What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors at the Gong.

Dragonsdiehard

Juniors
After two minutes and seeing their body language, I said to my missus we won't win..... Stopped watching after 50 mins. Just too lazy in defence = poor/bad atitude. Mentally, they had lost the game before the first kick off I reckon. I can't blame Hunt for wanting out of a losing brand but why air your dirty laundry in your front yard and stink up the entire neighbourhood!? I don't get it.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
After two minutes and seeing their body language, I said to my missus we won't win..... Stopped watching after 50 mins. Just too lazy in defence = poor/bad atitude. Mentally, they had lost the game before the first kick off I reckon. I can't blame Hunt for wanting out of a losing brand but why air your dirty laundry in your front yard and stink up the entire neighbourhood!? I don't get it.
Yeah good point re Hunt....as for the players fitness JDB was puffing and blowing inside of 10 mins and looked buggered tbh....and Blocker looked like he'd been on for 40

A few things after watching that disgrace tonight-
Firstly Hunt did not have a good game and certainly was not acting as captain.De Belin to me seemed far more like the captain and steered us all night.So for $1m Ben,you're not much of a leader, and certainly didn't earn your money tonight
2-bloody Bird-makes mistakes every single game where he gives the ball away, and his attempted pathetic tackle that gave away a try. Why the hell is he even picked. He makes mistakes every single game-surely even Stevie Wonder could see that
3-Feagai-how many bloody chances to you get to show you're not NRL standard. Watching every single time where he leaves his wing and they run round him and score. Another one to Stevie Wonder
4- Amone comes on, does very little and again lets in a try. Not NRL level either
5- None of our up and coming players are at NRL level-sure they can attack , but they cant read play and get caught out of position every time
6- Thank you-Hunt, Amone,Bird,Feagai,Rava,Sloan for just pathetic tackles that all lead to tries. I'd forget any attack training and just have these guys on tackling training all week. To see all the offloads while we werent watching is just U12s stuff. I think presently we'd be lucky to beat a reserve grade side.
We played so well against Souths, yet 2 weeks later were rubbish. There werent that many mistakes made tonight, so to say its not because of whats happening off field seems ridiculous to me
One big bright spark tonight-De Belin played out of his skin and I thought Lomax tried very hard.
And yes as usual there were some pretty shit decisions against us tonight

qld redvee

Juniors
Anyone catch the press conference Ben Hunt was legit crying I think he knows how piss poor he has handled the whole situation.

I also blame the board for their continual mishandling of our club.
At least he fronted up but the journos didnt miss him . but it sounds like theres no hope in keeping him - its emotional for him but he looks spent and emotional

I don’t recall the last time our side defended so badly.

The side turned up deflated and disinterested.

In contrast the Warriors played with confidence and cohesion.

Jack Bird is too slow and unfit to play on the edge. He made Jackson Ford look like Steve Menzies.

As expected Hunt played badly. JDB was used as a ball distributor, and was ineffective.

The Warrior forwards managed to get quite a few offloads away.

In contrast our forwards were too slow and tackled poorly

Bud Sullivan was the best of the backs.

The side doesn’t slide in defence and was even caught short out wide by a 12 Warrior side.

We can blame the wingers all we like. Fact is the defensive structure is poor. God knows what the defensive coach does each week.

JB Hi Fi will be busy tomorrow. Am sure there are quite a few smashed TVs tonight.

Hang in there guys, it will get worse before things improve.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Anyone catch the press conference Ben Hunt was legit crying I think he knows how piss poor he has handled the whole situation.

I also blame the board for their continual mishandling of our club.
Yeah I caught it...Hunt started off my saying he was more disappointed for Jack as it was his 200 th game and they didnt do better for him.....I'm glad he said they because he did sfa himself and went missing for most of the game.....I can't say he appeared to be crying....he was very evasive of questions about his future and when asked he kept saying I don't really know yet I have a meeting this week so I don't know what's happening....seriously hes full of shit tbh Im sure he wants out so no matter what transpires next week it will only be a matter of what the terms are imo

Phantom V

Juniors

Jack Bird is too slow and unfit to play on the edge. He made Jackson Ford look like Steve Menzies.

As expected Hunt played badly. JDB was used as a ball distributor, and was ineffective.

The side doesn’t slide in defence and was even caught short out wide by a 12 Warrior side.

We can blame the wingers all we like. Fact is the defensive structure is poor. God knows what the defensive coach does each week.

JB Hi Fi will be busy tomorrow. Am sure there are quite a few smashed TVs tonight.

Good point about JDB. Tuck the ball under your arm and run. Why do our coaches insist on him playing a distribution role? It stifles the attack and our backline is slow enough as it is.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
At least he fronted up but the journos didnt miss him . but it sounds like theres no hope in keeping him - its emotional for him but he looks spent and emotional
Yeah fronted thats because hes still captain....but then he really didnt say anyhting did he...kept on saying I don't know or words to that effect...he may look tired and spent but I'm sure he'll perk up when hes released to join up with the Donkeys or the Titans

Illusion

Bench

Our winger are far to slow to push in then try and catch an overlap .......

Latest posts