somethings in the show are fake, but it's a well known fact that most of DK's business was in the Cross. That's how he made all his money and dealt drugs.

FTR, this is the Underbelly scene I was talking about. GOLD :D

gronkathon

First Grade
I would disagree.

The majority of his business eminated from a distrubtion network in the inner west and inner south west.

I guess we just have our info from different places

Bulldog Force

Referee
they are f**kin dragging it to make it a series. Honestly, there isn't that much material there.
Events ranging from 1988-1999 and there's not much material in there? Thanks for your input.

The majority of the arguments on here are about how much FICTIONAL material is in the series, not how much actually happened in real life.

PJ

First Grade
Yes, the amount of fictional stuff is a problem, as a lot of it is starting to come across like summer bay.

My biggest gripe though is how boring it has become. Each week the promo looks like something good is about to happen next week and then all the good stuff was in the promo and f%^k all happens again.

THe characters are two dimensional and boring, the back story stuff they are putting in are ludicrous and cartoonish (for example the mother of Webb), nude shots simply for the sake of having one (probably the only thing I am not really complaining about) and the pacing is slow and ponderous with what could have been a good story becoming an uninteresting plot.

If it wasn't for how good the first one was I think this show would have dissapeared already. As is my wife gave up a couple of weeks ago and last night will see the end for me.

beave

Coach
it's sh*thouse compared to the first one, if not for the odd tit shot I wouldn't be watching. The storyline is as boring as bat sh*t.

This one is easily the worst of the 3. There is almost nothing there to work with. The Ibrahim story is alright, but it's just painting him out as some kind of superhero. The Hollingsworth story is incredibly boring, really they could've almost completely left her out of the show up until now. The police side of things isn't too bad, but still pretty meh. The drug dealers story is the most interesting, and even that is still pretty eventless. I'm giving it another couple of weeks, but I can get through it now because I am not really expecting much. I honestly prefer the second season to this one (the second season had good substance in my opinion it was just incredibly poorly executed).

Knightmare

Coach
I actually don't mind this one, perhaps because it is set during the time I was growing up in Sydney, and I remember driving through the 'Cross as a young bloke trying to spot the hookers on the street and laughing at the trannies. It kind of gives a background story to what was going on during that time in the shadows.

I do agree that it's very obvious John Ibrahim had quite an influence on the script. He has women poring over him and he never puts a foot wrong. I bet there is a LOT of dirt on old Johnny in real life.

Bulldog Force

Referee
The series looks to be on the home straight now. Getting interesting. Last nights episode was ok. The Police Woods Royal Commission has homed in on the corruption.

Bulldog Force

Referee
They aren't wasting anytime here. Last week saw Cadet Kim Hollingsworth. This week she was fired as constable :lol:

Latest posts