What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

v Parra

dikefalos

Juniors
caylo said:
Forwards we have it all over you guys, Cayless, Hindy compared to Kite and Watmough. I know who i'd rather. Then Ian, Wagon, Marsh, and Cannings have more go forward then the other retarts you guys have in your pack.
Bell and Lyon are good players, but seriously Benny will dominate both (depending on which side he plays) in defence. Inu and Hayne will also be hard to contain. You guys have stewart, we have burt, while burt is not in the same class he is inform. We have grothe, the best winger in the game. Bench we have Cordoba, and Mateo who have shown great impact, plus green and Taia, who have dominated PL for a few years. Taia put some nice hits on last week, and i think we will easly beat the mob of money hungry players, that line up in the so called 'Great Manly Club'.

PLUS
Timmy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Matt "choker" Orford

obviously parra is much better than manly look at the table were sitting 1st on 14 points & parra is comming 10th on 8 points. this due to a parras supporter low i.q. & an inability to do simple math would indicate to them that they have a much better football team & are having a far superior season thus far than manlys.

Parra Glory

Juniors
Mayor_Quimby said:
1 Luke BURT v Brett Stewart = Brett Stewart
2 Jarryd HAYNE v Michael Robertson = Jarryd Hayne
3 Ben SMITH v Steve Bell = Steve Bell
4 Krisnan INU v Jamie Lyon = Jamie Lyon
5 Eric GROTHE v Chris Hicks = on form Hicks
6 Brett FINCH v Michael Monaghan = Michael Monaghan
7 Tim SMITH v Matt Orford = Matt Orford
8 Nathan CAYLESS © v Jason King = Even
9 PJ MARSH v Matt Balin = Matt Balin
10 Aaron CANNINGS v Brent Kite = Brent Kite
11 Nathan HINDMARSH v Anthony Watmough = Nathan Hindmarsh
12 Ian HINDMARSH v Glenn Stewart = Glenn Stewart
13 Daniel WAGON v Luke Williamson = Even
14 Blake GREEN v Travis Burns = Travis Burns
15 Josh CORDOBA v Glenn Hall = Even
16 Zeb TAIA v George Rose = Even
17 Feleti MATEO v Mark Bryant = Feleti Mateo
19 Junior PAULO

Only 3 positions out of 17 are Parra stronger than Manly and they aren't in the important areas.

Manly by 20+

cmon mate, Jason King even with Nathan Cayless??? just compare their stats and you will understand what im saying.

Matt Baling over PJ?? surely not

Chris Hicks over Eric Grothe?? sure Erics form hasnt been that outstanding, but still week in week out he runs the ball up like a forward and always provides great go forward and dummy half runs. He is slowly getting back to last years form where he was selected for SOO and The Kangaroos

other than that however u seem to be spot on. But before making the comment that
'Only 3 positions out of 17 are Parra stronger than Manly and they aren't in the important areas.' you musnt forget that parra have Tahu, Riddell, Moi Moi, and Chad Robinson missing from the side(not that im making excused) but im sure they wouldnt line up against your side badly. Thats just my opinion. Perhaps we should get somebody that doesnt go for either parra or manly to do it.

eels4lyf

That sort of talk just confirms you are a little simple.

So you what happens if you worked with a Manly fan? You wouldnt talk to them and be a total wanker? I work with quite a few Parra fans and thank god they are not as thick and simple minded like yourself.[/quote]

Garts anyone who knows me, knows i am not like that and was simply said as a joke, i do admit though it would have come across the way it did. My mum is a passionate manly supporter and will be attending the game with me on friday night.

2 of my cousins will also be coming who are both manly supporters also. So yeah just added that for a bit of spice, but obviously didnt seem that way.

Good luck on friday night!!

Garts

Bench
eels4lyf said:
That sort of talk just confirms you are a little simple.

So you what happens if you worked with a Manly fan? You wouldnt talk to them and be a total wanker? I work with quite a few Parra fans and thank god they are not as thick and simple minded like yourself.

Garts anyone who knows me, knows i am not like that and was simply said as a joke, i do admit though it would have come across the way it did. My mum is a passionate manly supporter and will be attending the game with me on friday night.

2 of my cousins will also be coming who are both manly supporters also. So yeah just added that for a bit of spice, but obviously didnt seem that way.

Good luck on friday night!![/quote]

Fair enough, good luck I guess ;-)

Your mum must be so dissappointed, she should disown you :p

effnic

Bench
Good luck to Parra.
Manly need to keep a close eye on Grothe that guy carves us up everytime we play them so does Tahu so im glad he is out. If Tim Smith is on his game we will have more trouble on our hands.

I just hope the parra players are as dumb as 90% of there fans who are saying we need to focus all our attention on smashing Lyon (farkin geniuss) Manly will put 30+ on them easily if thats parras game plan.

Freak2

Juniors
I love how you muppets bag Cannings now but when he was up and coming for you guys he was the next big thing....:sarcasm:

I always wondered why only a handful of Manly supporters come onto this forum site but now I understand. They are so embarrassed by the biased non intelligent comments that they do not want to be associated with pelikans like you lot!

