What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated Poll for Mary - Has he changed our minds?

How does everyone know feel about Mary for coach 9 Rounds in?

• Yes - Re-sign him for another couple of year

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • No - Get a new coach

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • Not yet - Wait till the end of the season

Votes: 50 64.9%

• Total voters

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I am still keen to wait till the end of the season. No rush as teams are not falling over themselves to get him.

See how he goes at the end of the year. If he makes the top 4, I would definitely take him. Top 8 - depends how they get there. No top 8, then sorry Mary but time to go.

Decision should be based on results.

Gomarchin

Juniors
there's no rush to re-sign him, and like I keep saying its not like we need to worry about another club signing him before we do. Wait til at least round 15 and then decide.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
As the season evolves, it will be good to see what decisions Mary makes as situations arise.

Of course, l may provide some monthly ridicule to appease oneself at his expense but I can't give an in depth informed view of the man until we need the end of the season.

I hope he succeeds .......... with the cattle we have, we should make a show of ourselves, barring injury of course.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I have s funny feeling that the wheels have fallen off as they will not win any games without Widdop. There is no back up plan in the halves and the backline defence will not be rectified as Mary does not think that it is a problem
as he has not addressed the players'
Inadequacies here or the hopeless goalkicking.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
With Cleary now signed up only real option is Demitriou.

At the end of 2015, Demetriou uprooted his young family, and relocated to Sydney. At 2016's end, he accepted an offer to join Brisbane. With this in mind, I'd like to know your reasoning in stating he is "the only real option" (especially when it became clear that the Dragons simply don't see him as a ready first grade coach)?

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Mary Mary Mary what will it take for you to play what's in front of you.Aitken needs to be moved to left right out .Milne the obvious replacement are you the only one who can't see what is patently obvious. Nighty we love you and you will stay in our hearts but we need speed speed speed there is any number of players that fit the bill,Herbert , field , Duffy what have you got to lose Mary . grow some balls and see what is in front of you

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I am still keen to wait till the end of the season. No rush as teams are not falling over themselves to get him.

See how he goes at the end of the year. If he makes the top 4, I would definitely take him. Top 8 - depends how they get there. No top 8, then sorry Mary but time to go.

Decision should be based on results.

I agree with you Slippery

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Mary is scared to upset the players and does not believe that young players should be given a go. After all he did not play NRL until he was 26. The verdict is still out.

Gandhi

Juniors
I have s funny feeling that the wheels have fallen off as they will not win any games without Widdop. There is no back up plan in the halves and the backline defence will not be rectified as Mary does not think that it is a problem
as he has not addressed the players'
Inadequacies here or the hopeless goalkicking.
Widdop did not make us. He aint thurston buster. He is widdop.

Coffs dragon

Bench
No hurry, wait until after the Origin period at least & see how the team is travelling then!! Maybe Management have valued his worth as Waterboy salary rather than Head Coach....on the Millward white board of strategic planning.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
No hurry, wait until after the Origin period at least & see how the team is travelling then!! Maybe Management have valued his worth as Waterboy salary rather than Head Coach....on the Millward white board of strategic planning.

I hear Waterboys are pulling big coin nowadays, not to mention a handful of lollies.
A decent Sandboy is going to cost you a dozen Paddlepops or more!
Don't start me on clipboard holders.

hazzbeen

Bench
What ever happens , this year I would want another coach with fresh ideas.The problem is where do we find one ...... ?

Latest posts