What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We Deserve this!

look did you goto parra stadium in the late 80's early 90's every home game and watch them get lapped by all and sundry?

well i did, and thats why i deserve this GF and i deserve a win!

People that is why WE deserve this PREMIERSHIP!

SHOW US YOUR PARRAMATTUDE!!!

GO PARRA!!!!

:pray:

Sorry i have to go I'm starting to cry!

Parraletic

Juniors
That's it Parra-Matters, c'mon Parra fans show your Parra Pride everywhere you go this week. Let's fire the boys up & get 'em over the line. It is our destiny to win this one.

We are Gold, We are Blue, We will S*** all over you!

I even reckon anyone coming in from the late 90's deserves a premiership for the heartbreaks we have endured even in a decade.

It's our time.

parra_mania

Juniors
we deserve this premiership more then any of the other teams we have show waht the meaning of never give up means... we have re-written the term mate ship of the last 11week we are a club on the path to glory and i believe this sunday will start a decade like the 80's let go parra bring it home boy

hooray for parra hooray at last hooray for parra were goin to kick the storms ass
parra (claps) parra(claps)parra(claps)

bradeel

Juniors
I hear ya. I started following the side when i was about 5 years old at the start of our remarkable premiership run in the early 1980s but I was far too young to really enjoy what was happening. And ever since I have been old enough to really follow the side, to show passion, to buy a season ticket and fight for supremacy with my mates at school, uni and work as to who is the greatest team in the NSWRL, ARL and NRL, the side has either struggled or failed to live up to expectations. I suspect there'll be a few of us come Sunday night weeping for joy at the end of 23 years of despair. Echoes of the great Jack Gibson's "Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead" Mark 2.

Last edited:

Agent Mulder

Bench
look did you goto parra stadium in the late 80's early 90's every home game and watch them get lapped by all and sundry?

well i did, and thats why i deserve this GF and i deserve a win!

People that is why WE deserve this PREMIERSHIP!

SHOW US YOUR PARRAMATTUDE!!!

GO PARRA!!!!

:pray:

Sorry i have to go I'm starting to cry!

Too f**king right mate, Well Said!

Go you mighty Eels.

Agent Mulder

Bench
f**k me i was like 10 when we last won a comp and i was there at the SCG when Mick Stone disallowed a fair Brett Kenny try and send off Phil Sigsworth.

At least we won but Stone had a deadset shocker that day.

hybrideel

Bench
I'm the same, my youth years when i had the time and my junior players footy pass and would go to almost every game was through our tough time. I was there for all the floggings. Due to family and work committments i have only been able to get to 2 games over the past 3 years.That is changing next year thank god with me conning the wife into getting me a season ticket in the B&GA section. We do deserve this but even looking back on this we have to be thankful we aren't Sharks supporters.

Mickyd39

Juniors
great post.

i remember sitting at PARRA stadium watching us get beat by a 12 man balmain tigers team.( i can't remember what year it was, god it was depressing)

The dark days are over. a new dynasty is about to begin, starting with a victory against the storm on Sunday.

GO PARRA

84 Baby

Referee
The first game I can clearly remember attending was against the Tigers & Leichardt in the early 90's and we got pummelled on the field and later berated by their fans. Well look at us now Tiger fans!

Still I did admire Laurie Nichols that day. Why don't we have those characters anymore

Nickeel

Juniors
I'm just worrying about Sunday night. At some point, with a beer in hand, I will reflect on all I've seen and endured in twenty-something years of following the Eels, and all the special things I've seen this year. Hopefully there will be more than a few beers consumed in joy following the siren.

Nick

natheel

Coach
last time we won the premiership i was being born :)

cant wait to see eels win their first premiership since i was born

Runaround Man

Juniors
This all feels a bit like 1981. Now you gotta remember then we had NEVER won a premiership. I was at the SCG that day to see history.

Hopefully I will see history again today..........

This all feels a bit like 1981. Now you gotta remember then we had NEVER won a premiership. I was at the SCG that day to see history.

Hopefully I will see history again today..........
you will see history before the game even starts mate the eels are the first team to finish 8th and go on to a grand final plus hindy beating price's record and becoming the 2nd most capped eel behind kenny

OK, were less than 7 hours from kickoff, wear your colours, be proud, sing loud, weep if you must. But remember Blue and gold never fold!
Show us your PARRAMATTUDE!
GO PARRA!!!!!

See you all the ANZ!