PS: For the minority of half decent Manly folk that do venture on here I apologise for this comment!

chileman

Coach
I don't really want to send this thread to The Fight Club section as I love the rivalry between the two teams and the passion the supporters have from decades and decades blood, sweat, tears and victory both groups of supporters have felt over the years but please.......PLEASE keep the name calling and personal insults off this forum and Manly section! Argue till you are (well I was going to say blue in the face but I might say maroon ;-) ) in the face, give your opinions till the cows come home but the personal insults are not welcome here! TA

t-ba

Post Whore
Freak2 said:
I love how you muppets bag Cannings now but when he was up and coming for you guys he was the next big thing....:sarcasm:

I always wondered why only a handful of Manly supporters come onto this forum site but now I understand. They are so embarrassed by the biased non intelligent comments that they do not want to be associated with pelikans like you lot!

PS: For the minority of half decent Manly folk that do venture on here I apologise for this comment!

We've actually got a plethora of other, Manly dedicated forums to visit, that's probably why the numbers are so low ;-). You've got an official website were every post has to be read by moderators...

Meh, Cannings, no real loss...Be good to have him for some bench or PL depth I suppose.

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
Seeing a manly supporter gave his view i will give mine and wont be biased

1 Luke BURT v Brett Stewart = Brett Stewart
2 Jarryd HAYNE v Michael Robertson = Jarryd Hayne
3 Ben SMITH v Steve Bell = Steve Bell
4 Krisnan INU v Jamie Lyon = JUDAS
5 Eric GROTHE v Chris Hicks = Eric Grothe
6 Brett FINCH v Michael Monaghan = Michael Monaghan
7 Tim SMITH v Matt Orford = Tim Smith (we are going on form yeah?)
8 Nathan CAYLESS © v Jason King = Nathan Cayless
9 PJ MARSH v Matt Balin = PJ Marsh
10 Aaron CANNINGS v Brent Kite = Brent Kite
11 Nathan HINDMARSH v Anthony Watmough = Nathan Hindmarsh
12 Ian HINDMARSH v Glenn Stewart = Glenn Stewart
13 Daniel WAGON v Luke Williamson = Even
14 Blake GREEN v Travis Burns = Travis Burns
15 Josh CORDOBA v Glenn Hall = Even
16 Zeb TAIA v George Rose = Even
17 Feleti MATEO v Mark Bryant = Feleti Mateo

Parra 7 Manly 7
3 Even
Now you cant call me biased

t-ba

Post Whore
You've picked Tim Smith over Matt Orford on form?

Matt Ballin has been in better form than Marsh, much better form...And Hayne is certainly a better player than Robo, but he has been on fire this year.

willvillain

Juniors
On form Hicks and Ballin are both ahead, easily.

On form Hayne and Robbo would be even.

Cordoba is ordinary, so is Glenn Hall.

I'm happy to concede that on form Smith/Cayless/NHindmarsh/Mateo all win their positions.

t-ba

Post Whore
willvillain said:
Justifiably so. Orford is playing sh*thouse footy, at least Smith is having a positive impact on his team.

Imagine I had a quizzical look on my face with that. It was more a lead in to my next sentence than it was questioning that particular statements. Stupid Interwebs.

Orford's been pretty bad, for sure.

chileman

Coach
On form, Orford has been very ordinary but that's not to say he'll go out and have an absolute blinder against Parra!

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
to be honest i cant say i have watched alot of manly games, the ones i have watched chris hicks really has not stood out, eric grothe did last week and thats why i picked him, as for marsh and balin i was leaning towards even because both are good players, however i just think pj just gets him, not alot in it though

Freak2

Juniors
Let's look at class and rating players.

Seriously on form Manly win hands down. They are IMO over achieving and on top of the table.

Class
1 Luke BURT (7) v Brett Stewart (8)
2 Jarryd HAYNE (8.5) v Michael Robertson (6.5)
3 Ben SMITH (7) v Steve Bell (8.5)
4 Krisnan INU (8.5) v Jamie Lyon (9)
5 Eric GROTHE (8.5) v Chris Hicks (7)
6 Brett FINCH (8) v Michael Monaghan (7.5)
7 Tim SMITH (7) v Matt Orford (8.5)
8 Nathan CAYLESS (9) v Jason King (7)
9 PJ MARSH (8) v Matt Balin (7.5)
10 Aaron CANNINGS (6.5) v Brent Kite (9)
11 Nathan HINDMARSH (10) v Anthony Watmough (8.5)
12 Ian HINDMARSH (7.5) v Glenn Stewart (7)
13 Daniel WAGON (8) v Luke Williamson (7)
14 Blake GREEN (7) v Travis Burns (7)
15 Josh CORDOBA (7) v Glenn Hall (7)
16 Zeb TAIA (6) v George Rose (7.5)
17 Feleti MATEO (8) v Mark Bryant (6.5)

Parra = 131.5

Manly = 129.0

I have based on ratings on time in 1st grade / rep honours / finals appearances + potential.

I think the home ground advantage would be worth at least 3-5 points as well. I also believe Travis Burn / Glenn Stewart, and both the Manly wingers have had exceptional starts to the season and are currently playing much better than their current class ratings.

So all things considered I would suggest this one is going to be pretty close.