What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WC 32nd Match: Australia v England - London 25/6/19 (Aust won by 64 runs)

Excellent win overnight but the batting order still needs fixing. From 1/180 odd we should have scored 330+. Maxwell is the dumbest Cricketer in the world, it was situation made exactly for him at that stage of the game and he got out playing his usual brain dead brand of Cricket.

Smith needs to move to 3, he needs more time at the wicket and I don't see him as the slogger like he got out trying to do, not neccesarily his fault 100% given he was trying to up the scoring while the idiots threw it away at the other end.

Stoinis isn't earning a place in the side, he comes out during the slogging overs and noodles it around like a top order player. His bowling is mostly trash.

You could probably make an argument for Carey to be batting higher.

Great bowling performance, we actually bowled a good length and brought most forms of dismissal into the game and put the pressure on them with early breakthroughs when the ball was doing a bit.

I saw parts of Morgan's press conference before leaving for work and it's worth checking out. He was not a happy camper!

A big difference was in the fields set as well, and Australia fielding out of their skins.

There weren’t any easy catches taken last night and all chances were taken.

If one of those catches was dropped, it could’ve reversed the result.

Good game by the Australians.

Attitude in the field, some pretty sweet bowling and the Poms mental fragility won us the day.

Front-Rower

First Grade
You mean the guy who averages nearly 50 with the bat this year in ODIs and contributed to a 50 run partnership with Finch before getting out?

Vs Pakistan in reality where everyone cashed in.

Where finch scored majority of the runs. Khawaja failed last night and his shot where he got out was disgraceful

sharkman73

Juniors
Tactics are different to just being a plodder. That’s not to say I like Maxwell in the side either

I'd be interested to know if it is tactics, I have my doubts.

I think he's just a very dumb cricketer. Remember some of his dismissals when he played Tests?

It's a shame, we do need firepower but he just needs to be a bit more selective if he's coming in before say the 42nd over.

typicalfan

Coach
Vs Pakistan in reality where everyone cashed in.

Where finch scored majority of the runs. Khawaja failed last night and his shot where he got out was disgraceful
50 run partnership off 55 isn't a failure. Finch scored marginally more runs but who cares? As long as the partnership goes at a reasonable rate. His shot was bad, of course, but obviously trying to up the run rate and when he got out at 2-170 odd the platform had been set. And even after all that his innings was better than Maxwell's.

typicalfan

Coach
Khawaja - rubbish shot, straight delivery on middle stump half volley tries to play across the line (also earlier a bad missed stumping by Butler)

Finch - Takes his time to get to 100, then skies one (far enough trying to force the pace but shit shot)

Smith - half assed tonk shot, goes no where near the boundary

If Maxy did any of the above , fmd how much more would he be crucified on here :rolleyes:
I will put my hand up and say if Maxwell got 100 I wouldnt complain how he got out.

Eelectrica

Referee
I don't mind that Khawaja even got out since it brings Smith on.
At that stage of the game with wickets in hand it was the right time to take some risks to elevate the RR.

Khawaja was going ok with his SR. Much better than Stoinis.
Stoinis seems to offer something with ball, but since he can't bat we're better off with a bowler.

typicalfan

Coach
Out of curiosity

How should he have played the shot he got out to ?
Either hit it harder or let it go imo.

In my opinion he got caught in between, that's why I think it might be his own self confidence because I think it's how he often gets out.

Latest posts