What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unpopular opinion on aaron woods

Pedge1971

First Grade
I would rather all of:

Fifita
Vaughan
Scott (injury and all)
Klemmer
Paulo
Packer
Bromwich
Graham
Sam Burgess (yep in front row)
Jordan Maclean
Maria Hargreaves
Napa

In no order before I would throw money at Woods. All play better, and lead their pack than Shazza. He is a great addition to a quality pack but as said above not a leader. He has good footwork, ability to put the opposition off step and get an offload. No doubt a good player but not the killer mongrel that I think most teams need.

In 2 years time I think Asofa Solomona and 1 or 2 of the Saifitis will also have gone past him and Shannon Boyd, Ryan James and Jarrod Wallace are also.already his measure.

Tiger5150

Bench
Hes a weird animal. He doesnt hit hard but he makes a ton of metres (Slowly). Many metres after contact. I have always suspected though that the part of his game that he seems very proud of is that he is so hard to get to the ground but I think that oppositions love it. He is obviously VERY hard to get to the ground but all it really means is a very long protected vertical dance/wrestle that is effectively the slowest play the ball in the history of RL. Im sure opposition defences love it because whilst three guys are getting up and personal with Sharon, the rest of them get time to dawdle back into position, have a rest, a drink and a smoke before he finally hits the deck on his back and gets to a PTB.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Yeah nah. He was very good in the opening 20 for NSW on Wed night.

More constructive to the ascendancy and win than our hb despite what our bipolar rooters friend(s) thinks......

OldPanther

Coach
Woods certainly isn't a bad player. He just isn't that good that he should be the first prop picked for nsw and Australia like he has been for the past 3 years.

He makes some great runs and can have a nice offload (although half the time they go to no one and the tigers lose 10m). However his defence is scratchy and he has the aggression of a neutered mouse.

Yeah if he could add a bit of grunt he'd be damn good.

Johns Magic

Referee
I would rather all of:

Fifita
Vaughan
Scott (injury and all)
Klemmer
Paulo
Packer
Bromwich
Graham
Sam Burgess (yep in front row)
Jordan Maclean
Maria Hargreaves
Napa

In no order before I would throw money at Woods. All play better, and lead their pack than Shazza. He is a great addition to a quality pack but as said above not a leader. He has good footwork, ability to put the opposition off step and get an offload. No doubt a good player but not the killer mongrel that I think most teams need.

In 2 years time I think Asofa Solomona and 1 or 2 of the Saifitis will also have gone past him and Shannon Boyd, Ryan James and Jarrod Wallace are also.already his measure.

Speaking of overrated players, Jordan McLean.

POPEYE

Coach
You really think he's Aus squad material yet?

Has potential and is getting there but still plays like a guy that needs to grow into himself.
Problem with Australian squad material is that the only real opposition is the Kiwis, most Aussie NRL forwards, like Vaughan for example, could play in a winning team against them

My previous post was just a bit of the usual facetious malarkey

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Lol. :arrow_up:

I do like the comparison someone made with Woods and Shannon Boyd.

Both big boppers. Both seem to do just enough to get selected.

Hopefully Boyd pulls his finger out.

Canard

Immortal
I wouldn't release Klemmer to get him though.

The Bulldogs have shat the bed there

OldPanther

Coach
I don't understand the Woods signing by the bulldogs at all.
He doesn't improve their forwards at all and it looks like at the very least it's forcing kausiano out and now maybe Klemmer.

I just heard about Klemmer asking for a release. Crazy if true.

McLovin

Staff member
1. It's true

2. Fk them

It's always a good day when the dogs fall apart.

Life's Good

Coach
Woods is decent for about a 20-30 minute spell. Sure he can attract a couple of defenders & offload but most props do that anyway. He just doesn't possess the grunt or stamina that a Scott, Graham, Vaughan etc. bring to the game. In my eyes there are plenty of props in front of him.

POPEYE

Coach
Lol. :arrow_up:

I do like the comparison someone made with Woods and Shannon Boyd.

Both big boppers. Both seem to do just enough to get selected.

Hopefully Boyd pulls his finger out.
Prolonged 2nd year syndrome, he'll snap out of it, something Woods can't count on

Radical Rat

Juniors
Meh...it's just popular to bash Woods at the moment. He's an excellent prop and would be in the top 2 or 3 at every single club.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
I just heard about Klemmer asking for a release. Crazy if true.

I would expect another third party, completely unaffiliated with the Bulldogs to be found, to pay the promised cash to Klemmer, (which wasn't really promised) from the other unaffiliated third parties just in time to keep Klemmer happy.