What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Waking up in a hot sweat.

Why is it that in the last 2 weeks in almost exact same conditions, same temperature and fan blowing on me, i have woken up covered in sweat twice, with damp sweaty sheets? How does it happen and what makes it happen? A dream perhaps? I'd like to know the reason as to why, if conditions are the same each night that i will occasionally wake up covered in sweat..

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
In your dream Peter Beattie is asking you and your family to pay the ambulance tax and all labour voters are exempt.
Hence you wake up all sweaty, with a strange feeling that is not right. LOL

Be concerned when the sheets are sticky, half will be able to help there.

weasel

First Grade
A hellspawn is haunting your mind while you're asleep, trying to drive you insane so you can become his servant. You forget all about it once you wake up because otherwise you might track down an exorcist to vanquish the demon. Once he's conquered your soul he'll use you to rob Nightowl.

The Colonel

Immortal
You have just been experiencing your worst nightmare - that the Knights have released both Johns and Gidley for season 2005 and Ben Kusto has been signed as their replacement to form a long term combination with Sean Rudder.

MTK

Juniors
Could be a panic attack induced by sleep apnea. That is, your body stops breathing (sleep apnea) and so you begin to endure unpleasant physical symptoms until you wake up.

Hmm, well beforehand i dreamt that i was in a watch tower and i could see about 8 tornados in the ocean sucking up water, the tornados then came for me and my love interest on this tower.. I later found out she drowned and i started to cry in the dream... :lol: Maybe that was the reason i woke up in a sweat? It was my dreams way of saying i was wet? It is kind of similar to after a night on the piss and i go to bed i will dream about drinking loads and loads and loads of water non stop, i will tehn wake up with a dry mouth(as alcohol has deyhdrated me).. hmm... but maybe im just a wierdo

Melstar

Juniors
Chicken_Hunter said:
hmm... but maybe im just a wierdo
sounds about right ;-)
I'd say that it is because of an unpleasant dream that you're waking up like that. Maybe if something dodgy has happened to you lately, its just a sign that you're worried about it. Stress could be the reason.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Dr Angry reporting for duty,

Tell me about your mother.................

Unresolved issues.
There is something in mind that you are uncomfortable with.
Your conscience mind is refusing to deal with it, however your sub-conscience mind cannot let it be and is attempting finding an answer whilst you sleep.
You need to let the conscience brain deal with it, then you sub-conscience brain can rest easier.
Killing chickens will not resolve your problem.

Mr Angry said:
Dr Angry reporting for duty,

There is something in mind that you are uncomfortable with.
Your conscience mind is refusing to deal with it, however your sub-conscience mind cannot let it be and is attempting finding an answer whilst you sleep.
You need to let the conscience brain deal with it, then you sub-conscience brain can rest easier.

Hmm.. You know... That could be the reason.. thats exactly what my mind is doing atm, atleast thats what it seems like... Thanks mr angry.. Ur one fart smellow :lol:

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
In summer i used to have the fan on me all night and couldnt sleep without a fan.
About 2 months ago i was looking at a site that had "interesting facts about human life" and it said that if you are cold, your most likely going to experience a nightmare.

Sato

Juniors
i've been cold of a nite lately, but i haven't had a nightmare that i can recall since i was around 5 or 6.

magpiemax

Juniors
Chicken_Hunter said:
Why is it that in the last 2 weeks in almost exact same conditions, same temperature and fan blowing on me, i have woken up covered in sweat twice, with damp sweaty sheets? How does it happen and what makes it happen? A dream perhaps? I'd like to know the reason as to why, if conditions are the same each night that i will occasionally wake up covered in sweat..
You have low serotonin in your brain and this uptake must go up.
Medication may be required especially if you have any anxiety dissorder's or any family history of nervous related issue's. Good new's is that you may only need to use medication sporadically.
Exercise and you will sleep sound,natural herbs like St.john's wort will help.Also check that you are not lacking in potassium,mineral's or perhap's a vitamin deficiency.And I recomend you have a thyroid test done to check your TSH level's. ;-)

Latest posts