What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update on Development Issue

taipan

Referee
Leagues Club opening in 2023.....

Uh Oh...

Leagues club opening in 2023 ,what's another 12 months ,unless it's a premiership year.
From memory the Yanks built and sealed the road to the Caltex Refinery Kurnell , in matter of weeks, circa the 50s methinks.
The crossroads near Woolooware High seemed to take 12 months.Was that Council or NSW Main roads construction? Like counting all the sheep in N.Z. and their lovers.

bluefox68

Staff member
Good t
The licensed club is one to watch. Didn’t we do the developer a solid to allow them to ‘fast track’ the construction? Now there’s 12 months of trading we’ll miss out on.

at,

It would be great to hear that we will receive some monetary compensation for delays...?!?

But I'm not hopeful...

Eion

First Grade
Leagues club opening in 2023 ,what's another 12 months ,unless it's a premiership year.
From memory the Yanks built and sealed the road to the Caltex Refinery Kurnell , in matter of weeks, circa the 50s methinks.
The crossroads near Woolooware High seemed to take 12 months.Was that Council or NSW Main roads construction? Like counting all the sheep in N.Z. and their lovers.
Ha, the Empire State Building went up in 12 months 90 years ago.

Card Shark

Immortal
Anyone in the know have an inkling when the work starts on the Leagues club ,retail section on the car park?
When do they start on foundations ? Seems to be just lying idle for some time.
2022 NRL start there ,they need to get a move on.

Are you serious?

So after nearly 12 months since the last game, still no dirt turned on the construction?

Covid or no Covid....WTF!

taipan

Referee
Are you serious?

So after nearly 12 months since the last game, still no dirt turned on the construction?

Covid or no Covid....WTF!

The car park bitumen has been ripped up.
The dirt has been turned.The car park looks like a ploughed field.Whilst the developers are waiting ,they could have grown a crop of spuds there.
Lets face it, it was a rubbish tip once, the decomposed matter that exists would grow anything.

Quigs

Immortal
Does any part of it glow in the dark?

Now that would be the ultimate cronullafying

shaggs

Coach
Just so everyone knows, the agave in the pot, is still on the balcony of the smoking area.
It is thriving. Getting longer each day and pointing towards the morning sun.

Still alive. Whilst the agave is still alive the sharks are alive

Country Shark

Juniors
Does anyone know if the mooted çentre of excellence building that we supposedly received funding for is going ahead as part of all these re-developments? There were plans released that had the centre of excellence wrapping around the ET stand, The plans were quite impressive and would have really added to the stadium feel and presentation.

bluefox68

Staff member
Does anyone know if the mooted çentre of excellence building that we supposedly received funding for is going ahead as part of all these re-developments? There were plans released that had the centre of excellence wrapping around the ET stand, The plans were quite impressive and would have really added to the stadium feel and presentation.
Hey, mate - which part of the country are you from?

I love your spelling of 'çentre of excellence' - it makes it seem extra stylish... ;-)

taipan

Referee
Update: couple of likely looking fellas putting in fence posts, yesterday and today

Storm fencing to come down and permanent solid fencing in, so excavation can begin.

looks like the start of site make safe for digging.

I'll crack a wetty when I sight the first foundations laid for the retail and club section.It's taken ages.

bluefox68

Staff member
Nice, mate.

People on this forum get sick of me talking about the fact I lived for 11 years in Bathurst...

I love the place, mate, but work and family has me back in Brissie at the moment...

taipan

Referee

Griffith memories for me.
My sister and bro in law spent the bulk of their working lives in Griffith.Visited de Bortolis winery once .
Nice large country town.Canals everywhere.
Sadly sister buried there.

One of my faves is Kangaroo Valley, spent every annual holiday as a kid there ,made a lot of local friends ATT.
Became good mates with the son of the Barrengarry Store proprietor.

Later used to go there with mates and spend most of the day at the Friendly Inn(before breathalysers naturally),oldies had a weekender nearby.

Country people are the tops, genuine, can tell a BS artist when he enters the room.Give you the shirt off their back.