What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Use of the bench

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Does McGregor realise he has a bench of reserves to manage and call upon for each single match?

Postscript: the above is rhetorical,

All jokes aside, can Sele play some minutes at hooker to give McInnes a break?
Strikes me as having the same sort of build as Havili.
Im definitely advocating McInnes gets a break to boost his running game to compliment Hunt(I’ve said this a few times).
Maybe a little outside the square but why not Nicholls or Field on the bench.
Hunt gives McInnes a break at hooker and either of the above slot into the halves.
That way we could even become more potent instead of just stop gapping.

Langland's is not fit enough to defend himself and so I doubt he will ever be convicted. So without a conviction he cannot be found guilty.

Langlands, Billy Smith, Reg Gasnier and Johnny Raper are my all time favourite Dragons players. So it hurts me really bad to see Langlands in a bad place and not able to defend himself. None of us know the true facts and so I think we should just let it go.
Facts that are 40 years old...

Life's Good

Coach
Hunt gives McInnes a break at hooker and either of the above slot into the halves.

Of course that is possible. My only problem with that is we have been screaming for a genuine 7 and will then look to shift him to 9. This then begs the question who fills in at 7?
Personally, I will be mighty p*ssed if Hunt plays anywhere other than 7. That’s his position, that’s what he was recruited for and that’s why we are paying him big money.

possm

Coach
Of course that is possible. My only problem with that is we have been screaming for a genuine 7 and will then look to shift him to 9. This then begs the question who fills in at 7?
Personally, I will be mighty p*ssed if Hunt plays anywhere other than 7. That’s his position, that’s what he was recruited for and that’s why we are paying him big money.
Well if you believe that you should never weaken one position to strengthen another, it seems wrong to move Hunt to hooker. Hunt is by far the clubs best option for halfback. Field is not strong enough to defend in the middle and Robson still needs a little development before he can be considered. If a hooker rotation is needed, then Nicholls is the most logical choice. Maybe for the last 5 min of the first half and the first 10min of the second half. That gives McInnes 25min rest when you include the half time break.

Life's Good

Coach
Well if you believe that you should never weaken one position to strengthen another, it seems wrong to move Hunt to hooker. Hunt is by far the clubs best option for halfback. Field is not strong enough to defend in the middle and Robson still needs a little development before he can be considered. If a hooker rotation is needed, then Nicholls is the most logical choice. Maybe for the last 5 min of the first half and the first 10min of the second half. That gives McInnes 25min rest when you include the half time break.
That is my point. Weaken our 7 by playing him out of position due to lack of foresight around a back up 9.

red rocket

Juniors
Reckon Aitken could be the one to play off the bench there are a lot of options he can cover including hooker it would also allow Mann to play center and our wingers better be on their game because we have a couple of kids ready to pounce

giboz71

First Grade
The bench options as it stands with 29 players is plenty whether or not we want to play 4 forwards or an extra back. Adding another forward to the mix doesn’t really help us and I’m confident the likes of Sele, Leilua, Lawrie, Allgood and Latimore can fill the required spots along with Sims and Ah Mau.

We’re better off getting a rep caliber outside back that can play wing, centre or fullback. Johnstone or Gagai would have been ideal if they hadn’t signed elsewhere. Hopefully teams with cap issues will have to offload players.

Aitken can then become another bench option as he will likely end up in the forwards anyway.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
I tend to think DENNIS you leave hunt at half and from what I saw of Nicholls he might make a nice cover at hooker.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Facts that are 40 years old...
The first time I went to the Philippines I was 18 yrs old and still wet behind the ears.sitting in a bar in Zamboanga an old guy offered me his 2 daughters Susie and Kimmy .after a very enjoyable 2 weeks we returned the girls to daddy having found out Suzie was 14 and Kimmy 15 they had been friendly since they were 12 they both looked over 20 what's the message here ask for a birth certificate maybe ..... . .....

Crush

Coach
The first time I went to the Philippines I was 18 yrs old and still wet behind the ears.sitting in a bar in Zamboanga an old guy offered me his 2 daughters Susie and Kimmy .after a very enjoyable 2 weeks we returned the girls to daddy having found out Suzie was 14 and Kimmy 15 they had been friendly since they were 12 they both looked over 20 what's the message here ask for a birth certificate maybe ..... . .....
Might want to keep that story to yourself.