What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WC 32nd Match: Australia v England - London 25/6/19 (Aust won by 64 runs)

Bazal

Post Whore
The squad obviously isnt strong enough in the middle when the only player after Smith you can rely on is Carey. Marsh and Khawaja can't bat in those roles. It is a squad weakness. I don't think there is much choice other than sticking and hoping they finally click in the big games. Move Carey to 5 or 6 and drop Stoinis further down.

I hate it but I think if Stoinis is there he almost has to move up. He's too slow to come out on the final twenty IMO. Cannot rotate the strike to save himself

It's a problem for sure

typicalfan

Coach
Khawaja should be dropped after his efforts last night with the bat. That was disgraceful the way he got out
You mean the guy who averages nearly 50 with the bat this year in ODIs and contributed to a 50 run partnership with Finch before getting out?

Bazal

Post Whore
You mean the guy who averages nearly 50 with the bat this year in ODIs and contributed to a 50 run partnership with Finch before getting out?

And was trying to up the run rate at a time when merkins wanted the run rate upped, as a relatively set batsman...

Fair enough it was a rubbish shot in the end, but deadset.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Like who?

Khawaja - rubbish shot, straight delivery on middle stump half volley tries to play across the line (also earlier a bad missed stumping by Butler)

Finch - Takes his time to get to 100, then skies one (far enough trying to force the pace but shit shot)

Smith - half assed tonk shot, goes no where near the boundary

If Maxy did any of the above , fmd how much more would he be crucified on here :rolleyes:

I wouldn't drop Khawaja, he will come good

I think most/all of us agree the no1 issue in the side at the moment is Stoinis

I think we need to be flexible with that first drop.

If we lose the wicket early, khawaja comes in. If we lose it after 10 overs, Smith comes in.

Khawaja will need to adjust his game down the order, but smith definitely should’ve come in before him last night.